Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Wood Elf debacle : will tomorrow be the final nail in the coffin ?

EarlybirdEarlybird Registered Users Posts: 771
edited November 2020 in Rants and Raves
What we have so far

Botched Daith Forge Mechanic
Minimal Number of new units
The Vortex and ME campaign map updates seem OK

Tomorrow we should have the release of Drycha's content.

We were promised
New Units
Units Variants
Hero & Spell Lores

Emphasis on the plural :)
Post edited by dge1 on

Comments

• WaaaghCheifWaaaghCheif Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,785
    Final nail in the coffin is a bit dramatic, no?
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 14,641
    What debacle? I don’t see any debacle.

This is a fantastic LP and I can’t wait to play the 5 new unique characters and all the new units.

CA literally just did what people asked for, this LP is for the fans.
  • xXF1aKOXxxXF1aKOXx Registered Users Posts: 919
    Am not suspecting like a big brand new units just some remodels and new variants
    Maybe a new hero type but that’s all.
    I’m already satisfied with wood elves rn
  • ShiroAmakusa75ShiroAmakusa75 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 28,307
    Yeah, the mods merged all these threads but you feel the need to open up another one regardless. One which contains no new insight of any kind.

• SelakahSelakah Registered Users Posts: 704
    edited November 2020
    Earlybird said:

What we have so far

We were promised
    New Units
    Units Variants
    Hero & Spell Lores

Going by your list, the Hero has been fulfilled with the addition of the Glade Captain. The Spell Lores is debatable: the Spellweaver brings with her Lore of High Magic and Lore of Dark Magic. Right there you've got your spell lores (plural). However, that's only if you buy the DLC. I had expected CA to add new spell lores to the base Realm of the Wood Elves DLC.

So far, we have seen 0 new units (not counting DLC), and 1 unit variant.
  • GuTaiYPGuTaiYP Registered Users Posts: 375
    edited November 2020
    ArneSo said:

This is a fantastic LP..

Come on Arne, wouldn't you expect something more after waiting an endless 8 month of time?
    Some people are not known for questioning the things they've paid for. Is it a virtue one must have in Modern Times?
  • Cortes31Cortes31 Registered Users Posts: 1,400

Final nail in the coffin is a bit dramatic, no?

Depends on how many nails you need for you coffin.

Personally I prefer a few more, so, its all good.
    "In brightest day, in blackest night,
    No faction shall escape my sight.
    Let those who think deniers are right
    Beware my power--Faction Lantern's light!"

Everythime a faction/race is excluded from the trilogy, these games become smaller. RIP Araby and others.
  • endurendur Registered Users Posts: 3,891
    Everything looks good to me.
    GuTaiYP said:

ArneSo said:

This is a fantastic LP..

Come on Arne, wouldn't you expect something more after waiting an endless 8 month of time?
    Yeah, them fixing the knockdown bug which screwed up balancing for four years and require a lot of rebalancing.

O wait, they did exactly that!

• TheChocolateJesusTheChocolateJesus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,428
    edited November 2020
    Stop being such a drama queen. You can also stop spamming the forum now, we got the idea you represent.
    It's gotta be a Chocolate Jesus to keep me satisfied.
  • thebiglezthebiglez Registered Users Posts: 660
  • AnglocanerAnglocaner Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 48
    edited November 2020
    Earlybird said:

What we have so far

We were promised
    New Units
    Units Variants
    Hero & Spell Lores

Regarding spell lores I am afraid of this answer from the announcement stream, Looks like it is High and Dark that is the new lore of magic for WE:

https://youtu.be/uCjyg8mbImE?t=3031
    Veni, vidi, vici
  • General_HijaltiGeneral_Hijalti Registered Users Posts: 2,147
    Selakah said:

Earlybird said:

What we have so far

We were promised
    New Units
    Units Variants
    Hero & Spell Lores

Going by your list, the Hero has been fulfilled with the addition of the Glade Captain. The Spell Lores is debatable: the Spellweaver brings with her Lore of High Magic and Lore of Dark Magic. Right there you've got your spell lores (plural). However, that's only if you buy the DLC. I had expected CA to add new spell lores to the base Realm of the Wood Elves DLC.

