Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

WE changes so far

Comments

• KrunchKrunch Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,523
  • saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 8,488
    Krunch said:

Great Stag Knights stats

https://i.imgur.com/Xzprsz9.png

Damn, oreon horn of wild hunt meta in coming.
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc
  • ystyst Registered Users Posts: 8,370
    90 speed roflllllllllllll
    vanguard ap cav

but really dont think thats even remotely close to being great, any1 notice twilights missile att yet?
    https://imgur.com/a/Cj4b9
    Top #3 Leaderboard on Warhammer Totalwar.
  • PocmanPocman Registered Users Posts: 4,065
    I seriously don't see a a single f
    Krunch said:

Great Stag Knights stats

https://i.imgur.com/Xzprsz9.png

Obligatory "please note that is in ultra".

And zoats, prolly another stupidly good unit thats like whitelion chariots which completely roflout-tiered gorebeast. Zoats will out-tier frikking dragon orges so badly.

Chaos, nosca, vamps, tombs, dwfs, orks, delf gonna so autowin its gonna be hilarious. Man cant wait to farm
    Guess zoat spells.

My guess

In normal one awakening of wood and flesh to stone.

Ror probably will have dwellers below and regrowth or earth blood.
  • another505another505 Registered Users Posts: 2,738
    edited November 2020
    Phys resist on top of 60 armor silver shield frezny vanguard ,32 ultra model with heal.
    Looks really good, will have to see the price.

Looks like a super mobile dreadknight or lance demi

Phys resist on top of 60 armor silver shield frezny vanguard ,32 ultra model with heal.

More like lance demi if i have to guess, also factor in horn of the wild hunt.
  • The_real_FAUSTThe_real_FAUST Registered Users Posts: 1,193
    Throw everything at the new shiny unit.

They need to be 1600 gold.

Vanguard, phys resist, Frenzy AP, forest.

Very powerful.
  • Godefroy_de_BouillonGodefroy_de_Bouillon Registered Users Posts: 2,580

I guess we can have now bretonnia lvl of cav can we have we lvl of shooting?
  • another505another505 Registered Users Posts: 2,738
    Oh guys, stop overreacting and just see how it goes. If the thing cost 1600 which seems possible, its not going to be op
    edited November 2020
    No one even realise how high their charge is?

Theres never a 70+ charge unit thats ap, very likely to steamroll demi hard, phy resist blocking ap dmg as well, silvershield on top. This is a full fledge pure upgrade of demis with any weakness.

+15 more speed
    +5 more ld
    0 forest penalty
    silvershield vs none from demis, u prolly need to shoot them 3-4 times just to get 1 volley equilvalent dmg on demis
    vanguard lol....

First time ever in game u can just vanguard and dont need to give a crap coz frankly theres 0 unit in game that can go toe to toe with them. Then again, not really surprised, already knew welf gonna get the best cav in game. They only have riders, its no brainer they gonna fill a shock cav on that spot then u got glade riders filling the bottom slot.

Quote removed.

Nah wont be much, im thinking just $1550 range
    Post edited by dge1 on
  • IMayboIMaybo Registered Users Posts: 457
    "upgrades of demis with any weakness"
    really? 125 armor on demis vs 60 armor on WE
    definitely more HP since its on ultra
    and according to that screen, no BvL or BvI on stags

time to panic, where are "stags OP pls nerf" threads?
    these drama queens my god

To be fair Lance Demi's are their clear competitor

And at this glance they are a superior unit in terms of abilities and passives. I would expect them to be priced more than Lance Demis by a comfortable margin

Vanguard,
    Phys resist,
    Frenzy
    Forest
    Silver shield
    Fear

vs
    Bronze Shield
    Fear
    i think their fair price is 1600-1650 maximum
    IMaybo said:

sure when will grail guardians get -100 cost reduction.
  • DaBoyzAreBackInTownDaBoyzAreBackInTown Registered Users Posts: 251
    edited November 2020

And at this glance they are a superior unit in terms of abilities and passives. I would expect them to be priced more than Lance Demis by a comfortable margin

Vanguard,
    Phys resist,
    Frenzy
    Forest
    Silver shield
    Fear

vs
    Bronze Shield
    Fear

Only in a cav fight. Worthwhile to remember that Demi's already don't do amazingly vs lowtier infantry due to low model count but they are more survivable due to their +65 armour. Even with the physical resistance taken into account I wouldt think the Great Stag Knights take far more damage from low-mid tier anti-large infantry.

So for factions that typically engage in a cav fight with Wood elves (Empire/Bretonnia/High Elves/Dark Elves) their low and mid tier spear units will be quite nice here.

Although all this is assuming that Waywatchers receive a nerf. If they don't then WE will be comfortably tier 1. But tbh that would be a hella fresh change to the meta that I would be on board with, Greenskins + Wood Elves top tier, can't stop the Green Machine!
  • SarmatiannsSarmatianns Registered Users Posts: 4,502
    I'm struggling to remember when was the last time I saw lance demis...

Vanguard,
    Phys resist,
    Frenzy
    Forest
    Silver shield
    Fear

vs
    Bronze Shield
    Fear

Only in a cav fight. Worthwhile to remember that Demi's already don't do amazingly vs lowtier infantry due to low model count but they are more survivable due to their +65 armour. Even with the physical resistance taken into account I wouldt think the Great Stag Knights take far more damage from low-mid tier anti-large infantry.

