Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

All the Trimmings

ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 14,641
edited November 2020 in Total War General Chat
In British English „All the trimmings“ means:
„all the extra things that traditionally come with something to make it more special“

As you can see here:

So regarding the statement made by CA it probably just means that the Free LL will come with all the extras that make LLs more special. So things like unique animations, magical items, interesting mechanics, quest battles and so on.

Even if it’s intended to be a pun about „trimming wood“ it could just be a pun about umm... Wood Elves.

So that doesn’t mean the Free LL cannot be Drycha, she is definitely a very likely choice. It just means that she is not 100% confirmed.
Post edited by dge1 on

Comments

• LaindeshLaindesh Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,842
    Nice, i was thinking of making this topic just now myself. Happy you thought the same.

• ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 14,641
    Trimmings is also used as a term for dress decorating so it could also be a pun towards Ariel who is wearing a fancy dress.
  • KelefaneKelefane Registered Users Posts: 2,699
    I know it's an American holiday, but Thanksgiving is next week and trimmings is also a food term pertaining to Thanksgiving.

• RamsesIIIRamsesIII Registered Users Posts: 220
    edited November 2020
    I mean, I don't think anyone doubts that "all the trimmings", as a pun, has an actual meaning aside from the literal action related to the bushes (or maybe someone does, I don't know). I do agree that this isn't necessarily meant to indicate that Drycha is coming, but all the times the meaning of the expression has been discussed in this forum feel a bit redundant.

EDIT: nevermind, you have a pretty legitimate thing to add in regards to the meaning. I was just reminded of when the blog post was made and people were pointing out the obvious. Apologies for jumping the gun.
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,850
    It means Ariel, or at least it should, that's the only thing that matters!
    animacja-sygn-3.gif

• MrDragonMrDragon Registered Users Posts: 1,613
    I feel making a thread for this is entirely redundant but considering how damned often it's brought up by people saying "Drycha is already confirmed, stop crying about Drycha."... I can't really pretend I wouldn't want to make a thread like this myself.

The pun is ambiguous and can refer just as easily to Ariel even if you go with the "plant trimmings" meaning because of Ariel's magic items being parts cut from magic trees.
  • PocmanPocman Registered Users Posts: 4,059
    Kelefane said:

I know it's an American holiday, but Thanksgiving is next week and trimmings is also a food term pertaining to Thanksgiving.

Halfling confirmed
  • neodeinosneodeinos Registered Users Posts: 7,773
    All the trimmings can be interpreted in many ways, no one knows which way to interprate it is the right one until the new content is revealed.

I don't see the point of this thread, you're just giving your own interpratation, presenting it as the truth when it's not.

"Our blood is not for the likes of you! Raise a hand against us and I will scourge the spirit from your worthless bones and hurl you into the Outer Dark! Flee before my wrath, wretched sons of Aenarion! The Dark Mother waits, and if you press me I shall offer your souls up to her!"
    neodeinos said:

All the trimmings can be interpreted in many ways, no one knows which way to interprate it is the right one until the new content is revealed.

I don't see the point of this thread, you're just giving your own interpratation, presenting it as the truth when it's not.

It’s the official and most common meaning.

It’s barely connected with cutting wood.

The point is that people used the trimmings statement as an argument why Drycha is more likely than Ariel. Which is wrong as I proofed with the official meaning of „all the trimmings“.

People considered Drycha as confirmed because of that statement which she is clearly not.
  • Ingr8Ingr8 Registered Users Posts: 1,548

Often used in food context, as above. And "Yes", you do need sprouts for the trimmings to be complete!
    Dreaming of mighty Lumbria

ArneSo said:

neodeinos said:

It’s the official and most common meaning.

It’s barely connected with cutting wood.

The point is that people used the trimmings statement as an argument why Drycha is more likely than Ariel. Which is wrong as I proofed with the official meaning of „all the trimmings“.

People considered Drycha as confirmed because of that statement which she is clearly not.
    Don't act like you knew the truth behind this wording because you don't. No one knows if this was a hint or if it wasn't and no one will know until we see the new content.

