Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Sigvald buffed!

Goatforce#6625Goatforce#6625 Registered Users Posts: 8,470
Rejoice followers of Slaanesh, for the favoured son has recieved a buff this patch!

Perfect Vigour, Heroic Killing Blow, Slippery and +5 MA. According to Indypride he is on paper perhaps the best melee Footlord.

Looks like this patch has tons of rebalancing for LLs, cannot wait to see the patchnotes!

Comments

• ROMOBOY#7812ROMOBOY#7812 Registered Users Posts: 4,823
    I’m too busy looking at the unit cards on that thumbnail. It looks very out of place.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

Cathay > Chaos Dwarfs = Pain

• Bloodydagger#9716Bloodydagger#9716 Registered Users Posts: 4,833
    This kind of gives me some hope for Malus.

Can't wait to see what's done with LLs myself. Maybe Queek and Tretch got some love. Can't wait to see what's done with my favorite LLs like Malekith and Grimgor and Ikit. Etc.
  • Vanilla_Gorilla#8529Vanilla_Gorilla#8529 Registered Users Posts: 39,780
    Good week for him.

He also got an awesome new AoS model.
    There are only two people better than me, and I'm both of them" - Vanilla Gorilla I am The Beast, Descendant of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, The great bright delight, Conqueror of Mountains, Purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu Usurper, Pog Wog Warrior, Poggers Patroller, Alpha of the species, Apex protector, Praetor of Positivity, Drybrush Disciple, Sophisticated Savage.
  • Goatforce#6625Goatforce#6625 Registered Users Posts: 8,470

Good week for him.

Oh that model is glorious! I am definitely getting it when it comes out, though I would not dare try giving it a non metalic metal paintjob like the one shown off in the reveal, that is far beyond me unfortunately!

@Kelefane Can't wait to see the patchnotes, I have a feeling that the increased development time may have allowed them to really give some of the LLs (perhaps generic too) that have fallen behind a bit of a going over. I mean Khazrak has had a massive buff, and Vlad too, there may be several more characters that have been significantly improved, so you may get your wish!
  • Surge_2#1464Surge_2#1464 Registered Users Posts: 11,954
    Rise Chaos!
    Kneel

• John_Kimble#3765John_Kimble#3765 Registered Users Posts: 1,560
    That thumbnail tho. Indypride never disappoints.
    Can't wait to read full patch notes.
  • TimpeyoTimpeyo Registered Users Posts: 2,074
    Nice, I think this update is huge and alot off the LLs are getting tweeks and moved about.

• GuTaiYPGuTaiYP Registered Users Posts: 417
    Was this so difficult for CA to implement it years ago? No.

I do welcome these buffs, appreciated.
    But the question is, why this late? For me the only logical explanation is either CA team is unfimiliar with how their own game mechanics work or they really care not a bit about requests we ask them to improve overall gameplay.
    Some people are not known for questioning the things they've paid for. Is it a virtue one must have in Modern Times?
    GuTaiYP said:

But the question is, why this late? For me the only logical explanation is either CA team is unfimiliar with how their own game mechanics work or they really care not a bit about requests we ask them to improve overall gameplay.

Because Dev Cycles, Project Cycles, and resourcing are a thing.

Exactly why I'm against the Far East. Just an utter waste of dev time that will hurt the game.
    Kneel

GuTaiYP said:

Why so negative? Should they have not done it?
    There are only two people better than me, and I'm both of them" - Vanilla Gorilla I am The Beast, Descendant of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, The great bright delight, Conqueror of Mountains, Purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu Usurper, Pog Wog Warrior, Poggers Patroller, Alpha of the species, Apex protector, Praetor of Positivity, Drybrush Disciple, Sophisticated Savage.
  • Neodeinos#5871Neodeinos#5871 Registered Users Posts: 16,118
    Kelefane said:

This kind of gives me some hope for Malus.

Can't wait to see what's done with LLs myself. Maybe Queek and Tretch got some love. Can't wait to see what's done with my favorite LLs like Malekith and Grimgor and Ikit. Etc.

Hopefully Malus on Spite will actually be good, that's one of the few mount that is useless..
  • Mogwai_Man#4978Mogwai_Man#4978 Registered Users Posts: 6,096
    GuTaiYP said:

CA in general takes years to change the game. Took 3 years to get unit caps.
    Hopefully he gets more love when Mono DLC comes out.
    Goatforce said:

Good week for him.

Oh that model is glorious! I am definitely getting it when it comes out, though I would not dare try giving it a non metalic metal paintjob like the one shown off in the reveal, that is far beyond me unfortunately!

Just painted my first two after years, doing that is a huge nope. Hell, white is a nope for me.
  • Fraxinus#9211Fraxinus#9211 Registered Users Posts: 478
    Nice! I wonder if Archaon or Kholek got any buffs?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Itharus#3127Itharus#3127 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 16,481

Good week for him.

There is nothing awesome about AoS.

Geez man, you shill for AoS and Epic Games. For shame, Gorilla.

