Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

The name Packmaster for the Hero

YrellianYrellian Registered Users Posts: 1,898
I asked this question a few times on the stream and got myself an answer. They chose the name Packmaster, because Master Moulder sounded too much like a lord type. Sean also added that they decided to add more hero options, because of the feedback, that heroes are much more versatile than lords. That is the reason, why there is no Master Mutatior.

His Royal Highness, Phoenix King Finubar!

"It has been too long since I drew a blade in anger, Tyrion. You have been my sword, and Teclis has been my shield. But now it is time I fought my own battles!"

I used to be crazycrix, then Epic happened and I became Dubinekdubajs, which I had to change again😀
Tagged:

Comments

• ReyDReyD Registered Users Posts: 288
    In a sense it's understandable.

I think that overadding Generic Lords is not a good idea cause at the end of the day you pick few of them compare to heroes.

BUT for the sake of theme, I would have loved armies led only by Moulder Leaders.
  • angry_rat_loverangry_rat_lover Registered Users Posts: 1,406
    Why not add both then?

They added a kroxigor as a lord, why not a moulder lord as it is on both lore and tabletop?
  • NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 12,407
    Moulder and Pestilens are the only clans missing their generic lords, I would really like to get both as I build themed armies a lot.
    #JusticeForTzeentch
    #JusticeForMonogods

• DjauDjau Registered Users Posts: 7,851
    edited November 2020
    It means in future they can add Master Moulders since Skaven got new heroes this time. Can't really make themed armies at the moment except as Throt.
    Albion would make the perfect Total War Warhammer 3 pre-order; with Hengus the Druid and Bran MacKerog as Legendary Lords.

We're paying full price for a Chaos Warrior of Tzeentch without any actual Tzeentch markings or changes to the model? Change this now CA, #JusticeForTzeentch #TLM
  • YrellianYrellian Registered Users Posts: 1,898

Why not add both then?

They added a kroxigor as a lord, why not a moulder lord as it is on both lore and tabletop?

Don't know, I guess that budget limitation was the main reason.

His Royal Highness, Phoenix King Finubar!

"It has been too long since I drew a blade in anger, Tyrion. You have been my sword, and Teclis has been my shield. But now it is time I fought my own battles!"

I used to be crazycrix, then Epic happened and I became Dubinekdubajs, which I had to change again😀
  • Sir_GodspeedSir_Godspeed Registered Users Posts: 3,377
    They shouldn't have blown their load with generic lord types beforehand.
  • MiniaArMiniaAr Registered Users Posts: 1,282
    Well the solution would be to create a separate category for skavens: Clan lords (Plaguelords, Master Assassin, Master Engineer, Master Mutator) distinct from Grey Seers, Warlords and hopefully Verminlords (recruitable via Rites, like Slaans).

Then each clan would be able to recruit unlimited its own generic lord (as Moulder, all your lords could be Master Mutator) but put a cap (increasable via buildings/tech/etc) on the other clan lords.

Also if CA could make sure that the AI recruits the lore appropriate clan Lord for each skaven AI faction (like they did for Bloodlines for VC), this would be great. Please, I need less Master Assassin in Skyre factions (main Skyre and Thrall clans).
  • RomeoRejectRomeoReject Registered Users Posts: 1,865
    I do hope some day we do get better division of the Clans. It would be so awesome to have specifically-themed armies.

In the interim, I have no doubt that a modder will make a Master Moulder based upon the Packmaster model & animations.
  • DaGangsterDaGangster Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,662
    ReyD said:

In a sense it's understandable.

I think that overadding Generic Lords is not a good idea cause at the end of the day you pick few of them compare to heroes.

BUT for the sake of theme, I would have loved armies led only by Moulder Leaders.

Exactly these "themes" are most of the factions character, when all the ai just recruit from the same pool they all seem very similar. All you have to do is have the ai factions put a much higher priority to recruit/build their own clans' buildings units, heroes, and lords. All of a sudden a lot of the ai factions would be more unique from each other. I don't ever wanna see another tier 5 hell pit that builds its unique building to buff monsters but it doesn't even have the monster recruitment building.

TLDR: I'm all for additional lords and heroes. They make thematic armies possible and somewhat encouraged, with unique buffs and such.

Team Vampire Counts

"Many players cannot help approaching a game as an optimization puzzle. What gives the most reward for the least risk? What strategy provides the highest chance – or even a guaranteed chance – of success? Given the opportunity, players will optimize the fun out of a game."

- Soren Johnson