Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Simple fix to Tretch Craventail in MP

BRiiTASH2BRiiTASH2 Registered Users Posts: 586
Give Tretch a new constant ability called "Only the Smart Survive" - Tretch regenerates 8 health per second when outside of combat.
This would sychronise well with his other ability, "Stay here, I'll get help", as Tretch would regenerate health when outside of combat and would give him some respite whilst he repositions.
It would also grant him regeneration in Multiplayer, which is an ability he only has in campaign currently.
Post edited by CA_Will#2514 on

Comments

• yst#1879yst#1879 Registered Users Posts: 10,000
    Would be nice to see him useful for once
    https://imgur.com/a/Cj4b9
    Top #3 Leaderboard on Warhammer Totalwar.
  • blindjonnblindjonn Registered Users Posts: 936
    That would be reasonable. Regeneration is becoming a little omnipresent, though, even in the Skaven roster.

I say give him a Bonebreaker mount. He's a Chieftain, Chieftains get Bonebreakers. It would give him mobility and punch that would couple with his survivability and turn him into an incredibly fun pick.
  • BRiiTASH2BRiiTASH2 Registered Users Posts: 586
    blindjonn said:

That would be reasonable. Regeneration is becoming a little omnipresent, though, even in the Skaven roster.

I say give him a Bonebreaker mount. He's a Chieftain, Chieftains get Bonebreakers. It would give him mobility and punch that would couple with his survivability and turn him into an incredibly fun pick.

I think Tretchs niche is that he is a cheap AL LL for the skaven. Giving him a mount might make him viable but he would lose his uniqueness and would make him generic, and I would argue the standard skaven warlord on its bone breaker mount would be a better alternative anyway based on its abilities.
    BRiiTASH2 said:

blindjonn said:

I think Tretchs niche is that he is a cheap AL LL for the skaven. Giving him a mount might make him viable but he would lose his uniqueness and would make him generic, and I would argue the standard skaven warlord on its bone breaker mount would be a better alternative anyway based on its abilities.
    If Tretch kept his AL and abilities on the Bonebreaker, he would maintain his niche while being very fun to use. As it is, the Chieftain on foot is a far better choice for an AL character and you can keep things just as cheap by putting a caster in your lord shot.
  • InsultedHeroInsultedHero Registered Users Posts: 68
    Stay here, I'll get help - instead + 16 leadership could make units unbreakable or leave it as it is and make him summon stormvermin on his location [ aka under him ]
    Sorry for my bad english .

Stay here, I'll get help - instead + 16 leadership could make units unbreakable or leave it as it is and make him summon stormvermin on his location [ aka under him ]

A brief unbreakable aura is a great idea. I'm not sold on the stormvermin - WoM free summons in Skaven feels ridiculously strong whenever I take Throt.
  • griffithx#1314griffithx#1314 Registered Users Posts: 1,518
    I am glad they fixed his helmet to work again without the 45 second lockout timer.
    He might be a lot better than he was before now with that, the mass changes plus access to troops that lower enemy armor by 50%
    I have to try using him now and see if his cheap price might make some builds with him decent in some matchups.
  • WojmirVonCarsteinWojmirVonCarstein Registered Users Posts: 1,598
    blindjonn said:

But its a different type or regen that works only outside of combat, which is different and thematic.

I disagree about mount. Not everyone needs a mount. He might prefer to stay on foot because he can hide/escape easier.