Glade captain doesn't require original dlc doesn't count.
    Spell weaver is part of the twisted and twilight dlc so doesn't count.
    The unit variant also doesn't require the original dlc so doesn't count.
  • IamNotArobotIamNotArobot Registered Users Posts: 2,494
    Final nail in the coffin? Fake news
    Justice and CONFEDERATION for the Tomb Kings and Vampire Coast!

Exclusive DLCs for Tomb Kings, Vampire Coast, BM, CW and WE! #DLCsAreRacesToo

Remaster all WH1 and WH2 faction icons for WH3!

• CanuoveaCanuovea Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 14,673
    We already know about the Glade Riders, that's one new FLC unit. It is probably the only one for the entire Wood Elf faction. But who knows what will come with Drycha?

Unit Variants? We've got those. We've seen on streams that for the Forest Spirit led factions, they get three variants of Dryads, Tree Kin, and Tree Men in addition to the baseline. Minor bits, but something. Maybe we'll see more with Drycha, but maybe not.

Hero? Well there is the Glade Captain. We got that as FLC already. Probably getting Coeddil.

Spell Lores? Well, as you said, plural, which seems to suggest access to lores that they didn't have (you couldn't expect them to create a full two more lores, eh?). So it depends on what spell lores Spellweavers get access to. We know that the game lore gives them Dark and High magic, so maybe we will get that? Has that been confirmed?

As for the mechanics, I don't think the Daith Forge Mechanic is botched.

I think the number of units is... par for the course for DLC? Shadow Warriors and Sisters of Avalorn. Last DLC they got Lion Chariots... and the Lions that went with them, easy, Silvernin Guard (who needed a rework of their helmets and armour), and Arcane Phoenixes. That's four, but only sorta. Dark Elves got Medusa, Bloodwrack Shrine, and those Chariots. Three. Etc. What else? Archers, Huntsmen, War Wagon (with variants). Essentially 3. They could have always packaged the Glade Riders into the DLC if they wanted to be petty about it, I suppose?
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -The "Spam" flag is not a "disagree" flag. Have a care.
    -...No, no the "Abuse" flag isn't a "disagree" flag either!
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • SirspoonSirspoon Registered Users Posts: 45
    It's a computer game, the DLC is not very expensive, noone is forcing you to buy it at gunpoint. I have no idea how people can expect to feel so entitled to something/appear so outraged if it's not exactly what they expected. All before it's even been released.
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,850
    I expect a few more disappointments.

ArneSo said:

This is a fantastic LP and I can’t wait to play the 5 new unique characters and all the new units.

CA literally just did what people asked for, this LP is for the fans.

It is not fantastic at all. Not only the local forumites are complaining about it. There are posts with hundreds of likes on reddit right now, three big threads about the Sisters mechanics being poor.

I only visit reddit around the LPs releases, but from what I see, it most definitely is not a small issue.
    animacja-sygn-3.gif

• ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 14,641
    GuTaiYP said:

ArneSo said:

This is a fantastic LP..

We got 4 LL level character with the LP excluding Drycha and Coeddil.

That’s beyond my expectations.
  • jamesbluewavejamesbluewave Registered Users Posts: 488
    I really don’t understand how these threads form. For me, the dlc sucks, so I’m not gonna buy it. Features the 2 most boring races for me to play, the skaven which has literally 1 army composition and WE which do nothing but press end turn and do random stuff for allies. So for me, it’s CA’s job to convince me this isn’t as boring as i think, and I haven’t been convinced so I ain’t buying. It’s really that Easy........

• General_HijaltiGeneral_Hijalti Registered Users Posts: 2,147
    Canuovea said:

We already know about the Glade Riders, that's one new FLC unit. It is probably the only one for the entire Wood Elf faction. But who knows what will come with Drycha?

