Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Sisters of Twilight - Hawk Riders are too powerfull

snnnffrknlinsnnnffrknlin Registered Users Posts: 101
Just finished a vortex campaign with the sisters and I have to say the Hawk Riders are too good. Giving them all access to Arrow of Kurnous is simply too powerfull. One volley from one unit can take 1/3 of the hitpoints from infantry or cavalry. And every squad has 2 charges(Can be upgraded to three charges in the sisters army). Seriously they can deal more damage than a Skaven Nuke in the long run.

From this one unit with a 200 upkeep you can beat any armoured infantry in the game, elite cavalry and big monsters.

I am all for buffing units in the campaign to give each faction some flair, but this was waaaaayyy over the top. I hope CA could adress the sisters to give them some reasonable buffs instead of an "I win button". It gets tedious to resist pressing it. Would love to see eagles buffed instead.
Post edited by CA_Will on

Comments

• TulajMnieTulajMnie Registered Users Posts: 9
    Dont use. There, i fixed it for you.
    If you cant resist even if you despise it - well thats your problem.
    I love for OP Hawk riders are and cant see a reason to change it. Its campaign, its fun, its not like its breaking the game on high difficulty and on lower ones it doesnt matter what you build as much. Other thing is thats literally the only worth thing about Sisters faction since at this point the Forge is just boring and mostly useless, so taking away the only fun factor is crazy.
  • snnnffrknlinsnnnffrknlin Registered Users Posts: 101
    TulajMnie said:

Dont use. There, i fixed it for you.
    If you cant resist even if you despise it - well thats your problem.
    I love for OP Hawk riders are and cant see a reason to change it. Its campaign, its fun, its not like its breaking the game on high difficulty and on lower ones it doesnt matter what you build as much. Other thing is thats literally the only worth thing about Sisters faction since at this point the Forge is just boring and mostly useless, so taking away the only fun factor is crazy.

It's not just the annoyance of not pressing the button, it's also badly designed. There is no need for strategy, just mass Hawk Riders and have one unit of cavalry so you won't lose leadership. So yeah, it does break the game on higher difficulty.

It's fine if you like it, but CA can do better. The ability just seems hastily added(design-wise) in my opinion.

• TulajMnieTulajMnie Registered Users Posts: 9
    edited December 2020
    I could agree with bad design argument (maybe), BUT its not a big deal since there are better units than Hawk Riders on very hard / legendary difficulty and you can not use them if you dont like it. If you feel compelled to use them because they are op - you can play without them and do just fine or play different faction. Just because its (maybe) bad design cutting Volley of kurnos from Sisters faction would not make them any less OP (in terms of Wood elf power comparison) only less fun since its funny little thing, not breaking game mechanic - Cellular Instability stack on the other hand is extremely cheesy but cant see people complaining about that - couse its fun! just as Volley is.
  • snnnffrknlinsnnnffrknlin Registered Users Posts: 101
    I don't know why you are making light of it. Just check the damage you can get from a single Hawk Rider. Try it against different units, elite and non-elite, cav and infantry. It's so broken, that you cannot lose a 1v1 fight against any army.

Let me be frank, there are NO better units on legendary than Hawk Riders for the sisters. They are a 200-gold upkeep unit that kills everything. The power per gold is off the charts. It is so broken that you might aswell play with God mode on.

I am looking at the faction screen right now and there is nothing that grants anything as overpowered as Volley of Kurnous. I don't know why you say the sisters would still be OP even if you removed it.
  • epic_159746022429pUm4Qdqepic_159746022429pUm4Qdq Registered Users Posts: 1
    their way to op and the people saying their not just dont want them nerfed.. played a duo with a friend and nothing can beat a full stack of haw riders..they do 50% damage on all units,generals,and monsters...only thing thatll win is if they run out of ammo..usually after 2 armies are wiped