Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

what would happen if the game got worst ?

shattishatti Registered Users Posts: 502
edited November 2020 in General Discussion
hi everyone,
i've been thinking what if the next patches didn't fix anything and introduced even more bugs ?
we would accept it right ?.
because we can't do anything

my relevant question,,
let's say another company not CA, did ruin a game so bad that it's not playable
is there a legal consequences that prevents them to do so, or they are free to roam and do whatever they want ?

games in general are cheap and demanding justice in a strict way for entertainment is kina silly.
but still, i think there should be something other than reputation to prevent developers to ruin there game and take a serious act to fix the bugs and communicating with the community and promise a better experience

Comments

• RewanRewan Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,437
    I'm not sure on how this is related to Three Kingdoms tbh.
  • Whiskeyjack_5691Whiskeyjack_5691 Registered Users Posts: 3,854
    shatti said:

hi everyone,
    i've been thinking what if the next patches didn't fix anything and introduced even more bugs ?

My advice?

Stop preordering/buying DLC.

All the bitching and moaning in the world over the state of the game isn't worth much if players just keep throwing money at CA for more buggy content.
  • shattishatti Registered Users Posts: 502

shatti said:

hi everyone,

My advice?

Stop preordering/buying DLC.

All the bitching and moaning in the world over the state of the game isn't worth much if players just keep throwing money at CA for more buggy content.
    Sounds very reasonable
    I bought every dlc for this game, maybe i would consider stop buying more dlcs.
    It will be hard to do because i like this game, but i will give it a shot
  • shattishatti Registered Users Posts: 502
    Rewan said:

I'm not sure on how this is related to Three Kingdoms tbh.

Well, its not a gameplay discussion
    But its related
    edited November 2020
    But its related

Realistically the one time CA actually introduced a gamebreaking bug they reverted the patch within 2 weeks (I think ?). So yeah, to be fair I'm not sure how it's related since we already know what CA would do if they released something that truly made the game unplayable.
  • Vin362Vin362 Registered Users Posts: 519
    edited November 2020
    I will admit some of the bugs prevent certain factions from being able to utilize their mechanics correctly however, the game is still playable as most core mechanics (at least for the Han culture) work so nothing as serious as crashing to desktop which happened back in March a lot when you had over 150 turns in a save.
    Supporter of Shu-Han, Waiting for a Three Kingdoms start date for TW3K
  • Warlord_Lu_BuWarlord_Lu_Bu Registered Users Posts: 2,601
    Blasphemy! be patient... the fixes will come! do not doubt CA! ONLY MARCH FORWARD!

"I am the punishment of Tengri, if you had not sinned, he would not have sent me against you." - Chenghis Khan Temujin
  • LaindeshLaindesh Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,842
    Eh, the bugs isnt that bad for me. Im mostly annoyed by the Sun Ce "can't see whats done" bit.
    But i hope they get their **** together and trim out the bad bugs.

• MKEsbjornMKEsbjorn Registered Users Posts: 477
    Buying the dlc is both good and bad.

Good:
    Because this this means that CA is still making money on this game which should mean they support the game for longer with the hope they they will have a bug free game that can be enjoyed for years after they stop supporting it.

Bad:
    Well it doesn't give them the bigger incentive to fix all the bugs and they could reduce the support operations if they don't generate money from the game.

My hope is that they are in serious bug fixing mode and can find ways to fix a lot of bugs on a more permanent basis. Am i dreaming, maybe. But the treachery bug for example has been bothering me since the beginning. I bought AWB dlc today because it was 50% off but I am hesitant to play it right now because I have heard about numerous bugs for that start date.
  • zyliugzyliug Registered Users Posts: 21
    Methinks the bar is set too low for some people. I get it's not a multiplayer game but leaving paid content in 'mostly playable' state is unacceptable in my books. CA stated themselves they make triple-A games intended to remain full price forever with expensive DLCs, so I think it's time the quality control matched the price point.

Unfortunately it seems the most effective way to make CA do something about it is to rouse the community and hurt their image. Troy had huge backlash at first and regardless of whether it was overblown or justified, consequently they were forced to make improvements and have been good with follow thru patches. Since 1.6.1 for 3K, Troy has gotten 3 patches (1.2, 1.3, and 1.4).

