Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

No confed with Drycha

YrellianYrellian Registered Users Posts: 1,973
So, it appears that you cannot confed Drycha, at least not through the improvement of Oak of Ages. This makes my teeth grit a bit. ME is a sandbox experience, so why not let you to confed Drycha when you reach level 5 on the Oak? She does not believe in the elves, but if you manage to finish the short campaign even she should see that you are not that bad for the forest.

His Royal Highness, Phoenix King Finubar!

"It has been too long since I drew a blade in anger, Tyrion. You have been my sword, and Teclis has been my shield. But now it is time I fought my own battles!"

I used to be crazycrix, then Epic happened and I became Dubinekdubajs, which I had to change again😀
Tagged:

Comments

• HedonistHoundHedonistHound Registered Users Posts: 7,412

So, it appears that you cannot confed Drycha, at least not through the improvement of Oak of Ages. This makes my teeth grit a bit. ME is a sandbox experience, so why not let you to confed Drycha when you reach level 5 on the Oak? She does not believe in the elves, but if you manage to finish the short campaign even she should see that you are not that bad for the forest.

She has been driven insane by rage and grief. She wants to murder Orion and Ariel, she shouldn't confed with them anymore than Arkhan bowing to Settra
  • ystyst Registered Users Posts: 9,515
    Use drycha, prob solved?

Or she cant confed others too
    https://imgur.com/a/Cj4b9
    Top #3 Leaderboard on Warhammer Totalwar.
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 11,042
    I saw. Honestly don't mind if it is true that she cannot conferderate. There can be no forgiveness. Not even for Durthu.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 26,623
    Durthu should be able to confederate her and vice versa
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
  • ErathilErathil Registered Users Posts: 1,212
    Eh...

I always dislike not being able to confederate LLs... but I can't be upset by this one. It makes too much sense.
  • angry_rat_loverangry_rat_lover Registered Users Posts: 1,407
    Thats a really good thing! I cant wait to play Drycha and kill all of the elf pansies, no forgiveness

Its like Arkhan confederating with Settra, confederation just shouldnt work sometimes!
    Soon
  • HedonistHoundHedonistHound Registered Users Posts: 7,412
    ArneSo said:

Durthu should be able to confederate her and vice versa

At this point this is all speculation but she probably hates Durthu to some degree. Its his fault the elves ever entered Athel Loren and ruined everything.

Though she could see it as Durthu being tricked by the evil elves
  • YrellianYrellian Registered Users Posts: 1,973

She has been driven insane by rage and grief. She wants to murder Orion and Ariel, she shouldn't confed with them anymore than Arkhan bowing to Settra
    Well, Malekith is bowing to Malus, Lokhir and other well enough. Karl is ready to bend the knee to good old Gelt and Markus, Vlad is bending before all mighty Manny etc. Arkhan also bends the knee before Settra every now and then in the lore and he teams up with Khalida. This is also sandbox experience, so why limit it? Drycha is also helping the elves againts the others, even thou she hates the king and queen in the woods.

"It has been too long since I drew a blade in anger, Tyrion. You have been my sword, and Teclis has been my shield. But now it is time I fought my own battles!"

I used to be crazycrix, then Epic happened and I became Dubinekdubajs, which I had to change again😀
  • ZekerathZekerath Registered Users Posts: 689

Well, there is a moment in the Orion trilogy where even Drycha could see past her anger and join forces with Orion, Ariel and other wood elves in defense of Athel Loren, though I suppose one could just say Orion mind-controlled her and rest of the forest with the Wild Hunt. But just sayin' that there is a lore example of Drycha working with Orion.
  • doclumbagodoclumbago Registered Users Posts: 2,074
    edited November 2020
    waiting for the totally GREAT fantastic Recruit Dead LLs mod to be updated...

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1736529254

Thats a really good thing! I cant wait to play Drycha and kill all of the elf pansies, no forgiveness

Its like Arkhan confederating with Settra, confederation just shouldnt work sometimes!

Once again, this ME is a sandbox experience, so you should be able to forget the elves if you wish so, or you can go and destroy them, the choice should be yours, not be forced into something that is contradicted by the lore anyway.

• SnoopacSnoopac Registered Users Posts: 414
    I LOVE this. This is everything I wanted. I'm excited to see what her mechanics are- I truly hope CA goes hard with the Forest Spirit stuff. The biggest reason I wanted Drycha over the Boring Sisters and even Ariel is because I'm so interested in the Forest Spirits, especially the super sinister ones like Drycha and Coedill that are in conflict with the Elves. That's so interesting to me and I'm quite hopeful that they do something with it that will lead to a really interesting campaign. Fingers crossed!

