Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Ungrim Changes

MitechMitech Registered Users Posts: 134
Seems like Ungrim got a few stat changes.

-5 MA
+10 MD
+10 WS

Hopefully with changes to his non AP - AP division, 140 - 300 would look better then 145 - 295 or 155 - 285 for a AP char.

Items and abilities look to be still the same with red ruin still ruining himself but atleast he can now use that 1000+ WS sometimes while not wasting it with rolling around on the floor.

Feels like CA_Duck should have given Ungrim a cookie or something for helping to fix a bug/feature thats been with us so long.
Tagged:

Comments

• ystyst Registered Users Posts: 9,579
    Damn amazing change, his att has always been too high, def too low.

Age of the beard, begins.
    https://imgur.com/a/Cj4b9
    Top #3 Leaderboard on Warhammer Totalwar.
  • AWizard_LizardAWizard_Lizard Registered Users Posts: 1,739
    Mitech said:

Seems like Ungrim got a few stat changes.

-5 MA
    +10 MD
    +10 WS

Hopefully with changes to his non AP - AP division, 140 - 300 would look better then 145 - 295 or 155 - 285 for a AP char.

Items and abilities look to be still the same with red ruin still ruining himself but atleast he can now use that 1000+ WS sometimes while not wasting it with rolling around on the floor.

Feels like CA_Duck should have given Ungrim a cookie or something for helping to fix a bug/feature thats been with us so long.

I believe if the devs want to rethink some items of his, it will happen in a dwarf dlc, as it happened for Grimgor in his dlc. The knockback thing was the urgent one.
    Prettiest of the foot overlords.
  • mightygloinmightygloin Karaz-a-KarakRegistered Users Posts: 5,634
    edited November 2020
    Finally this seems to be another good change in the right direction. The updates to the game do really surpass the new content sometimes.

He'll still have issues finding engagements and staying on his targets, but that's not unique to him. At least now he gets to use his stats better if something decides to engage him.

Now if only he could get his missing cloak as well. It's not even in the campaign and only visually there. Much like the Throne of Power. Could lose one of his many +damage abilities in process.

Edit: The cloak is there with the very same bonuses in campaign as a passive which probably deletes its chances to have it in MP. Totally forgot that.

Post edited by mightygloin on
  • damon40000damon40000 Registered Users Posts: 1,497
    fainally, maybe he will be more deadly

when in my last dwarf compaign cheap pump wagons were bowling with him something (my interest in this playthrough) died in me
    BsFG dwarf
  • RheingoldRheingold Registered Users Posts: 1,289

when in my last dwarf compaign cheap pump wagons were bowling with him something (my interest in this playthrough) died in me

Yeah, watching the slayer king have the snot beaten out of him by a pumpwagon is no fun.

It's not snotlings' fault that they pump their wagons harder than Ungrim can pump his dwarven legs.
  • PocmanPocman Registered Users Posts: 5,601
    Not surprising seeing how Duck acknowledged this change specifically. But great news nonetheless.
  • Totentanz777Totentanz777 Registered Users Posts: 735
    This combined with the mass changes could make ungrim a viable pick. Dwarf mains, get ready to eat your hearts out.
    edited November 2020

This combined with the mass changes could make ungrim a viable pick. Dwarf mains, get ready to eat your hearts out.

Careful with the hype there to not get disappointed later :p

He can hit stuff finally but still a hardsell in competitive scene imo, just not a complete moneysink. Got no utility, buff, debuff hex, aoe, heal, aura etc. all the while being slow. Gooning such characters should be even less of an issue now since they will take every hit without ragdolling around and there is no ability like Lucky Banner to reduce the incoming burst damage. Considering all these, his MD is still somewhat low especially with the current prevalence of hexes and debuffs. But maybe combined with the infantry changes he might have an easier time finding targets and generate value we shall see. Otherwise buttnaked Mr. Smoke Bomb or generic lord all the way.
    Post edited by mightygloin on
  • Totentanz777Totentanz777 Registered Users Posts: 735

Careful with the hype there to not get disappointed later :p

He can hit stuff finally but still a hardsell in competitive scene imo, just not a complete moneysink. Got no utility, buff, debuff hex, aoe, heal, aura etc. all the while being slow. Maybe combined with the infantry changes he might have an easier time finding targets we shall see. Otherwise buttnaked Mr. Smoke Bomb or generic lord all the way.
    Yea TBH I wanna see dwarves get some units like warmachines or mech-like monstrous units that will break their one dimensional playtime. Its frustrating to play against the same dwarf builds everytime but I understand that they more than any other faction are really pigeonholed into playing with gunlines and lords/heroes with slows.