Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Why Beastmen might not be the next DLC.

BitsToByteOnBitsToByteOn Registered Users Posts: 127
Note upfront: I'm one of those people who really hope Beastmen will get their due sooner rather than later, however...

When CA announced the upcoming WE DLC a few months back in their blog, they clearly stated they were taking a huge gamble doing a DLC featuring an already DLC race. The merits of something like it ever happening again would depend on it's success.

This implies that there has to be a measurement of success FIRST, for them to be even considering doing a similar treatment for races in a similar vein like Beastmen or Chaos.

Not long after the release of the trailer Grace_CA was really quick to state on reddit that this wouldn't be the last DLC for TWWH2. More content - so great news ofcourse - but considering the above, wouldn't it be way to soon to say Beastmen will be next?

Curious to your thoughts on this.

Comments

• EmeraldThanatosEmeraldThanatos Registered Users Posts: 1,506
    That might be so, either way, the beastmen will get reworked either in warhammer 2 or 3. If it's not beastmen next my bet is Neferata vs DE with a dwarves flc
    Ranking of all Total War games I've played:
    1. Three kingdoms
    2. Shogun 2
    3. Warhammer
    4. Medieval 2
    5. Thrones
    6. Attila
    7. Rome 2
    8. Napoleon
    9. Empire
    10. Troy

• ROMOBOYROMOBOY Registered Users Posts: 3,360
    They would get serious backlash from the majority of players. And I’m sure they know that.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

Cathay > Chaos Dwarfs = Pain
  • veresh1989veresh1989 Russia, Saint-PetersburgRegistered Users Posts: 3,487
    Very few views, 3 times less than other DLC :( We should have made dark elves, not Skaven.

• FossowayFossoway Registered Users Posts: 4,208
    I kinda agree with you. With the addition of the Lahmian Sisterhood, the likelihood of seeing Neferata in WH2 skyrocketed. My bet is that they are going to pair DE and VC next, and Beastmen will be the one after that.
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 12,025

Very few views, 3 times less than other DLC :( We should have made dark elves, not Skaven.

It's been 2nd only to Cyber Punk in the Steam global charts. DEs don't sell DLC.
  • ROMOBOYROMOBOY Registered Users Posts: 3,360

YouTube isn’t the only place people hear about new dlc. It’s probably already on the trending/most popular on Steam.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

Cathay > Chaos Dwarfs = Pain
  • Cortes31Cortes31 Registered Users Posts: 1,516
    Beastmen better be next DLC.

Everything else can wait until WH3.

I mean, I would have preferred to get pre-order next but it is how it is.
  • SIRUNKLYDUNKSIRUNKLYDUNK Registered Users Posts: 164

This video hasn't been out for less than a week....

Warden and The Paunch trailer has been out for half a year....
  • EmeraldThanatosEmeraldThanatos Registered Users Posts: 1,506

Can confirm, I still watch past trailers occasionally
    Ranking of all Total War games I've played:
    1. Three kingdoms
    2. Shogun 2
    3. Warhammer
    4. Medieval 2
    5. Thrones
    6. Attila
    7. Rome 2
    8. Napoleon
    9. Empire
    10. Troy

• 1v01v0 Registered Users Posts: 407
    edited November 2020
    I get what you are saying and yes (painfully) BM DLC might not be next or even another DLC for DLC might not be next.

But I think we will get them sooner or later - Norsca needs one , BM needs one , WoC (even if they are reworked) needs one. it will be more than unfair to give 1 of the DLC factions and bring them up to WH2 races level then leave the others to bite the dust. Thou I think we will get them in WH3, once we get the chaos gods, marks, daemons and all other spiky stuff (glory to chaos from this humble heretic).
  • mightygloinmightygloin Karaz-a-KarakRegistered Users Posts: 3,811
    It makes sense to update every chaos related stuff at WH3 for obvious reasons. BM fans are just being extremely vocal.
  • LabriaLabria Registered Users Posts: 1,481
    edited November 2020
    If Beastmen will not be part of next DLC. I can imagine CA will try to make game 1 race vs game 1 race lord pack as another test.
    After all, Dwarfs and Vampire Count are only core races without second lord pack.

Maybe Neferata vs Thorek Ironbrow with Rune Golem or Malakai Makaisson with airship + Dark Elves FLC legendary lord?
    Dwarfs need Slayer Lord pack: https://imgur.com/x74HxxU
  • Xenos7777Xenos7777 Registered Users Posts: 6,171
    Yep, I feel you have some good arguments here.
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 17,783
    CA said they want to update all WH1 races before WH3. BM are next, that’s the only acceptable scenario!

It makes sense to update every chaos related stuff at WH3 for obvious reasons. BM fans are just being extremely vocal.

No it doesn’t. WoC require the Chaos Wastes for their rework since they are not meant to be pure hordes.

BM don’t.

BM next or riot!