Unit Variants? We've got those. We've seen on streams that for the Forest Spirit led factions, they get three variants of Dryads, Tree Kin, and Tree Men in addition to the baseline. Minor bits, but something. Maybe we'll see more with Drycha, but maybe not.

Hero? Well there is the Glade Captain. We got that as FLC already. Probably getting Coeddil.

Spell Lores? Well, as you said, plural, which seems to suggest access to lores that they didn't have (you couldn't expect them to create a full two more lores, eh?). So it depends on what spell lores Spellweavers get access to. We know that the game lore gives them Dark and High magic, so maybe we will get that? Has that been confirmed?

As for the mechanics, I don't think the Daith Forge Mechanic is botched.

I think the number of units is... par for the course for DLC? Shadow Warriors and Sisters of Avalorn. Last DLC they got Lion Chariots... and the Lions that went with them, easy, Silvernin Guard (who needed a rework of their helmets and armour), and Arcane Phoenixes. That's four, but only sorta. Dark Elves got Medusa, Bloodwrack Shrine, and those Chariots. Three. Etc. What else? Archers, Huntsmen, War Wagon (with variants). Essentially 3. They could have always packaged the Glade Riders into the DLC if they wanted to be petty about it, I suppose?

A scrap upgrade mechanic for tree spirits is not unit variants.
    Glade riders don't require the original dlc.
  • EarlybirdEarlybird Registered Users Posts: 771
    7 months of time of professional game designers to get a dilemma to choose between 2 objects every X turn
  • ZekerathZekerath Registered Users Posts: 461
    Earlybird said:

7 months of time of professional game designers to get a dilemma to choose between 2 objects every X turn

It's not like they spent all of those 7 months just making those dilemmas.
  • PocmanPocman Registered Users Posts: 4,059
    Selakah said:

Earlybird said:

What we have so far

We were promised
    New Units
    Units Variants
    Hero & Spell Lores

The spell lore is not debatable. We were promised those as part of the rework. Plus, high and dark were what made spellweavers unique, it was obvious those would come. WE had the basic 8 lores plus high and dark. Making them one of the races in TT with more lore vsriety. Right now we only have 3 of those 8.

Heavens, death, light... Were logical additions to expect.
  • jamesbluewavejamesbluewave Registered Users Posts: 488
    Earlybird said:

Small indie company, it’s their first time, please understand :/
  • Ares354Ares354 Registered Users Posts: 3,699
    Let play, then we may talk.

That LP is far better in terms of Lords and heros option then Hunter and Beast, its superior.
  • AkhuAkhu Registered Users Posts: 107
    Zekerath said:

Earlybird said:

It's not like they spent all of those 7 months just making those dilemmas.
    they did not spent a day for a script like a dilemma.
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 9,438
    edited November 2020
    The DLC bits are fine if uninspiring to me.

The rework is generally quite splendid.

The FLC Lord, which this time is only FLC because I own the race pack, is one I am personally very happy about as she and her big tree daddy are my favourite things about the Welfs.

But the more promotional stuff to sell the race pack is currently looking a bit meh to me personally because it is lacking in giving more Forest Spirit options for the Forest Spirit LL. We already had one Forest Spirit LL who was a bit anti Elf and if you’re not going to expand on stuff with which to run Forest Spirit armies it seems a bit pointless to have chosen Drycha. If Coeddil is in as a LH that is swell even if he looks like Durthu’s friendly bearded uncle.

I’m only a bit disappointed by the Drycha side of things but luckily for me the jury is still out and things might change for the better yet.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • RheingoldRheingold Registered Users Posts: 753
    Earlybird said:

What we have so far

We were promised
    New Units
    Units Variants
    Hero & Spell Lores

Another ridiculous over the top complainer....
    seriously its enough with the hyperbole and wining
    Rheingold said:

Earlybird said:

What we have so far

We were promised
    New Units
    Units Variants
    Hero & Spell Lores

Another ridiculous over the top complainer....
    seriously its enough with the hyperbole and wining
    It's elves, they have never once been happy with any content they were getting. I think CA should cancel any elf content for the future.