Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Potential Archmage WE

veresh1989veresh1989 Russia, Saint-PetersburgRegistered Users Posts: 950
II: Season of Revelation, 1-1740 (-624 to 1116)
III, 225 -- The eccentric Spellweaver, Ranu, uses his powers to create the Tower of the Eternal Wood. After he enters, the doors are sealed and refuse to open for any other.

IV: Season of Retribution, 1-586 (1117 to 1702)
IV, 284 -- The portals to the Tower of the Eternal Wood become unsealed. It is found to be completely empty - no trace can be found of the Spellweaver Ranu.

See what a cool guy the wood elves can have.

Comments

• EmeraldThanatosEmeraldThanatos Registered Users Posts: 740
    No scarloc, fine, just move on to another obscure character
    Ranking of all Total War games I've played:
    1. Three kingdoms
    2. Shogun 2
    3. Medieval 2
    4. Warhammer 1/2
    5. Thrones
    6. Attila
    7. Rome 2
    8. Troy

• ArneSoArneSo Registered Users Posts: 13,177
    We already have Spellweavers so what’s the point?
    Who's next, Ariel's lost sister Bariel
    1. Three kingdoms
    2. Shogun 2
    3. Medieval 2
    4. Warhammer 1/2
    5. Thrones
    6. Attila
    7. Rome 2
    8. Troy

• veresh1989veresh1989 Russia, Saint-PetersburgRegistered Users Posts: 950

Friend, so you support me in adding Scarloc to this content! Thanks!

Look CA, they don't mind, give it to us!

No I don't, I was making fun of the fact that you had given up on Scarloc and moved on to another obscure character.
    1. Three kingdoms
    2. Shogun 2
    3. Medieval 2
    4. Warhammer 1/2
    5. Thrones
    6. Attila
    7. Rome 2
    8. Troy

No I don't, I was making fun of the fact that you had given up on Scarloc and moved on to another obscure character.
    What? I didn't refuse! Just showed that there is a cool Archmage

Even worse, just give up on Scarloc, he's not coming
    1. Three kingdoms
    2. Shogun 2
    3. Medieval 2
    4. Warhammer 1/2
    5. Thrones
    6. Attila
    7. Rome 2
    8. Troy

We can get 2 more DLC
    This cool guy described the whole point @SeanJeanquoi

The Wood Elves are missing a ton of stuff from characters to units to generic lords and heroes, and if we want to talk functionality, some of it is very functional (we still don't have an actual honest to god Elf Lord yet since the sisters are basically an eagle/dragon lord).

They're still missing

LL/LH:

Araloth, Amadri Ironbark, Daith as a playable LL/LH (we'll see if he shows up this time), Naieth (pure caster lord, actually important from a functional perspective), Scarloc, Skaw the Falconer, Thalandor Doomstar, Wychwethyl the Wild and Gruarth The Beastmaster.

Generic Lords/Heroes:

Beastmasters, Shadow Dancers,

Units:

Dryad aspects (actual visual differences, animations, etc), eternal wardens, Naiads, Wildwood Wardens, Unicorns, Guardian Trees, Shapechangers, Sabretoothed cats, Wild big cats, wolves, boars and bears, Spite's/spite host, White Harts of the forest, Wind Riders, Meadow Chariots, Laith-Kourn, arrow variants, Kindred axemen, Incarnate of Beasts, etc.

The faction has a metric ton of stuff left to implement and many of these things have a legit functionality to them, not just there simply for decoration.

We can get 2 more DLC

The Wood Elves are missing a ton of stuff from characters to units to generic lords and heroes, and if we want to talk functionality, some of it is very functional (we still don't have an actual honest to god Elf Lord yet since the sisters are basically an eagle/dragon lord).

They're still missing

LL/LH:

Araloth, Amadri Ironbark, Daith as a playable LL/LH (we'll see if he shows up this time), Naieth (pure caster lord, actually important from a functional perspective), Scarloc, Skaw the Falconer, Thalandor Doomstar, Wychwethyl the Wild and Gruarth The Beastmaster.