"Our blood is not for the likes of you! Raise a hand against us and I will scourge the spirit from your worthless bones and hurl you into the Outer Dark! Flee before my wrath, wretched sons of Aenarion! The Dark Mother waits, and if you press me I shall offer your souls up to her!"
  • SerPusSerPus Registered Users Posts: 3,269
  • UberReptilianUberReptilian U.S.S.RRegistered Users Posts: 2,279
    Seems like denial to me. Drycha is inevitable.
    Ingr8 said:

Often used in food context, as above. And "Yes", you do need sprouts for the trimmings to be complete!

Could also be a pun towards a Christmas release date where people usually have big fancy meals.
    SerPus said:

Yes could be a pun towards Wood Elves and Ariel. Nothing Indicates it’s a pun towards Drycha. It’s just people seeing what they want to see.

Like I said many times, this statement could mean anything or nothing.

She is possible and likely at best. It’s a 50:50 chance to be Drycha of Ariel.
    ArneSo said:

No. 80-20 at best.

ArneSo said:

No. 80-20 at best.

Based on what?
    ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

No. 80-20 at best.

Based on what?
    A hint you can't see because of your denial.

@UberReptilian

There is absolutely nothing that makes Drycha more likely than Ariel. Both have equally good chances to be the FLC.
    neodeinos said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

No. 80-20 at best.

Based on what?
    It isn’t a hint
    ArneSo said:

neodeinos said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

No. 80-20 at best.

Based on what?
    It isn’t a hint
    We shall see that very soon.

ArneSo said:

@UberReptilian

There is absolutely nothing that makes Drycha more likely than Ariel. Both have equally good chances to be the FLC.

Yes, a reskinned Branchwraith has the same probability of being free content than a completely new model of an elf with butterfly wings. How exactly? We’ve never had an FLC LL with a completely new model.
    @neodeinos

All the trimmings can be a hint for Ariel as well so the argument that Drycha is hinted is moot and completely nonsensical

ArneSo said:

@UberReptilian

Yes, a reskinned Branchwraith has the same probability of being free content than a completely new model of an elf with butterfly wings. How exactly? We’ve never had an FLC LL with a completely new model.
    It’s not a regular FLC its a Free extra LL as a reward for being a loyal fan.

All the trimmings means all the extras that make a LL special, so it will get a fancy model, new animations and so on.

So considering the meaning of all the trimmings, Ariel is way more likely.
    ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

@UberReptilian

All the trimmings means all the extras that make a LL special, so it will get a fancy model, new animations and so on.

That's only an assumption we're not getting the regular quality we've had in FLC. There is absolutely nothing suggesting the quality might be higher than usual.

neodeinos said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

@UberReptilian

That's only an assumption we're not getting the regular quality we've had in FLC. There is absolutely nothing suggesting the quality might be higher than usual.
    It’s a more realistic assumption than trimmings being a pun for Drycha. Which is exactly my point. Both have equally good chances.
    ArneSo said:

neodeinos said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

@UberReptilian

It’s a more realistic assumption than trimmings being a pun for Drycha. Which is exactly my point. Both have equally good chances.
    Here comes the denial again.

Not it's not realistic in the slightiest since there is absolutely nothing pointing in that direction.

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

@UberReptilian

It is a regular FLC. It replaces the one we normally get. I’d be more inclined to believe that this one would actually be special if we still got a regular FLC LL alongside it, but as is all I see is another FLC LL. Easiest LLs from 8th are Araloth and Drycha, but since we know it’s female it’s Drycha. If it is Ariel I’d gIve CA massive props but I doubt it. CA would never give such a costly model away for free.

They literally tie patches to DLC because it costs less that way. CA are a business not a charity. If Ariel comes it’ll be DLC LL or a mechanic tied to the DLC.

Either way I’m far too apathetic about the DLC at this point to really care who we get but Drycha is cheapest so I’d bet my life on her being the FLC LL.
    neodeinos said:

ArneSo said:

neodeinos said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

@UberReptilian

Here comes the denial again.

Not it's not realistic in the slightiest since there is absolutely nothing pointing in that direction.
    Both have equally good chances. Trimmings can mean anything and doesn’t need to have anything to do with Drycha.