Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

WE changes so far

SarmatiannsSarmatianns Registered Users Posts: 4,319
edited November 20 in Balancing Discussions
From various videos, that cover free stuff and patch info, we can see quite a few changes to the old WE units. We still won't be shown DLC stuff

1) Orion can shoot while moving.

2) Glade Riders with spears are here. 550 gold, same as Ellyrian Reavers (Reavers seem straight up better, but that is probably more the case of Reavers being too cheap)

3) Buffed Treekin

-5MD, +28 WS, vanguard

4) All tree units got vanguard, don't know if it include Lords like Ancient Treemen and Durthu, but Treeman unit has vanguard

5) Hawk Riders got vanguard and 360 firing

6) Glade Captain on a Great Stag AKA Stagtain

These are very, very, very strong buffs, without even accessing DLC stuff.

Comments

• eumaieseumaies Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,811
    woodsmen cavalry in trees might actually be useful for vanguarding light cavalry. so that may have more value than the trait usually does.
  • kasunrathnatungakasunrathnatunga Registered Users Posts: 7,242
    doesn't glade capatain come with better support abilities than repanse
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc
  • BastileanBastilean Registered Users Posts: 1,057
    Campaign or MP?
  • SarmatiannsSarmatianns Registered Users Posts: 4,319
  • another505another505 Registered Users Posts: 2,486
    glade captain seems to be a better version of handmaiden. Will see if that will be useful
    Glade Captain seems like a Waystalker that loses Stalk in exchange for a monstrous mount.
  • griffithxigriffithxi Registered Users Posts: 892
    edited November 20
    Holy.....
    look at the stats on glade captain....it must be super expensive to have stats like those
    55 MA and 50 def as well as bonus vs large and ranged?
    105 total ma/md vs 106 total for handmaiden when martial prowess is active.
    Also not sure if this is on large or ultra but if its large like the other pics seem to be it has 1000 more hp than handmaiden on barded ithilmar steed (3132).

I guess it will come down to how expensive that new stag mount is too. It might be priced like a monster mount or something.

Holy.....
    look at the stats on glade captain....it must be super expensive to have stats like those
    55 MA and 50 def as well as bonus vs large and ranged?
    105 total ma/md vs 106 total for handmaiden when martial prowess is active.
    Also not sure if this is on large or ultra but if its large like the other pics seem to be it has 1000 more hp than handmaiden on barded ithilmar steed (3132).

I guess it will come down to how expensive that new stag mount is too. It might be priced like a monster mount or something.

Glade Captain is from another video, so might be Ultra. In fact, I'm pretty sure it is.
  • AudacimousAudacimous Registered Users Posts: 136
    I don't understand these balance changes at all...
  • Totentanz777Totentanz777 Registered Users Posts: 177
    Interesting stuff. I wonder if waywatchers will be nerfed at all with the addition of all these new units. This DLC is shaping up to be pretty amazing though, I gotta admit!
  • IMayboIMaybo Registered Users Posts: 437
    unnecessary buffs for hawkriders and treekin
    the question is - what will be the cost of these updated units
  • AmonkhetAmonkhet Registered Users Posts: 3,115
    So is Skaven or WE the new tier 0?
  • blindjonnblindjonn Registered Users Posts: 708
    Amonkhet said:

Skaven are getting a ton of mass just as mass becomes less important. Wood Elves are getting tools they need to be competitive. This doesn't really add up to OP. Now, perhaps the Wolfrats will turn Skaven into a cowardly Vampire Coast and perhaps Wood Elves will be totally overtuned at an absurdly low cost. But I think it's more likely that a slightly nerfed Greenskins and a slightly buffed Empire will be S tier.
    blindjonn said:

Amonkhet said:

Skaven are getting a ton of mass just as mass becomes less important. Wood Elves are getting tools they need to be competitive. This doesn't really add up to OP. Now, perhaps the Wolfrats will turn Skaven into a cowardly Vampire Coast and perhaps Wood Elves will be totally overtuned at an absurdly low cost. But I think it's more likely that a slightly nerfed Greenskins and a slightly buffed Empire will be S tier.
    it also means, the horde of skaven infantry and all their foot lords are getting better when they were viable before already.

blindjonn said:

Amonkhet said:

it also means, the horde of skaven infantry and all their foot lords are getting better when they were viable before already.
    Skaven foot lords aren't getting Arcane Phoenix mounts or Fermented Fungi. They'll probably be fine. As for the infantry, their horrible morale is and still will be their biggest weakness, which really sets them apart from Vampire Coast's excess. I could be wrong, though.
  • TlaxtlanSoothsayerTlaxtlanSoothsayer Registered Users Posts: 2,699
    Amonkhet said:

Well,

blindjonn said:

blindjonn said:

Amonkhet said:

Skaven foot lords aren't getting Arcane Phoenix mounts or Fermented Fungi. They'll probably be fine. As for the infantry, their horrible morale is and still will be their biggest weakness, which really sets them apart from Vampire Coast's excess. I could be wrong, though.
    Sniktch might need a price nerf after this buff if he cant be stunned as easy. His stats and speed are amazing, and some Crowd Control ability

blindjonn said:

blindjonn said:

Amonkhet said:

Sniktch might need a price nerf after this buff if he cant be stunned as easy. His stats and speed are amazing, and some Crowd Control ability
    He's definitely going to be a monster, but he'll eat damage more. It might be the case that an absolute ton of stuff needs repricing, though, we'll see. I'm looking forward to a shiny new Gorebull, who will suddenly hard counter stuff that has bullied him for years.
  • ystyst Registered Users Posts: 8,116
    edited November 21
    What the fork with treekin, 26 dmg? Did they frikking not know treekin can solo pilgrim and squire. Now they can frikking kill 3x pilgrims solo

And vanguard lmao..... good lord
    https://imgur.com/a/Cj4b9
    Top #3 Leaderboard on Warhammer Totalwar.
    yst said:

What the fork with treekin, 26 dmg? Did they frikking not know treekin can solo pilgrim and squire. Now they can frikking kill 3x pilgrims solo

And vanguard lmao..... good lord

yeap that was old tree kin new one is gonna hurt. hurt bad RIP heavy cav
    How much is AP increased on the Treekin?
  • Lotus_MoonLotus_Moon Registered Users Posts: 9,918
    It doesnt say hawks got 360* those icons are for vanguard and fire on the move unless it was specified somewhere.

It doesnt say hawks got 360* those icons are for vanguard and fire on the move unless it was specified somewhere.

dhav video have them with 360 shooting
  • Lotus_MoonLotus_Moon Registered Users Posts: 9,918
    edited November 21

ohhhhh, i think thats a bad idea
  • glosskilosglosskilos Registered Users Posts: 1,213

But not fire while moving right?

But not fire while moving right?
    i am pretty sure he said that too.

• ystyst Registered Users Posts: 8,116
    Lol poor hawks getting nerfed with 360
    https://imgur.com/a/Cj4b9
    Top #3 Leaderboard on Warhammer Totalwar.
    yst said:

? nerfed ?
    Bastilean said:

yst said:

? nerfed ?
    oh 360 shooting cap, can't take lot of them like in the past.