Generic Lords/Heroes:

Units:

Dryad aspects (actual visual differences, animations, etc), eternal wardens, Naiads, Wildwood Wardens, Unicorns, Guardian Trees, Shapechangers, Sabretoothed cats, Wild big cats, wolves, boars and bears, Spite's/spite host, White Harts of the forest, Wind Riders, Meadow Chariots, Laith-Kourn, arrow variants, Kindred axemen, Incarnate of Beasts, etc.

The faction has a metric ton of stuff left to implement and many of these things have a legit functionality to them, not just there simply for decoration.
    OH NO, now he's just reposting entire threads instead of arguments
    1. Three kingdoms
    2. Shogun 2
    3. Medieval 2
    4. Warhammer 1/2
    5. Thrones
    6. Attila
    7. Rome 2
    8. Troy

We can get 2 more DLC

They're still missing

LL/LH:

Generic Lords/Heroes:

Units:

😂😂😂

We can get 2 more DLC

They're still missing

LL/LH:

Generic Lords/Heroes:

Units:

Regarding Scarloc, I have already described all its advantages. That this is a foot special forces, master Archer, master ambush, exterminating external enemies of the forest. It is unique. And then there's the wizard, the level of Teclis. Naieth has a competitor.
  • PocmanPocman Registered Users Posts: 3,646
    That's just the male model for spell singers.
  • NemoTheElf101NemoTheElf101 Registered Users Posts: 934
    Archmagi are already in the game for the High Elves, Spellweavers are the Wood Elf equivalent.
    Pocman said:

No, this is a cool Archmage of the forest elves who disappeared somewhere. But he promised to come back
  • CaesarSahlertzCaesarSahlertz Registered Users Posts: 3,273
    I sincerely doubt they are going to include a masturbation joke as a character...
  • Arthas_MenethilArthas_Menethil Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,458

Pocman said:

No, this is a cool Archmage of the forest elves who disappeared somewhere. But he promised to come back
    That model isn't that dude it's a generic model of a Male Spellweaver.

So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?

Pocman said:

I know. But that doesn't change the fact that we have a cool mystery spellcaster.

Pocman said:

I know. But that doesn't change the fact that we have a cool mystery spellcaster.
    What fact?
    ArneSo said:

Pocman said:

What fact?
    The wood elves have a Teclis-level spellcaster.

ArneSo said:

Pocman said:

What fact?
    They don't actually..

ArneSo said:

Pocman said:

What fact?
    They don’t.

The only living casters that are nearly comparable with Teclis are Morathi, Mazdamundi and Gelt.
    ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

Pocman said:

What fact?
    They don’t.

The only living casters that are nearly comparable with Teclis are Morathi, Mazdamundi and Gelt.
    Gelt - lol, This is a man with one wind of magic.

Ranu I guess I went to another level. Teclis himself said that he could spend an eternity exploring the secrets of Athel Loren
  • NemoTheElf101NemoTheElf101 Registered Users Posts: 934

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

Pocman said:

What fact?
    They don’t.

Ranu I guess I went to another level. Teclis himself said that he could spend an eternity exploring the secrets of Athel Loren
    He doesn't need to since he established the entirety of magical study and knowledge in the Empire while correspondence on and off with the Slann. The best you get with the Wood Elves are a Naieth, who is a seerer than a master of magic, and Ariel whose just Alarielle with butterfly wings and a needlessly grungy backstory.

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

Pocman said:

What fact?
    They don’t.

Sorry but I don’t understand what you are trying to say
    Teclis is the most powerful living caster, baring only the Slann themselves.
  • AmonkhetAmonkhet Registered Users Posts: 3,115

This smells like an alt account.
  • Quasar2299Quasar2299 Registered Users Posts: 95

I know you're joking, but Ariel actually did have a sister and she was the wife of Malekith. I can't recall if this was retconned out or not though.
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,228

I know you're joking, but Ariel actually did have a sister and she was the wife of Malekith. I can't recall if this was retconned out or not though.
    It wasn't retconned and we will get a faction named after Allisara in the upcoming update.
    Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-