Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Known IssueCeithin Har bug Sisters of Twilight vortex

wicket8115wicket8115 MemberRegistered Users Posts: 181
edited December 2020 in Campaign & Battle Bugs
No mods
Version 1.10

I am playing the vortex campaign for the Sisters of Twilight and the quest for Ceithin-Har bugged out. The quest line started out with a mission requiring to embed a spellsinger in my army, which I already had a spellsinger in the army when the quest was issued. The quest was immediately completed but I did not get a follow up quest. I am not including a save file since I did not notice when it happened and my current save file would probably not be helpful. I did see a post about this on reddit but no resolution on exactly what the cause is. If I recreate the bug I will upload a save file prior to the event triggering.
Post edited by CHARLOTTEB_CA on

Comments

• wicket8115wicket8115 Member Registered Users Posts: 181
    I am including the auto save file prior to when the quest was issued. I was able to get the quest to work by removing the spellsinger from the Sister's army prior to the quest being issued. Could be a coincidence but it looks like the quest does not index if the spellsinger is in the army when the first quest is issued. Please let me know if you need any other additional information.
  • msogobsmackedmsogobsmacked Member Registered Users Posts: 79
    I am also experiencing this bug
  • pyrotdubpyrotdub Registered Users Posts: 1
    also having this bug on mortal empires, real shame I'm to far in to simply reload a save to fix it.
  • DreamlandsDreamlands Registered Users Posts: 33
    I also got this bug on vortex, in the exact same quest. In my case, embedding Ariel triggered the quest completion, but the follow up quest failed to pop.
  • IchirinIchirin Registered Users Posts: 1
    edited December 2020
    Got the same bug. I THINK the issue is that I already controlled Clar Karond and that quest autofails instead of auto completes
    Post edited by Ichirin on
  • IllymsIllyms Registered Users Posts: 1
    It is really frustrating to encounter with bug in a legendary compaign, since you don't even have the chance to load back.
    Is there anything can be done to save a already bugged compaign?
    A mod might be able to fix it but it would have to be tailored to your current level. Maybe if the level for the quest was raised to above where you are currently at it could work but you would most likely have to try to make the mod. I am not sure if that could fix the problem since the quest has already been issued.
  • epic_159735248823BYf8ZEdepic_159735248823BYf8ZEd Registered Users Posts: 2
    managed to fix it?

managed to fix it?

I have not made a mod if you are asking. I was able to fix my bug through older save files. If you are interested in mods that could fix it I believe their are instant quest item mods still on steam that would solve the problem. If you search for instant quest items you should find it pretty easy. Not sure if they have been updated yet though and you would need to start using the mod prior to receiving the quest notification.
  • CHARLOTTEB_CACHARLOTTEB_CA Administrator Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff Posts: 3,500
    Hey Guys,

Thanks for the information on this! We are looking into it =)
    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the response. I appreciate it.
  • TwinklemanTwinkleman Registered Users Posts: 1
    I also expirenced this bug, but continoued the campaign anyway. If you need the savefile I can deliver
  • Ivan_HoIvan_Ho Registered Users Posts: 1
    Same here. Razed Venom Glade and besieged Clar Karond while the quest popped up. Comleted embedding a spellsinger, but no followup quest.
  • starfallmanstarfallman Registered Users Posts: 5
    Mid February here of 2021 and I just got this bug. Spell singer was already in my army, quest autocompleted, never started the next part of the quest. Will probably have to restart this campaign due to going to far thinking it would pop up at some point
    edited February 2021
    Ok, managed to find a save before it happened. Pulled the spellsinger out. Still autocompleted. Pulled all heroes out tried again. Did not autocompleted this time. Completed after I tossed the spellsinger in, but still did not start the next quest in the chain. Feeling a bit dejected, going to abandon this campaign for now. If it makes a difference, I have Ariel already

