Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Warhammer 3

davedave1124davedave1124 Senior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 16,926
Just heard Milk and Cookies claim that WH3 will definitely be released in 2021 due to an announcement. What announcement is this? Does anyone know?

Comments

• ERICdbsERICdbs CataloniaRegistered Users Posts: 633
    I heard that too. I think he is confusing the fact that the announcement hints that it will come in 2021 with an actual confirmation.
  • angry_rat_loverangry_rat_lover Registered Users Posts: 1,407
    There was no announcement, I was watching too

rip Milkandcookies, gonna get killed by the CA ninjas, he slipped up the release date by accident.
    Soon
  • Theo91Theo91 Registered Users Posts: 2,364
    wait... whaaaa? WH3 confirmed?
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 16,926
    I don't understand how he equates those links to WH3 being positively announced and released next year. Am I missing something here?
  • Sfigatto16Sfigatto16 Registered Users Posts: 231
    CA said that next big release would be Warhammer 3 and they realease 1 game at year....
    Not confirmed but probable...
  • GBoneGBone Registered Users Posts: 957

I don't understand how he equates those links to WH3 being positively announced and released next year. Am I missing something here?

Think it's because CA do one major release a year. Next major release is WH3. Therefore it's WH3 next year.
  • AnonimatoAnonimato Registered Users Posts: 218
    edited November 2020

There was no announcement, I was watching too

rip Milkandcookies, gonna get killed by the CA ninjas, he slipped up the release date by accident.

Naw, that just assumed it would be released thanks to the statement made by CA for the mobile game.That's it.

Here the statement

“While the third part of the Total War: WARHAMMER trilogy continues to be our next major release at CA, it’s fantastic to be able to work with expert partners to add a further experience for new platforms and players,”
    GBone said:

Think it's because CA do one major release a year. Next major release is WH3. Therefore it's WH3 next year.
    I don't think that's certain evidence. They did that for the last few but they didn't used to do it that way and it's debatable to say ToB or Troy are major releases.
  • ERICdbsERICdbs CataloniaRegistered Users Posts: 633
    As i said, he just probably takes for granted the implications of the announcement hint.
  • GBoneGBone Registered Users Posts: 957

GBone said:

I don't think that's certain evidence. They did that for the last few but they didn't used to do it that way and it's debatable to say ToB or Troy are major releases.
    No, it's not certain, but I think it's the logic people are using. There's not been proper CA confirmation.
  • HowTheStarsBurnHowTheStarsBurn Registered Users Posts: 597
    It's just a good guess, it's not a real confirmation, and even if it was, delays can happen.
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 15,480
    As I said before, this "forum confirms" next year as TWW3.

That means it isn't actually confirmed, but it does have some logic to it.

Which might be giving the forum more credit than it deserves.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -New Rules: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/287645/new-forum-rules#latest
    -Rules FAQ: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/287650/total-war-forum-faq#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
    He actually said it was announced and we have confirmation it's being released next year.

I think he's been spending too much time in this forum and using the forum's version of 'confirmed'.
  • roykuhhroykuhh Registered Users Posts: 96
    @davedave1124 CA confirmed with the mobile game that the next major title release will be WH3. Big studio's like CA need to have frequent release of content and big Titles to keep the company profitabel. In 2019 it was Three kingoms, this year Troy. So for next year they should realease a new title. With that post you know it will be wh3 in 2021.

I guess we will get april/may the last confirmed LP and in September/october wh3. Let's pray they will make an pre order bonus aswell.
    roykuhh said:

@davedave1124 CA confirmed with the mobile game that the next major title release will be WH3. Big studio's like CA need to have frequent release of content and big Titles to keep the company profitabel. In 2019 it was Three kingoms, this year Troy. So for next year they should realease a new title. With that post you know it will be wh3 in 2021.

I guess we will get april/may the last confirmed LP and in September/october wh3. Let's pray they will make an pre order bonus aswell.

Sorry but this is guesswork. Companies don't need releases every year as this is something CA never used to do.

My point is it is not confirmed that WH3 is being released next year. There's a difference between CA announcing that as a fact and forum members over egging their knowledge on CA and the industry.
  • AnonimatoAnonimato Registered Users Posts: 218

roykuhh said:

Sorry but this is guesswork. Companies don't need releases every year as this is something CA never used to do.

