Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

WE changes so far

124»

Comments

• IMayboIMaybo Registered Users Posts: 457
    edited November 2020
    dead everything... wow, sound worrying

you actually can use triple eagles right now, you know?

can you guys send me a video of that battle, where this build is used successfully? I want to see it
    we need to nerf it asap
  • ystyst Registered Users Posts: 8,382
    IMaybo said:

can you guys send me a video of that battle, where this build is used successfully? I want to see it
    we need to nerf it asap

Poor guy didnt even understand what we r talking about lol....
    https://imgur.com/a/Cj4b9
    Top #3 Leaderboard on Warhammer Totalwar.
  • ystyst Registered Users Posts: 8,382
    edited November 2020
    Pocman said:

-125 armor is better than 60 armor and 20% Phys Res in almost every situation, or at least similarly good, except against AP missile units like handgunners and the like. So MUCH better against non ap missiles, non ap melee, similar v ap melee (will depend on the ap ratio) worse but not by that much against ap missiles.

So wheres the silvershield, #elflieagain?
    https://imgur.com/a/Cj4b9
    Top #3 Leaderboard on Warhammer Totalwar.
  • hanenhanen Registered Users Posts: 499
    Silver Shields doesnt matter in combat.

As for shooting at them you can just shoot from somewhere else than straight in front of them.

You are far more likely to try and avoid cannons, that ignores shields, or skirmish cav that will shoot you in the ass.
    oh please, yst, enlighten me with your wisdom
    WE mains dont want to talk about some super strategy, but you dont want to talk about it either?
    nice

silver shields don't save wild riders from being shot by everything
    nobody will think "oh look, this new expensive cav has silver shields, lets not waste our precious peasant arrows on them"

delusional
  • BlissBliss Registered Users Posts: 578
    edited November 2020
    yst said:

IMaybo said:

we need to nerf it asap

yst said:

Pocman said:

-125 armor is better than 60 armor and 20% Phys Res in almost every situation, or at least similarly good, except against AP missile units like handgunners and the like. So MUCH better against non ap missiles, non ap melee, similar v ap melee (will depend on the ap ratio) worse but not by that much against ap missiles.

Is it really him being dumb for not understanding what you're talking about or you failing to properly explain things and being dishonnest ?

I have doubt when you say, at the very least, very questionnable statements like saying "AP missile deals 100% damage vs DMK" whereas it's not true at all because AP ratio is never 100% (handgunners for instance have 17 ap damage + 5 normal damage, so in this case it's not 100% but 78% damage -shield not taken into account here), or saying that DMK don't have shields while it's only true for hallberds variant...

• blindjonnblindjonn Registered Users Posts: 870
    hanen said:

Silver Shields doesnt matter in combat.

As for shooting at them you can just shoot from somewhere else than straight in front of them.

Silver shields on mounted units are a problem, because it's setting a new precedent that leaves infantry less distinct and with less comparable utility. The increase in missile block chance isn't inherently OP (but it is stronger than it looks), but it's an example of power creep/feature creep.

The silver shields should be downgraded to bronze on Stag Knights and BOBB, regardless of how strong the Stags are.
  • saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 8,521
    yst said:

oh glady plus two glade cpaly , but wouldn't that mean no magic though?

Who cares when everythings dead, magic isnt even compulsory on welf. A fireball bot cant even do half the things waystalker mounted stalker can

Dead lord, dead heroes, dead cav, just mop up with stags and zoats, hardly break a sweat
    Forgot zoats and sisters actually had bound spells, yap no magic no issue.
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc
    On the other hand why don't handmaiden of everqueen get eagles, it will be easier for them to do job up in sky . Protect larry. Or have volley of high arrows.

I fell like this is discrimination of asur compared to asarai now.

Bliss said:

yst said:

IMaybo said:

we need to nerf it asap

yst said:

Pocman said:

Is it really him being dumb for not understanding what you're talking about or you failing to properly explain things and being dishonnest ?

I have doubt when you say, at the very least, very questionnable statements like saying "AP missile deals 100% damage vs DMK" whereas it's not true at all because AP ratio is never 100% (handgunners for instance have 17 ap damage + 5 normal damage, so in this case it's not 100% but 78% damage -shield not taken into account here), or saying that DMK don't have shields while it's only true for hallberds variant...

I guess they are talking about the naestra+arakhan eagle + 2 captains on eagle or whatsoever does that "3 eagles" strat means, but I'm not sure as well

I'm also not sure what are those mystical welf players who refuse to talk about some hidden strats from the secret temple of the 8th dragon

Personally, I think mass eagle strat can be viable, same as it was before, and 360 will definitely help in that area, however, not against the factions with access to cheap skirmishers

Rip balance
    edited November 2020
    that's interesting, then again, I would like to see tests when those units are getting shot at with missiles
    pretty sure the results are going to be different

also stags losing to dragon princess and even chaos lances in the frontal encounter hints that all that Brets drama about stags can be unjustified
    zoats on the other hand...

the animation of great stags looks abusable too, seems like stags throw their victims further away than demis
    he said zoats coast similar to blood knights so ~1700

• BlissBliss Registered Users Posts: 578

Rip balance

I didn't see anything shocking here.

Bladesingers winning all those fights (Swordmasters/Executionners and Chosen GW) is normal : they cost 1200 and have only 15 armor so they are much more vulnerable to chaff / non ap missile units. At the same time, AP is irrelevant against them, so all elite units are paying armor piercing for nothing. And vs chosen, it's a toe to toe trade while chosen have very high armor and are not dedicated anti inf.
    -> In that regard, testing Bladesingers against regular chosen would be more relevant I think.

Great stag knight : cost 1500, and trade poorly into other elite cav but very very good vs inf and really good potential synergy with zoats.

Zoats might be over the top, because they trade really good and have really good supp abilities.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 20,769
    Posts with personal remarks removed.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain