Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

I call it know. 1 more DLC and a pre-order will come

FerestorFerestor Registered Users Posts: 539
So first of the new DLC looks great and is what i hoped for.

I always hoped for the sisters and Ariel as a LH and Drycha as the FLC.

Thort was obvious (markings on the last DLC symbol)
Gorrich was a bonus i didn´t expect.

We don`t know what drycha will bring but in the stream they have mentioned coeddil.

So all in all it lokks great.

On reddit grace confirmed that we will get 1 more DLC. it was not mentioned if it`s the pre-order but i asume it will a seperate LP.

If we look at the new map changes i think the next DLc will be a VC vs Dawi DLC with DE as a FLC.

Here my post about them.

Neferata is now more realistic then ever with the new map expansion. (To all who didn`t believe me before, ha take this! ;) )

The DE would make a great FLC, because they don't have enough for a full DLC. Maybe CA can give the manticore as CA-Access.

This would mean that the BM will have to wait once more but i think that this DLC would be a good last DLC. (All original WH1 races playable in Vortex)

And for the pre-order i think we will not get a new race. I expect a BM vs WoC LP with Norsca FLC.

Here the post from me about that.

I still think that this would give us a sneak peak at WH3 content before hand.

But with all this possibly content i think WH3 was more delayed then we expected and will release in 2022.

What are you thinking?

Comments

• XxXScorpionXxXXxXScorpionXxX Registered Users Posts: 2,080
    Beastmen vs Vampire DLC is my bet.

Kisliv will be the Pre-Order
    Request scorched body textures, poisoned dying animations for infantry's skeletons, a blood slider that allows us to control how much blood appears in battle and make proper death animations for all ethereal units so they vanish for Blood for the Blood God 3.
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 17,976
    Next DLC will be about BM.

Then the preorder bonus which could be anything.
  • LaindeshLaindesh Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,437
    Well since 1 more DLC, it could be a pre order race pack, it could be LP DLC. Who knows :)
  • AmonkhetAmonkhet Registered Users Posts: 4,026
    Correction: Grace didnt say it was one more dlc, she said 'wasn't the last dlc'. Thats an important distinction. The preorder will likely be a Race.

DE have enough from supplements and lore blurbs to make one more pack.
  • XxXScorpionXxXXxXScorpionXxX Registered Users Posts: 2,080
    When they said "if this does well we'll be allowed to do this again" they were almost certainly talking about a Beastmen DLC directly after this one. It will definitely be Beastmen vs someone. I hope that's either Counts or Dwarfs because they need it more than game 2 races.
    Request scorched body textures, poisoned dying animations for infantry's skeletons, a blood slider that allows us to control how much blood appears in battle and make proper death animations for all ethereal units so they vanish for Blood for the Blood God 3.
  • FerestorFerestor Registered Users Posts: 539
    I agree that the BM need some love, but ithink that this could be done in some parts with WH3. Thats why i think the BM could be the pre-order.
  • SerPusSerPus Registered Users Posts: 3,701
    CA don't always use provinces that they add right away, so Neferata isn't guaranteed for the next DLC. Beastmen, however, do need their rework.
    Ferestor said:

I agree that the BM need some love, but ithink that this could be done in some parts with WH3. Thats why i think the BM could be the pre-order.

That would be dumb as hell, after two preorder races before.
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 12,215
    I don't think it'll be a G1 vs G1
    Ferestor said:

Unlike WoC Beastmen don't require anything from TWW3.
    SerPus said:

Ferestor said:

Unlike WoC Beastmen don't require anything from TWW3.
    well the horde mechanic i would expect is the same for both races.
    Ferestor said:

well the horde mechanic i would expect is the same for both races.

It shouldn't be. Beastmen are different from WoC and that should be reflected in their mechanics.
  • ErathilErathil Registered Users Posts: 1,003
    ArneSo said:

CA stated that this DLC was a bit of an experiment to see if DLC for DLC was viable. While the beastmen absolutely need a major update and rework more than any existing faction, it may be that there's a time gap, a period to assess the Twisted and the Twilight before a call is made on beastmen, but not before they move ahead with the next DLC.

Vampires have been getting attention recently, with Strigoi and Lahmian territories added to Mortal Empires. Vampires and Dwarfs still aren't playable in Vortex. I kind of suspect the next DLC will add a new lord for one or both of those factions.
  • carlod95carlod95 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 15
    I'm quite sure that the next DLC will be DE vs BM, pretty much everything points to that. As for the FLC i don't know, maybe Neferata? The map extension could also "simply" mean that we will get Kislev as a preorder for Warhammer III. If you think about it it makes perfect sense because Kislev is largely playable on the original ME map
  • endurendur Registered Users Posts: 3,922
    Ferestor said:

If we look at the new map changes i think the next DLc will be a VC vs Dawi DLC with DE as a FLC.