Also Rob Bartholomew has openly referenced steam reviews in interviews so that's another point of leverage for people who have bought the DLC. Their communication managers also seem more likely to respond when there is significant criticism in reviews, so why not go wild. There is not much to lose at this point.
    edited November 2020
    Methinks the bar is set too low for some people.

Having understanding and sympathy for the CA staff on a situation is not "setting the bar low". Do you think they are content with the state of the game ?

They don't need us to fill the forum with negativity to know some things in their game just don't work : they are fully aware this is already the case and the people at CA being human and not robots I would guess some probably already take it very hard on themselves.
    Bombing reviews and spreading negativity would just put an extra undue amount of stress on the team, in a context where frankly nobody ain't got time and energy to deal with that.

But do what you want.
  • caocaothedecievercaocaothedeciever Registered Users Posts: 159
    Overall I'm okay with CA, except for their abysmal lack of community outreach. That's what i find more damaging than anything, is being left with a feeling of uncertainty.
  • LESAMALESAMA Member Registered Users Posts: 1,822

Overall I'm okay with CA, except for their abysmal lack of community outreach. That's what i find more damaging than anything, is being left with a feeling of uncertainty.

Fully agree. The lack of communication is disrespectful towards their customer base. One of the reasons i stopped buying any warhammer dlc which i used to do just to support ca. The love needs to come from two sides.
  • ShevaTsarShevaTsar Registered Users Posts: 392
    edited November 2020
    LESAMA said:

The love needs to come from two sides.
    Precisely.
    How are you supposed to take that Troy gets a very clear roadmap, regular updates and a pretty ok communication around it when you don't even pay for the content but us who buy bugged content and literally no one cares to even give us a sign of life?
    The Warhammer forums i hang on regurlarly see CA_Duck interact with the playerbase and even recently they've fixed a major issue of the game thanks to that cooperation between players and staff. Key point : i said interact, his interventions aren't neccessarily mind blowing but they are all too sufficient.

We probably care too much about the game, too much for our own sake and apparently it isn't seen in a good light or valuable way. Ignorance is the worst offender, there are a heck ton of broken games out there and no one in the playerbase even bother about it, they just move on.

• Bright_EyesBright_Eyes Registered Users Posts: 568
    The roadmap for the DLC has been good. The problem has been the lack of communication regarding patches and the broken state of the game over the last year.
  • ShevaTsarShevaTsar Registered Users Posts: 392
    edited November 2020

The roadmap for the DLC has been good. The problem has been the lack of communication regarding patches and the broken state of the game over the last year.

I know that you want your Lu Bu fixed (i want it too), but maybe don't twist everything to fit your narrative?

When did we ever get anything coming close to this with this game?

Aside from some vague and elusive talk you have to seek here and there on some obscure parts of the web there isn't much we've gotten. Maybe with a transparent road map we wouldn't have had the 8 Princes fiasco.
    They must have an internal road map (or, deep down my dark side tells me that they may not) but from our external point of view it is just chaos.
    Ironically Saga games who were labeled as experiment feel more like controled stuff and Three Kingdom the true experiment.

But since the road map has apparently been good, care to tell we when the next update is due and what it is about or what they are working on currently?
    (It is not a free rant from my part, for me it is something really important, which avoid hectic situations like the one we're into).

• Vin362Vin362 Registered Users Posts: 519
    edited November 2020
    I remember CA did a blog post or an AMA on Reddit for what kind of content people wanted and 3 things were in high demand at the time the Yellow Turbans lead by their from its founders this became the Mandate of Heaven, the conflict between Cao Cao and Lu Bu which became A World Betrayed and lastly, the Nanman while we didn't get Zhuge Liang's Southern Campaign we did get a map expansion and the Southern tribes as factions with the Furious Wild.

At the moment it seems the content that was announced has been released, the problem is the silence when it comes to patches.
    Supporter of Shu-Han, Waiting for a Three Kingdoms start date for TW3K
  • zyliugzyliug Registered Users Posts: 21
    It looks like all it takes for our complaints to be addressed is to occupy the #1 post on the total war subreddit for multiple days. Grace even explicitly admitted that was the impetus to make the improvements.

Looks like complaining loud as can you can works darn well for the warhammer fans. The squeaky wheel gets the grease folks!