Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Mod - Custom Map - Assault on the Greek camp

RafSwi7RafSwi7 Senior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 1,714
Ok, this one will take a lot more time than the first one. The basic layout of the map is ready but there are already some frustating problems:
  • There are no tents in Troy, which proves to be problematic when you want to create military camp on the map. At the moment I have "created" some tents from... sunshades. I have to look if somehow I can import tents from RomeII or Attila.
  • These walls/gates are not destructible and units pass through them. I can use no-go zones for walls but I might have resign from using gates.

Completed ROMEII, ATTILA, THRONES OF BRITANNIA, WARHAMMER, THREE KINGDOMS and TROY campaigns:
ROMEII
GC: Ardiaei, Arevaci, Athens, Baktria, Carthage, Cimmeria, Egypt, Epirus, Iceni, Kush, Lusitani, Macedon, Masaesyli, Massagetae, Massalia, Nabatea, Nervii, Odrysian Kingdom, Parthia, Pergamon, Rome, Royal Scythia, Saba, Seleucid, Sparta, Suebi, Syracuse.
CiG: Arverni, Rome, Suebi.
HatG: Arevaci, Carthage, Rome, Syracuse.
IA: Antony's Rome, Dacia, Egypt, Marcomanni, Octavian's Rome, Parthia, Pompey's Rome.
WoS: Athenai, Boiotian League, Korinthos, Sparta.
ED: Armenia, Caledonii, Gallic Rome, Marcomanni, Palmyra, Rome, Saxoni, The Sassanids.
RotR: Rome, Samnites, Senones, Syracuse, Taras, Tarchuna.
ATTILA
GC: Alans, Anteans, Eastern Roman Empire, Franks, Geats, Himyar, Jutes, Ostrogoths, Saxons, Venedians.
TLR: Roman Expedition, Visigothic Kingdom.
AoC: Kingdom of Asturias, Kingdom of Charlemagne, Kingdom of the Danes, Kingdom of Mercia.
THRONES OF BRITANNIA
Dublin, Gwined, Northumbria, Mercia, Sudreyar, West Seaxe.
WARHAMMER 1 & 2
W1: Belegar Ironhammer, Durthu, Karl Franz, Louen Leoncoeur, The Fay Enchantress.
W2 - ME: Alith Anar, Count Noctilus, Ikit Claw, Imrik, Kroq-Gar, Louen Leoncoeur, The Fay Enchantress, Vlad von Carstein, Wulfrik the Wanderer, Wurrzag da Great Green Prophet.
W2 - V: Eltharion, Lokhir Fellheart, Markus Wulfhart, Repanse de Lyonesse, Settra the Imperishable.
THREE KINGDOMS
MOH: Liu Chong, Liu Hong, Lu Zhi, Zhang Bao.
ROTW: Dong Zhuo, Gongsun Zan, He Yi, Liu Bei, Ma Teng, Sun Jian, Yuan Shao.
AWB: Cao Cao, King Mulu, Liu Biao, Lü Bu, Meng Huo, Sun Ce, Yan Baihu.
EP: Sima Ai, Sima Yong, Sima Yue.
TROY
Achilles, Aeneas, Agamemnon, Hector, Hippolyta, Menelaus, Odysseus, Paris, Penthesilea, Sarpedon.

Comments

• TroyTomusTroyTomus Registered Users Posts: 18
    I notice there werent any tents, creative idea to get around it! Good stuff!

I've got those stone walls in one of my maps too, it's shame there are indestructible.

If you wanted something units can destroy, you could use the wooden/ wicker fences. There are about 3 or 4 different types. Similar hieght to the stone wall and units do destroy them when they pass through.
  • RafSwi7RafSwi7 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,714
    Did some small test. Happy with how attackers deploy, with defenders not so much. Need to make camp entrances bigger, right now they are nightmare for pathfinding AI.

Completed ROMEII, ATTILA, THRONES OF BRITANNIA, WARHAMMER, THREE KINGDOMS and TROY campaigns:
    ROMEII
    GC: Ardiaei, Arevaci, Athens, Baktria, Carthage, Cimmeria, Egypt, Epirus, Iceni, Kush, Lusitani, Macedon, Masaesyli, Massagetae, Massalia, Nabatea, Nervii, Odrysian Kingdom, Parthia, Pergamon, Rome, Royal Scythia, Saba, Seleucid, Sparta, Suebi, Syracuse.
    IA: Antony's Rome, Dacia, Egypt, Marcomanni, Octavian's Rome, Parthia, Pompey's Rome.
    ED: Armenia, Caledonii, Gallic Rome, Marcomanni, Palmyra, Rome, Saxoni, The Sassanids.
    ATTILA
    GC: Alans, Anteans, Eastern Roman Empire, Franks, Geats, Himyar, Jutes, Ostrogoths, Saxons, Venedians.
    AoC: Kingdom of Asturias, Kingdom of Charlemagne, Kingdom of the Danes, Kingdom of Mercia.
    THRONES OF BRITANNIA
    WARHAMMER 1 & 2
    W1: Belegar Ironhammer, Durthu, Karl Franz, Louen Leoncoeur, The Fay Enchantress.
    W2 - ME: Alith Anar, Count Noctilus, Ikit Claw, Imrik, Kroq-Gar, Louen Leoncoeur, The Fay Enchantress, Vlad von Carstein, Wulfrik the Wanderer, Wurrzag da Great Green Prophet.
    W2 - V: Eltharion, Lokhir Fellheart, Markus Wulfhart, Repanse de Lyonesse, Settra the Imperishable.
    THREE KINGDOMS
    TROY
    Achilles, Aeneas, Agamemnon, Hector, Hippolyta, Menelaus, Odysseus, Paris, Penthesilea, Sarpedon.
    It looks great. I can't wait to give it a go!
    I need an advice. For some reason AI really want to deploy in one spot and I have no idea why it is happening.

ROMEII
    ATTILA
    THRONES OF BRITANNIA
    WARHAMMER 1 & 2
    THREE KINGDOMS
    TROY
    Hmm, I've not seen that before. All I can offer is questions to try trouble shoot:

1 Is it only on 4v4?
    2 is there enough space to deploy?
    3 are there any Ai helps on that spot?
    4 I'm not sure if this makes any difference but did you set it 'max players 1' & 'max players 2' to '4' on the map properties and when exporting?

edited 7:01PM
    TroyTomus said:

Hmm, I've not seen that before. All I can offer is questions to try trouble shoot:

1 Is it only on 4v4?
    2 is there enough space to deploy?
    3 are there any Ai helps on that spot?
    4 I'm not sure if this makes any difference but did you set it 'max players 1' & 'max players 2' to '4' on the map properties and when exporting?

1. It can also happen in smaller battles.
    2. In theory there shoud be, but AI REALLY wants to put a lot of units in this one spot.
    3. There are none there.
    4. Yes, it is set to 4x4 max.

ROMEII
    ATTILA
    THRONES OF BRITANNIA
    WARHAMMER 1 & 2
    THREE KINGDOMS
    TROY