Is it really so good?
    It seems nice but not a game changer for his character especially in MP, but of course I could be wrong.

Watch the video, he was a beast.
    Kneel

Itharus said:

Good week for him.

That's not totally fair, there is some good models in AoS. The new Slaves to Darkness Chaos models are awesome.
    Kneel

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Itharus said:

Good week for him.

Epic Games gives me free fun games like Fortnite and Car soccer, it also irks some people. As for AoS.... I'd never collect it myself, but I can respect it. There's a lot of garbage in there but a lot of good stuff as well.
    edited November 2020
    Surge_2 said:

GuTaiYP said:

Exactly why I'm against the Far East. Just an utter waste of dev time that will hurt the game.
    Ohh for God's sake come on, does it really require 3 years to buff but a few LLs now? What cycles are you talking about ? At least for once call CA's unfathomable behaviour regarding this very issue a problem please. This is how CA do / did all the time: They first ignore, then keep collecting every single reasonal petition without giving an ear, next they do change something in our favour, but heyy, a year or two has passed already and CA so wierdly even expect us to thank them, and show so much gratitude to them.

Shall I add bad communination to the list also?

@Vanilla_Gorilla
    Some people are not known for questioning the things they've paid for. Is it a virtue one must have in Modern Times?
    edited November 2020
    GuTaiYP said:

Surge_2 said:

GuTaiYP said:

Ohh for God's sake come on, does it really require 3 years to buff but a few LLs now? What cycles are you talking about ? At least for once call CA's unfathomable behaviour regarding this very issue a problem please. This is how CA do / did all the time: They first ignore, then keep collecting every single reasonal petition without giving an ear, next they do change something in our favour, but heyy, a year or two has passed already and CA so wierdly even expect us to thank them, and show so much gratitude to them.

@Vanilla_Gorilla
    So the response to this thing they've done is heavy criticism. Logically they shouldn't have done it then, right? That'd be the way to avoid criticism wouldn't it?

I'm not saying you have to praise them, I'm simply pointing out that you're heavily criticizing them for doing something good.
    Post edited by Vanilla_Gorilla#8529 on
    GuTaiYP said:

Surge_2 said:

GuTaiYP said:

@Vanilla_Gorilla
    The game is not nearly close to the top of their priority list the last several years. I'm not saying its acceptable, I am saying WHAT IT IS.

People work on what they are told to work on. Buffing some LL's for a poorly implemented pair of factions (WoC and BM) wasnt on that list of work.

Yes it could be done.
    Yes it could be easy.

It doesnt matter one bit if Bob was told to work on something else.

Welcome to the reality of being a cog in a machine. Do what you are told, get paid, go home.
    Kneel

• capybarasiesta89#4722capybarasiesta89#4722 Senior Member Bath, UKRegistered Users Posts: 5,463
    Fraxinus said:

Archaon has AP damage and also Vlad apparently. I only saw MP game from Turin or DavhsPlay, unit card shown AP when he was mounted on Dorghar.
    h1feizw8yzk6.jpg
  • Biggles#4266Biggles#4266 Registered Users Posts: 3,089

Fraxinus said:

Archaon has AP damage and also Vlad apparently. I only saw MP game from Turin or DavhsPlay, unit card shown AP when he was mounted on Dorghar.
    Nice! I wish they'd give Vlad a two handed sword but any buff to get older lords improved is brilliant.
  • Helhound#7332Helhound#7332 Registered Users Posts: 5,374
    edited November 2020

Fraxinus said:

Archaon has had near full AP damage for quite a while now. 330 to 140 or something like that.
  • SteelRonin#4832SteelRonin#4832 Junior Member ChileRegistered Users Posts: 1,576
    I love to see new "factions" losing against the ol' Chaos
  • andrewbh2003andrewbh2003 Registered Users Posts: 180

Fraxinus said:

uhm archaon has had full AP since the vampire coast came out lol

and neither archaon or kholeak need buffs both are absolute powerhouses and archaon has not been the "Neverchosen" for a long time now

So the response to this thing they've done is heavy criticism. Logically they shouldn't have done it then, right? That'd be the way to avoid criticism wouldn't it?

I'm not saying you have to praise them, I'm simply pointing out that you're heavily criticizing them for doing something good.

Sorry but you basicly don't know how the demand and supply cycle works.
    I like the way how you always look into things from a positive perspective, yet, my gorilla friend, too much dose always harmful in the end.

My 'heavy' criticism stems from the fact that me, you, and other fellows would be much more happier if these simple click buffs had been added to the game few years ago, isn't it? They could have done it much much earlier but they did not even bother. I critisize their irresponsible behaviour, not the buffs that recently came. Am I clear enough?
  • Otters007#7127Otters007#7127 Registered Users Posts: 1,626
    Vlad is actually amazing now:

* Armour Piercing (He does 300 armour piercing now which is huge).

* Causes terror (Something he did on tabletop, which is also significant).

* Unlimited uses of Carstein ring (only does 66% ward save now, but only a 120 second cooldown).

* +7 to his charge bonus (35 now, to help him hit even harder).