Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Mods are broken

EscalationbirdEscalationbird Registered Users Posts: 4
I have been struggling for hours with both ca and kaedrins mod manager. I"ve already unsubscribed and toned the amount down to little over ten mods. ca launcher only doesnt crash if I have 1 mod and Kaedrins manager still shows the mods I unsubscibed from (and never showed sfo in the first place?). Please help, I love this game but this would be the third time I give up on it since its release cause I'm just not able to play it (except for vanilla but I have too many hours in that already)

Comments

• RomeoRejectRomeoReject Registered Users Posts: 1,534

I have been struggling for hours with both ca and kaedrins mod manager. I"ve already unsubscribed and toned the amount down to little over ten mods. ca launcher only doesnt crash if I have 1 mod and Kaedrins manager still shows the mods I unsubscibed from (and never showed sfo in the first place?). Please help, I love this game but this would be the third time I give up on it since its release cause I'm just not able to play it (except for vanilla but I have too many hours in that already)

Kaedrin will still show every mod you've ever had, even if you've uninstalled them. To get them off Kaedrin, you'll have to go to where you installed Total Warhammer, go to the "Data" folder and manually delete the Packfile from there. Yes, it's a huge pain in the backside. That said, as long as you aren't running them, doesn't matter if they still show up in Kaedrin's or not.

Don't use the CA Launcher, it's completely worthless. What mods are you trying to run, perhaps I can help?
  • EscalationbirdEscalationbird Registered Users Posts: 4
    Thanks! https://imgur.com/a/Dq0IL9t
    posted them from the ca launcher since its a lil easier to look through them. Aah alright thanks for the info that makes sense. So any idea why sfo isnt showing up in Kaedrins manager?
    OK, I've figured out one of your issues already: You need to disable every mod in the CA launcher. Otherwise Kaedrin's launcher and the game fight. Then, eliminate "Community Modding Framework", and swap Crynsos' Faction Unlocker for Mixu's Unlocker (https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=1727923164) instead, it has much better compatibility.

No idea why SFO isn't showing up in Kaedrin's. It pulls from the same resources as the CA one, so maybe just double check your list, make sure you didn't just miss it.
    edited November 24
    Sorry for my late reply, was busy with a lot of life stuff. I have the mods deselected now and switched out the ones you mentioned. SFO is now the big issue plus I seem to be missing more mods if you think its useful I can tell you which ones. I think kaedrins mod manager might be confused since I have my steam in D drive instead of C maybe? Cause I've looked in my mods file on the D drive and sfo is there together with all my mods. Is there a way to manually add mods? https://imgur.com/a/NN33KTf

edit: I deleted sfo from my mods folder since it wasnt showing up but now its not showing up in my mod folder at all after redownloading :confused:
    Post edited by Escalationbird on

Sorry for my late reply, was busy with a lot of life stuff. I have the mods deselected now and switched out the ones you mentioned. SFO is now the big issue plus I seem to be missing more mods if you think its useful I can tell you which ones. I think kaedrins mod manager might be confused since I have my steam in D drive instead of C maybe? Cause I've looked in my mods file on the D drive and sfo is there together with all my mods. Is there a way to manually add mods? https://imgur.com/a/NN33KTf

edit: I deleted sfo from my mods folder since it wasnt showing up but now its not showing up in my mod folder at all after redownloading :confused:

Not a problem, happy to help. I don't play using SFO, so I'm kinda running blind here, but a few things to check: Go to SFO's mod page, and look on the right to make sure you have any required mods also subscribed and activated.

Then, in Kaedrin's Mod Manager, you'll see a column called "Conflicts". Check that column for anything super obvious (Massive numbers on any particular mod are usually a bad sign). Some things that will cause automatic crashing are conflicts that are trying to do the same thing. So, it's fine if you have two mods that edit a faction's tech tree, for example, even if they're listed as a conflict, so long as they're doing different things. Worst case scenario, one can usually just overwrite the other's changes. But if two mods try to both edit who a faction's Legendary Lord is, that will cause the game to get confused, because now there's two things trying to happen, and even if one gets overwritten, there will still be missing reference's and the like. This will almost universally cause the game to crash, or fail to load (It'll get stuck on the first splash screen forever).

As for having Kaedrin's on a different drive, that's almost always fine (I too have my installed in a different drive than the game), you just need to tell Kaedrin's Mod Manager where the game install is (Instructions here: https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/aadmda/a_simple_how_to_guide_with_pictures_for_kaedrins/ ). I should say, deleting a mod from your mod folder is generally not done. There's three things being referenced with Kaedrin's: Your game's Data folder (Where the mod Packfiles end up going after Kaedrin installs them), your Steam Workshop folder (Where your subscribed mods get downloaded to, this is where Kaedrin gets its list from) and your AppRoaming folder on C Drive (This is where Kaedrin's saves your current mod lists to).

But try the things in the second paragraph and let me know. The last option is kinda the nuclear one, which is: We'll just start from scratch.
    I checked and SFO doesnt require extra mods. I also have SFO submods for all my mods that mess with units/armies. I actually dont know why but conflicts isnt showing up as a column. I see where its supposed to be from the tutorial you sent but its not there. I hope theres another way but maybe a nuke is my only hope. Would be the third time I do this so if there's any other way I'll give it a try

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file