Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Which trailer narration you liked better?

ArielAriel Registered Users Posts: 2,186
Both incarnates of Isha gave speech in trailers, which one you liked better? And which trailer you liked better?

Ariel

Vs

Alarielle

Also for all lore nerds like me, who do you think is a better character?

The final rose has faded,
The eaves will sing no more;
The waxen ground will keep you bound,
Death-pale until the thaw.
Then she placed the rest of Orion's ashes into the bowl and turned to face the Oak of Ages.
I used to go by many names here. Crazycrix, Dubinekdubajs, Yrellian and finally Ariel, one of my favourite characters in the setting. Still waiting for Finubar and Naieth!

Comments

• RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 11,652
    Ariel. The neon, the voice, the music. CAs response to Cyberpunk 2077.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
  • sykallsykall Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,852
    RikRiorik said:

I disliked this trailer for almost the same reasons. So as far as pure narration I am with Alarielle, but I favor Ariel as a character more
    Filling the white spots - 7 made-up factions to enrich the empty parts of the WFB setting
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/288418/filling-the-white-spots-7-made-up-factions-to-fill-out-the-wfb-setting
  • ArielAriel Registered Users Posts: 2,186
    RikRiorik said:

It’s true that Ariel’s trailer had this “mysterious” tone. I think, I liked that one better, but that might be caused by me liking Ariel more in the lore than Alarielle.

Then she placed the rest of Orion's ashes into the bowl and turned to face the Oak of Ages.
    I used to go by many names here. Crazycrix, Dubinekdubajs, Yrellian and finally Ariel, one of my favourite characters in the setting. Still waiting for Finubar and Naieth!
  • lucibuislucibuis Registered Users Posts: 7,099
    Ariel, it’s Galadriel level iconic. She sounds crazy, like she actually enjoys the fight, my queen is coo coo
    Ariel only, no fads allowed.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

I will go with Alarielle.
    I found Ariels lines a bit cheesy.

What do you mean by cheesy? 🙂

• lucibuislucibuis Registered Users Posts: 7,099
    Also the model of Ariel looks so much better, she is very realistic and the dress as well, while Alarielle looks like a mannequin? Look at her shoulder, and the dress looks painted over. I think they spent lots of time on Ariel
    Ariel only, no fads allowed.

• veresh1989veresh1989 Russia, Saint-PetersburgRegistered Users Posts: 4,451
    If Ariel had her usual appearance and then had a transformation, then I would have chosen her.
  • ValkaarValkaar Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,960
    edited November 2020
    Ariel’s narration was better between those two.... but both were kinda bland/derivative tbh. Ariel was an inferior, Kmart version of Galadriel’s ‘love me and despair’ scene. Alarielle’s was pretty generic with no specifically stand out lines. At least Ariel had a standout line, so if I had to pick, I’d say Ariel.

But Makekith’s “No.” and Mannfred’s trailer monologue were far more memorable aspects of their trailers for example.

As for which character is best lorewise?? I’d again say they’re both similarly mediocre/mishandled. Alarielle doesn’t do much for example.... she’s a behind the scenes figure for Tyrion more than anything. She’s so inactive there was originally lore purist backlash at making her playable in the first place.

I personally enjoy playing her, she’s my favorite of the Ulthuan starting positions, but any story you create on your own with her will be better than her lore.

Ariel is more active/prominent. But she’s kinda written as incompetent. Basically making a ton of mistakes, accidentally jeopardizing the forest, and locking herself in a tree for penance..., to the degree that there was also once again backlash from lore purists at the idea of making her playable, as in the present time, she should technically still be in her tree.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m tremendously hyped to play her, I feel the wood elves were lacking a high tier caster, so she fills a previous gap in the roster quite nicely.

In terms of character ARCHETYPE, I like the idea of a demigod guardian of the forest way more interesting than a passive queen who works through princes primarily. So if I had to pick, I’d again pick Ariel. But neither character is really handled all that well in the lore.

BOTH are/will be extremely fun to play imo, Alarielle is an absolute BEAST with her full kit, and I imagine Ariel will be too with all the DLC power creep ;) but I wouldn’t strongly roleplay either of them. They make better ‘choose your own adventure’ characters.
    lucibuis said:

Also the model of Ariel looks so much better, she is very realistic and the dress as well, while Alarielle looks like a mannequin? Look at her shoulder, and the dress looks painted over. I think they spent lots of time on Ariel

Don’t know about that, but she certainly won the sleeve contest. Alarielle’s sleeves were reduced to nothing 😂

It's just personal taste but the line "Come my children and deliver natures glory!" didn't really work for me. I found it somehow corny/cheesy the way she said it.
    That was nature’s glory? I thought that she says: “Isha’s fury”, but I might be wrong.

• ValkaarValkaar Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,960

It's just personal taste but the line "Come my children and deliver natures glory!" didn't really work for me. I found it somehow corny/cheesy the way she said it.
    That was nature’s glory? I thought that she says: “Isha’s fury”, but I might be wrong.
    It was ‘nature’s fury’. But it doesn’t strongly change the meaning either way.
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 32,648
    Alarielle
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
  • ArsenicArsenic Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    Ariel.

Alarielle didn't sound ethereal and otherworldly, she sounded like one of those women who work in New Age stores and try and sell you healing crystals and incense with names like "Dragon's Breath"( which logically would smell of burned flesh and kerosense), whilst wearing a ludicrous amount of bangles.

Plus Ariel had epic synth music, whilst Alarielle had a chorus of Amazonian types "Wooah-ho-hooooah"-ing in the background.
    For in spite of all temptations. To belong to other nations. He remains an Englishman.
  • WyvaxWyvax Registered Users Posts: 5,693
    Both are pretty cool, but neither can compare to the inspiration. B)
    Tomes read: The Great Betrayal, Master of Dragons, Curse of the Phoenix Crown, Trollslayer, Skavenslayer, Daemonslayer, Dragonslayer, Beastslayer, Vampireslayer, Malekith, The Bloody Handed, Shadow King
    Me when I see a LL character implemented as a LH.

Warhammer Deserves Naval Battles