Once again, this ME is a sandbox experience, so you should be able to forget the elves if you wish so, or you can go and destroy them, the choice should be yours, not be forced into something that is contradicted by the lore anyway.
    I disagree with the sandbox thing, TWW should be in general less sandboxy because we need more things like that, to make the world more alive, its why vortex is a better campaign in general even if the vortex itself is kinda boring, theres at least goals and factions working against eachother, it should be like that for ME too!
    Soon
  • MisterSquidMisterSquid Florida, USARegistered Users Posts: 1,634
    Honestly the game would do well to have less confederation in general.

But this specifically makes a lot of sense.
    Remember: there's no reason to get angry on the forums. Be polite and respectful towards other people's opinions, even if you disagree.

Let it be known that I was foolish enough to doubt UberReptilian, who, in her infinite wisdom, predicted that the Ogre Kingdoms would be the preorder bonus before even the Ogre Mercenary FLC for Warhammer II. This signature will stand as a monument to my shame. Woe upon me!

I disagree with the sandbox thing, TWW should be in general less sandboxy because we need more things like that, to make the world more alive, its why vortex is a better campaign in general even if the vortex itself is kinda boring, theres at least goals and factions working against eachother, it should be like that for ME too!
    So they should rework confederation entirely and do not let you confed people who would never submit. (Karl, Malekith, Vlad, Settra, Thorgrim, Alarielle etc.)

Honestly the game would do well to have less confederation in general.

But this specifically makes a lot of sense.

I really dislike confederation as a mechanic, if it was for me I would remove it!
    Soon
  • NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 12,870
    Makes sense.
    #JusticeForTzeentch
    #JusticeForMonogods

• Arcani_4_EverArcani_4_Ever Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,758
    Makes sense.

Also its not the first time there's an LL that can't confederate. Settra will never confederate, since he does not serve.

Makes sense.

Also its not the first time there's an LL that can't confederate. Settra will never confederate, since he does not serve.

And yet Malekith who thinks that he is superior to everyone is eager to crawl before all mighty Lokhir. Makes no sence, yet it is in the game, because it is a sandbox game.

• DeadpoolSWDeadpoolSW Registered Users Posts: 2,900

waiting for the totally GREAT fantastic Recruit Dead LLs mod to be updated...

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1736529254

It doesn't need updating, it's set up so that it applies to any character that has immortality- that's how it works for Mixu's lords
    Nagash will rule again!

Justice for Chaos Dwarfs, Ogre Kingdoms, Araby, Albion, Amazons, Halflings, Nippon, Ind, Khuresh & the Hobgoblin Khanate!
  • ShiroAmakusa75ShiroAmakusa75 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 34,001
    The less confederation there is the better.
  • ZekerathZekerath Registered Users Posts: 689
    I personally like confederation mechanic, and would love to collect all the lords even as wood elves.
  • doclumbagodoclumbago Registered Users Posts: 2,074

wholeheartedly disagree here. I like all my LLs in one campaign

Confederation is such a terrible mechanic that has such a negative influence on campaign, it shouldn't be kept around just because some people want to play Pokemon and catch 'em all.
    edited November 2020

Confederation is such a terrible mechanic that has such a negative influence on campaign, it shouldn't be kept around just because some people want to play Pokemon and catch 'em all.
    It doesn't matter how you get those LLs, they can botch confederation if that makes you sleep easier, but you should be able to somehow aquire all the LLs. Why would I pay for additional lords, if I can get only one per game.

edited November 2020

It doesn't matter how you get those LLs, they can botch confederation if that makes you sleep easier, but you should be able to somehow aquire all the LLs. Why would I pay for additional lords, if I can get only one per game.
    No, you shouldn't. I don't really see why you should get to have all LLs no matter what faction you play yourself. Just because you want to is not a reason.

I say it again, just because you want to play Pokemon doesn't mean a detrimental mechanic needs to stay in the game.

Confederation needs to be nerfed into oblivion or flat removed.

No, you shouldn't. I don't really see why you should get to have all LLs no matter what faction you play yourself. Just because you want to is not a reason.

I say it again, just because you want to play Pokemon doesn't mean a detrimental mechanic needs to stay in the game.

Confederation needs to be nerfed into oblivion or flat removed.
    And as I said, they can get rid of confed, I don't care, I just want to be albe to aquire all the lords if I wish so. Empire, Dark Elves, Lizards etc. can get everyone, so why should three races be limited, when all the others are not.

• endurendur Registered Users Posts: 4,076
    I like confederation. The recruit defeated LLs is one of my favorite mods, and possibly my very favorite mod.

I really like facing LLs over and over again, and I don't want a LL to be eliminated from the game by turn 5.

• AkiAmazAkiAmaz Registered Users Posts: 486
    ME is not a sandbox experience. Disabuse yourselves of that notion. It remains a Warhammer experience and LORE remains an important aspect.

Drycha sounds a great alternative WE play.
  • yolordmcswagyolordmcswag Registered Users Posts: 3,865
    Drycha is completely insane, she would rather destroy the forest and the oak itself than see the elves live there happily. She tried doing that several times after all.