Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Why are Forest Dragons considered "forest spirits" but zoats are not?

BomjusBomjus Registered Users Posts: 13
when i saw it i was confused. both forest dragons and zoats are mythical forest creatures. but a forest dragon is considered a forest spirit, mechanically, by the game. this means a forest dragon benefits from forest spirit bonuses like durthu's upkeep reduction. but zoats do not.

is this intended? if so, was it a balance decision?

Comments

• BastileanBastilean Registered Users Posts: 1,431
    edited December 2020
    I wish GW would stop throwing the title 'forest spirit' around like candy. Walking trees are 'forest spirits' everything else is bull.

Don't try to bypass the word filter.
    Post edited by dge1 on
  • vg45vg45 DenmarkRegistered Users Posts: 136
    It is not a balance question, Zoats are not anti-Dwarf AFAIK so doing magical damage would be irrelevant, they could have lost some health and/or armour to make up for getting physical resistance.

Some elves like the Wild Riders of Kurnous should be forest spirits like they were in TT, they have become part of the magic of the forest through joining the Wild Hunt of Orion. I believe Forest Dragons are so intwined with the spirit of the forest that it also makes sense for them to have it. Zoats could go either way, they were never in any army books AFAIK
    and were not forest spirits on the tabletop and CA might simply think that the thick turtle ogres are anything but ethereal.
  • BastileanBastilean Registered Users Posts: 1,431
    I am fine with them having a link to the forest, but giving everyone magical attacks was bad for game play of everything that gets impacted by magical attacks.

There are better ways to express the magical nature of the forest and its inhabitants

The game was better when magical attacks were limited to very unique units like unicorns, spells and magical items.

Wild Riders and War Dancers have magical tattoos on TT that also provide magical resistance.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file