Ignore him, he’s a HE troll that thinks CA should only add HE content and nothing else. It’s pointless to argue with him.
  • MadDemiurgMadDemiurg Registered Users Posts: 3,599
    edited November 2020
    Has Skaven and no elves:

Has two elves and no Skaven:

Elves are bad for business.

T&T has already almost the same amount of likes as W&P and will catch up in views in time. Anyways they are carried by Greenskins and Skaven respectively :P.

Team Daemons of Chaos

Team Skaven

Team Orcs & Goblins

• DaruwindDaruwind Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,186
    Actually CA announced DLC a few months back. They could easily gather info, feedback up to now and actual sales will be the sale part of that. There were no major backlash for such announcement, quite contrary. Plus keep in mind WE or BM in future are just one part of LP.

His Royal Highness, Phoenix King Finubar!

"It has been too long since I drew a blade in anger, Tyrion. You have been my sword, and Teclis has been my shield. But now it is time I fought my own battles!"
  • SerPusSerPus Registered Users Posts: 3,686
    It's not like sales information is hard to get these days.
  • UberReptilianUberReptilian U.S.S.RRegistered Users Posts: 2,680
    ArneSo said:

Ignore him, he’s a HE troll that thinks CA should only add HE content and nothing else. It’s pointless to argue with him.
    No the point is to have fun. Arguing is fun even if it means nothing in the end. It's just like life itself.

ArneSo said:

No the point is to have fun. Arguing is fun even if it means nothing in the end. It's just like life itself.
    Fair enough 😂
  • Warlord_Lu_BuWarlord_Lu_Bu Registered Users Posts: 2,683
    Mmm... yes, I wonder what type of reaction we'd get if we saw an Araby or Cathay DLC.

1.8 billion views? or 1.4 billion

:)
    "I am the punishment of Tengri, if you had not sinned, he would not have sent me against you." - Chenghis Khan Temujin
  • GamgeeGamgee Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,093
    Fossoway said:

I kinda agree with you. With the addition of the Lahmian Sisterhood, the likelihood of seeing Neferata in WH2 skyrocketed. My bet is that they are going to pair DE and VC next, and Beastmen will be the one after that.

Nope no vampire counts they had a rework and CA made it VERY clear they vampire count fans had to wait a long time for anything substantial after next update. Dark Elves and Norsca is likely to be next as it will be hard to add Norsca into game 3 map. I mean they are costal raiders and Vikings and there is tons of north in this game for them. Also Norsca is the least in need of a big rework compared to other chaos factions all they could use is some minor new mechanics to bring them some oomph.
  • saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 9,682
    Gamgee said:

Fossoway said:

Nope no vampire counts they had a rework and CA made it VERY clear they vampire count fans had to wait a long time for anything substantial after next update. Dark Elves and Norsca is likely to be next as it will be hard to add Norsca into game 3 map. I mean they are costal raiders and Vikings and there is tons of north in this game for them. Also Norsca is the least in need of a big rework compared to other chaos factions all they could use is some minor new mechanics to bring them some oomph.
    DE already have 2 dlc.

norsca and bretonnia could use dlc
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc
  • AmonkhetAmonkhet Registered Users Posts: 3,977
    edited November 2020
    Gamgee said:

Fossoway said:

Vampire Counts last had a DLC in Warhammer 1, and it was one of the earliest. We're far passed that point.
  • MadDemiurgMadDemiurg Registered Users Posts: 3,599
    edited November 2020
    There's a slight chance it will be VC vs DE.

I feel that Neferata is close, but she might be in the preorder instead.

I would be really upset if I was a beastmen fan and didn't get the next dlc though.

Team Daemons of Chaos

Team Skaven

Team Orcs & Goblins

Gamgee said:

Fossoway said:

DE already have 2 dlc.

norsca and bretonnia could use dlc
    Brets got their LL for WH2 and 3 reworks, they have to wait for WH3.

Norsca is on a WH2 level and can also wait for WH3.

The new DLC for DLC model is WH1 DLC race vs WH2 core race. They won’t change that Formular.

BM are next in line.

• AmonkhetAmonkhet Registered Users Posts: 3,977
    edited November 2020

There's a slight chance it will be VC vs DE.

I feel that Neferata is close, but she might be in the preorder instead.

I would be really upset if I was a beastmen fan and didn't get the next dlc though.

Its possible BM is next. But Chaos Warriors and Norsca not getting dlc at this point really feels like the Chaos factions are being saved for their overhauls for game 3.

CA likes to break expectations so who knows for next one, but so far looks unlikely.
  • SerPusSerPus Registered Users Posts: 3,686
    Gamgee said:

it will be hard to add Norsca into game 3 map

It won't, since what we have as Norsca is just an amalgamation of northern chaos tribes. Who do you think will fill up the Chaos Wastes in TWW3?
  • MaziskyMazisky Registered Users Posts: 142
    In game development they usually have always long term plans.
    I bet they already have planned all the next DLCs and their content regardless