I'd like to see what you are suggesting, it would be great, but I think the next DLC will be Dwarfs vs. Dark Elves. FLC will be Vampire Counts.

They won't want to put two TWW1 races in a match up. So I think it will be Vampire Counts vs. Dark Elves with a Dwarf FLC. Or Dwarfs vs. Dark Elves with a VC FLC.

Since they are already thinking about Lahmia, I suspect the VC will be one of the two races. Its also possible that a Dwarf FLC may come as a white dwarf promotion (Bugman or similar).

How can Vampire Counts be a FLC when they didnt get a second DLC for units?
  • JirzikJirzik Registered Users Posts: 140
    endur said:

Ferestor said:

I'd like to see what you are suggesting, it would be great, but I think the next DLC will be Dwarfs vs. Dark Elves. FLC will be Vampire Counts.

They won't want to put two TWW1 races in a match up. So I think it will be Vampire Counts vs. Dark Elves with a Dwarf FLC. Or Dwarfs vs. Dark Elves with a VC FLC.

Since they are already thinking about Lahmia, I suspect the VC will be one of the two races. Its also possible that a Dwarf FLC may come as a white dwarf promotion (Bugman or similar).

WH1 FLC in WH2 is no-no.

It could be BM vs DE + BM FLC.
  • Artjuh90Artjuh90 Registered Users Posts: 1,257
    i think if there will be a DLC pre game 3 which i think CA has stated there won't be one i think BM vs dawi is most fair. Personally i am not a fan of the Dawi but i think they could use new units to addapt their playstyle more then VC. as for conflict it is obvious since BM hate all civalisation and they dwarves have their hold. Think beastmen could ignore vampires in their mind as long as they try to wipe out others like the realm of men or dwarves.
    Erathil said:

ArneSo said:

CA stated that this DLC was a bit of an experiment to see if DLC for DLC was viable. While the beastmen absolutely need a major update and rework more than any existing faction, it may be that there's a time gap, a period to assess the Twisted and the Twilight before a call is made on beastmen, but not before they move ahead with the next DLC.

Vampires have been getting attention recently, with Strigoi and Lahmian territories added to Mortal Empires. Vampires and Dwarfs still aren't playable in Vortex. I kind of suspect the next DLC will add a new lord for one or both of those factions.
    this is what i suspect also.

Let's say the next DLC is my VC vs Dawi. The don't need to make a massiv rework for these races and can work on the BM for the pre-order longer.
  • MaziskyMazisky Registered Users Posts: 142
    edited November 2020
    Amonkhet said:

Correction: Grace didnt say it was one more dlc, she said 'wasn't the last dlc'. Thats an important distinction. The preorder will likely be a Race.

DE have enough from supplements and lore blurbs to make one more pack.

Creative Assembly said "Next there is another one".

Im not native english, but does this imply only 1 left?
  • BonutzBonutz Registered Users Posts: 3,434
    edited November 2020
    Grace didn’t confirm that there was 1 more left. All she said was “this is not the last DLC for WH2.”

Could mean that there are 2 or 3 more for all we know.
  • DaruwindDaruwind Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,191
    Bonutz said:

Grace didn’t confirm that there was 1 more left. All she said was “this is not the last DLC for WH2.”
    Could mean that there are 2 or 3 more for all we know.

And what they could do more?
    -BM vs DE LP ala WE now ....then all Wh2 core races will have 6 LLs and I honestly don´t think we will get more here
    -Dwarfs vs Vampires....those two missed their LP, got just reworks. So why not pair them together?
    -Race pack ..TEB/DoW , Kislev both have no sense for Vortex....
    -Norsca, WoC 2.0 are limited there as well. Both those are on map very near map border where Wh3 main campaign will be..
    -Pre-order race ....same as Race packs above, so Kislev, TEB/DoW but both those option require ME exclusivity. Maybe Nagash can work or Araby except that is totally dead option...

Let´s face facts. CA loves two release windows - May and September

R2 - Sept 2013
    Attila - Feb 2016
    Wh1 - May 2016
    Wh2 - Sept 2017
    ToB - May 2018
    3K - May 2019
    Troy - August 2020

And it seems that Wh3 won´t make May2021, so at earliest next is probably September 2021. That´s enough time for one more LP around May and pre-order DLC by September..Because what else they can do? Troy team still has DLCs to mock up, so won´t have time to do another game. 3K is expecting as well 2+ DLC, one major of those so that is also year+ content. Wh3 is the nearest game and that won´t change even with covid. At max it will be early 2022...

So question is what content was supposed to happen.
    May 2021 - BM LP
    September 2021 - Preorder race + Wh3

His Royal Highness, Phoenix King Finubar!

"It has been too long since I drew a blade in anger, Tyrion. You have been my sword, and Teclis has been my shield. But now it is time I fought my own battles!"