Edit in case it's a question, I do not have clar karond conquered and also have no treaties with the faction (clar karond) who owns it
  • zander_wellszander_wells Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4
    This is still a big. Has anyone got a fix? Pretty unreal that we are in Feb and this is still happening. Makes it worse if you play on Legendary like I am and can't manually save to go back and try and fix it.
    got up the gumption to try again, this time on a new mortal empires campaign. It still bugged exactly how it did before. completes the first quest to empbed the caster, but never starts the next quest in the chain. Im pretty sad about this. SoT are my fav WElf LL to play and im stuck with this bug
  • Hollex28Hollex28 Registered Users Posts: 1
    Today is 15 of may and happened to me in my campaing and playing pach 1.11.1 (rakarth)... probably this bug will become a feature of Total war Warhammer 3?
  • thenunclethenuncle Registered Users Posts: 1
    May 22 and the same bug happened to me
  • NewLifeNewLife Registered Users Posts: 1
    edited May 2021
    deleted
    Post edited by NewLife on
  • z632101094z632101094 Registered Users Posts: 3
    I meet the exact same bug today.
  • AinEstoniaAinEstonia Registered Users Posts: 1
    Same bug for me, first time playing as Sisters and haven't played WH2 in a while, kind of leaves a sour taste in the mouth when experiencing an annoying bug, guess I'll try playing again when the bug is fixed.
  • HijikataHijikata Registered Users Posts: 3
    Same.
    On 2021/8/18
  • FoxGladiumFoxGladium Registered Users Posts: 1
    I have this bug but Im also too far into the campaign to load a save. Shame, I was looking forward to play with Ceithin-Har.
  • GreySeer7GreySeer7 Registered Users Posts: 1
    Same on 31.08.

Sad that CA guys doesn't care :|
  • SacramentalSacramental Member Registered Users Posts: 44
    Bugged for me aswell today. Last response from CA december last year..
  • _Ezio__Ezio_ Registered Users Posts: 1
    Well last Patch for WH II is out since yesterday and the bug is still there... So do I get some money back for the DLC? as it still does not deliver on some points? Like yes the Sisters are Strong but the Dragon was literaly the main thing shown in all the teasers that focused on the Sisters side of things and I am now In my fifth attemt to get the dam quest to work. I played with mods, without mods, with a clean install (needed one because an SSD broke so meh).

Will keep trying maybe I will figure sth out or I will get a mod that skips those quests and just hands me the item... even though I like the Quest aspect of getting **** done
  • Bigs649Bigs649 Registered Users Posts: 2
    This Bug is still present 11-09-2021
  • SacramentalSacramental Member Registered Users Posts: 44
    edited September 2021
    So.. 40 hours of testing on legendary difficulty later.. I came up with the following as I can NOT get this to work without using a mod, consider this message a PSA for anyone that has this issue.

Just in case anyone feels, like me, that this kills any and all motivation to continue the campaign, there is "a solution" for this that concerns the usage of a mod for a very short amount of time in your campaign.

(note: this does NOT disable achievements)

1. Have the Sisters be level 11 (the quest triggers at level 12)
    2. Close the game.
    3. From the steam workshop install the mod "Instant Quest Ancillary" (no need to do this prior to them being level 11)
    4. With the mod installed, level them up to level 12, this instantly completes the quest and equips Ceithin-Har as mount (you can unmount the turn after if you wish)
    5. Save or in case of Legendary difficulty, end the turn
    6. Close the game and uninstall the mod
    7. Continue the campaign and hopefully don't feel too bad to have had to resort to a mod for this.

Hopefully CA will fix this issue so people do NOT have to resort to third party interference to get the product they paid for to function as advertised.

Edit: The trait that allows the summoning of either mount as a monster unlocks the turn after you get Ceithin-Har

Edit 2: In case the save file is red after you uninstalled the mod, tick the "Enable all saves" button from the Load Game menu.
  • zernofzernof Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey Guys,

aand the bug is still very much a thing almost a full year later

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file