So for factions that typically engage in a cav fight with Wood elves (Empire/Bretonnia/High Elves/Dark Elves) their low and mid tier spear units will be quite nice here.

Although all this is assuming that Waywatchers receive a nerf. If they don't then WE will be comfortably tier 1. But tbh that would be a hella fresh change to the meta that I would be on board with, Greenskins + Wood Elves top tier, can't stop the Green Machine!
    I don't think any low mid tier AL is going to get near 90 speed vanguard shock cav to be honest
  • outrage4outrage4 master engineerRegistered Users Posts: 416

Lance demis are very much the meta pick right now.
  • eumaieseumaies Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 7,011
    outrage4 said:

Lance demis are very much the meta pick right now.
    Fact. They got the price and stats right for them. Same for basic necro knights.

IMaybo said:

sure when will grail guardians get -100 cost reduction.
    those guys with 70 speed, perfect vigour, 120 armor, 56 def, and tons of health?
    ye, no thanks
    IMaybo said:

Yep once again reinforced the fact why they r the #1 cav in game.m

Comfortably have stupidly numerous advantages, dont need to give a crap about all ap anti large, saving crapload of $ not oaying those armor. Boar bigun, cold knights, demis, dragon orges, cold riders etc etc

EVEN missiles, ap missiles in demi is frikking 100% pure dmg on them. U need to do 300-400% more on stag knights just to achieve that. Silvershield alone blocks more than half then coupled to resistances, and come on that speed.

They r THE ONLY CAV in game that dont need to give a crap about ANYTHING. U can yolo them in EVERY situation.

Theres not a single instances where u need to worry about them not trading well.

If ppl r debating about a 90 speed ap cav with this mass, 70 charge, fear not being the best cav in game. They seriously have no idea how cav works.

If ppl havent get the picture yet
    Demi lance - gorebeast chariot
    Stag knights - white lions chariot
    yst said:

IMaybo said:

Yep once again reinforced the fact why they r the #1 cav in game.m

Comfortably have stupidly numerous advantages, dont need to give a crap about all ap anti large, saving crapload of $ not oaying those armor. Boar bigun, cold knights, demis, dragon orges, cold riders etc etc

EVEN missiles, ap missiles in demi is frikking 100% pure dmg on them. U need to do 300-400% more on stag knights just to achieve that. Silvershield alone blocks more than half then coupled to resistances, and come on that speed.

They r THE ONLY CAV in game that dont need to give a crap about ANYTHING. U can yolo them in EVERY situation.

Theres not a single instances where u need to worry about them not trading well.

If ppl r debating about a 90 speed ap cav with this mass, 70 charge, fear not being the best cav in game. They seriously have no idea how cav works.

If ppl havent get the picture yet
    Demi lance - gorebeast chariot
    Stag knights - white lions chariot
    wait until zoat
  • eumaieseumaies Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 7,011
    i have no opinion as to whether they are too strong because they don't have a price yet.

But it is weird to give a gigantic cav unit silver shields. I wonder if they have gigantic hit boxes and so silver shields were needed to keep them melting to ranged fire..
  • blindjonnblindjonn Registered Users Posts: 869
    eumaies said:

But it is weird to give a gigantic cav unit silver shields. I wonder if they have gigantic hit boxes and so silver shields were needed to keep them melting to ranged fire..

Vanguard + 90 Speed is a great way of mitigating the amount of ranged damage they take. I'm not a fan of flagship mounted units getting silver shields all of a sudden this year, it seems power-creepy to me.
    edited November 2020

wait until zoat

Zoat is not 90 speed.

Zoat again, another pure upgrade from dragon orges, so yea yet an xtra addition of #1 monster in game. Bound spells is pretty much thorn shield by the looks of it, hell any life bound spell would do. Dont even care if its stone flesh, thorn, awake, they all fits perfectly on this upgraded dragon orge.

Anyway they r pretty much a 24 models like demis which makes them
    212 per stag (210 demi)
    5088 hp for the whole unit (5040 demi)

I dont think theres any large in game that can even comes close to fighting zoats, prolly fimir 2h on crack uber steriods rocking with over 64++ speed, prolly faster than empire knights
    Post edited by yst on
    edited November 2020
    So any1 ready for triple eagles? lets not pretend not knowing about it lol. We r way past that

And dont bother hiding in forest coz thats not gonna help, unit block aint gonna help either coz this aint garbage worst missile hero skink chief
    yst said:

So any1 ready for triple eagles? lets not pretend not knowing about it lol. We r way past that

And dont bother hiding in forest coz thats not gonna help, unit block aint gonna help either coz this aint garbage worst missile hero skink chief

oh glady plus two glade cpaly , but wouldn't that mean no magic though?
    edited November 2020

oh glady plus two glade cpaly , but wouldn't that mean no magic though?

Who cares when everythings dead, magic isnt even compulsory on welf. A fireball bot cant even do half the things waystalker mounted stalker can

Dead lord, dead heroes, dead cav, just mop up with stags and zoats, hardly break a sweat