My point is it is not confirmed that WH3 is being released next year. There's a difference between CA announcing that as a fact and forum members over egging their knowledge on CA and the industry.
    1+ Exactly.
  • DaruwindDaruwind Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,449
    There is no other TW title for next year and for past few year we got title each year

2013 - R2
    2015 - Attila
    2016 - Wh1
    2017 - Wh2
    2018 - ToB
    2019 - 3K
    2020 - Troy
    ---------------------
    2021 - Wh3

3K was delayed but then Wh3 is probably already too. That may be one reason for getting more LPs. CA has team for additional content and no other game that they can use it for.. :) I bet one more LP (BM) and then pre-order...so prepare for Wh3 around September.

His Royal Highness, Phoenix King Finubar!

"It has been too long since I drew a blade in anger, Tyrion. You have been my sword, and Teclis has been my shield. But now it is time I fought my own battles!"
    Daruwind said:

There is no other TW title for next year and for past few year we got title each year

2013 - R2
    2015 - Attila
    2016 - Wh1
    2017 - Wh2
    2018 - ToB
    2019 - 3K
    2020 - Troy
    ---------------------
    2021 - Wh3

3K was delayed but then Wh3 is probably already too. That may be one reason for getting more LPs. CA has team for additional content and no other game that they can use it for.. :) I bet one more LP (BM) and then pre-order...so prepare for Wh3 around September.

Again, this is guesswork based on the little we know. My point is M&C claimed it had been announced when it hadn't.
  • General_HijaltiGeneral_Hijalti Registered Users Posts: 4,350

It's CA next title, they release a game every year. They have no other game for next year.
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 26,580
    It’s clear that CA originally aimed for 2021 as a release year of WH3.

What we don’t know is the impact Covid had on the development so it might be delayed until 2022.
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
    Steam sales just started, nothing for TW Warhammer titles
  • General_HijaltiGeneral_Hijalti Registered Users Posts: 4,350

GBone said:

Still they only just released Troy, the saga team won't have a game ready for next year.

It's CA next title, they release a game every year. They have no other game for next year.
    Again:

-CA announced WH3 will be released in 2021

-I'm guessing due to passed behaviour how CA may act. Do you see the difference?
  • DaruwindDaruwind Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,449

Again, this is guesswork based on the little we know. My point is M&C claimed it had been announced when it hadn't.

That I agree. It is at best very good estimation. That´s all. :)

His Royal Highness, Phoenix King Finubar!

"It has been too long since I drew a blade in anger, Tyrion. You have been my sword, and Teclis has been my shield. But now it is time I fought my own battles!"

It's a really unimpressive sale looking at it.
  • YannirYannir Registered Users Posts: 1,683

roykuhh said:

I'd say that even if it is a guess, it is 95% certain that WH3 is coming out in 2021.
    Even if CA didn't do it before, gaming studios in general, not just CA, have realized this past decade that having annual releases is good for business. Gaming has gone from an art-turned-entertainment to a legitimate business where business practices are finding their way into the workplaces.

As someone whose company moved from free workflow without deadlines to using soft deadlines I can easily say that having structure and schedules to what you do at work feels so much better than not knowing whether you're doing too little or too much. It is then up to the management to make the expectations for your workflow realistic. Making games is software engineering which isn't all that different.

An annual release schedule supports all of this.
    Ugh, I have spoken.

I just charged the page to early and couldn’t see anything
    Now I see them ahahaha
    Yannir said:

roykuhh said:

I'd say that even if it is a guess, it is 95% certain that WH3 is coming out in 2021.
    Even if CA didn't do it before, gaming studios in general, not just CA, have realized this past decade that having annual releases is good for business. Gaming has gone from an art-turned-entertainment to a legitimate business where business practices are finding their way into the workplaces.

As someone whose company moved from free workflow without deadlines to using soft deadlines I can easily say that having structure and schedules to what you do at work feels so much better than not knowing whether you're doing too little or too much. It is then up to the management to make the expectations for your workflow realistic. Making games is software engineering which isn't all that different.

An annual release schedule supports all of this.
    95% certain? No offense but when someone pulls a percentage like that from a position of not working in CA or having any insider knowledge.

I'm sure you have a very important job but you don't know CA's internal workings or very specific knowledge of what they are doing.

Again - M&Cs equated this to CA confirming that it would be released next year - that's wrong.

I just charged the page to early and couldn’t see anything
    Now I see them ahahaha
    Oh year.. just refreshed and it looks more promising!