Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

The Statue of Khaine

MattockMattock Registered Users Posts: 1,607
If, as most believe, the next DLC will include dark elves, and in much opinion the only unit that is really worth including in a DLC for the DE is the statue of khaine.

Much like the stag knights it has only ever been mentioned in a lore blurb:

I just think that a large, metal manifestation of the god of murder would be a great addition to the Dark elf roster.

Comments

• WaaaghCheifWaaaghCheif Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,332
    The only argument I have against it, the opposing side is likely the Beastmen, and they need the Ghorgon. Ghorgon and Avatar of Khaine? It would be a very charlemagne-heavy Lord Pack, so I doubt it. But alas I can be proven wrong by CA.
  • saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 17,625
    Hmm i prefer these to be monsters infantry than SEM. But i guess if we go by other GW source they will be SEM.

#givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc

• BloodydaggerBloodydagger Registered Users Posts: 4,000
    give me Magma Dragon

edited December 2020

The only argument I have against it, the opposing side is likely the Beastmen, and they need the Ghorgon. Ghorgon and Avatar of Khaine? It would be a very charlemagne-heavy Lord Pack, so I doubt it. But alas I can be proven wrong by CA.

Not just ghorgon but jabber as well, no incomplete dlc ,
    But statue can be easily done if they make it monsters infantry and use harganth executioners as base.

saweendra said:

Not just ghorgon but jabber as well, no incomplete dlc
    I will eat a hat (not literally, but something to that effect) if Ghorgon and a Jabberslythe is packed in the same Lord Pack.
  • MattockMattock Registered Users Posts: 1,607
    edited December 2020

Well, they have the model, it's the same as the one on the shrine of khaine. It just needs animating and voice lines. Apart from that I cant see the DE needing many other animations. Tullaris is a foot lord thatll use mostly executioner animations, LH would probably be shadow blade and hes another foot character. If it is BM they should be the focus. Statues of khaine would make DE side still look cool though.

saweendra said:

I will eat a hat (not literally, but something to that effect) if Ghorgon and a Jabberslythe is packed in the same Lord Pack.
    Well i am ok with you eating stuff, but there is no freaking excuse for CA to separate out army book units again for few charlemagnes, not to mention they can eventually re use these assests in future save a bucks.

• GreenColouredGreenColoured Registered Users Posts: 5,981
    edited December 2020
    No. Of the Game 1 Factions left to pair with, the most realistic are WoC/Chaos/Beastmen, all of which desperately need to have 90% of the Lord pack's budget to fix and fill in iconic monsters with

The only thing DE have left that's necessary are Fleet Masters. No need to waste budget on then when Beastmen have Ghorgons, Jabberslythes, Preytons, Doombulls, etc.
  • MaelasMaelas Registered Users Posts: 5,180
    Honestly, if Tullaris comes with that thing, it just makes Hellebron look silly. She's supposed to be the head of the cult of Khaine, Khaine units should be her thing.

No. Of the Game 1 Factions left to pair with, the most realistic are WoC/Chaos/Beastmen, all of which desperately need to have 90% of the Lord pack's budget to fix and fill in iconic monsters with

I agree, but the DE will need something new. This unit already has an in game model and would be a great centre peice unit to pair with some reskinned DE units.
    saweendra said:

saweendra said:

Well i am ok with you eating stuff, but there is no freaking excuse for CA to separate out army book units again for few charlemagnes, not to mention they can eventually re use these assests in future save a bucks.
    I agree, but they did, its why Beastmen are in this situation in the first place, roster wise.
  • Sir_GodspeedSir_Godspeed Registered Users Posts: 3,522
    While the Statue never actually appeared in the army list, I don't hate it, so I'm open for it. It could probably also use an already existing rig, so might not be a huge undertaking (but I'm no animator).

saweendra said:

Sadly, I agree.
    Maelas said:

Honestly, if Tullaris comes with that thing, it just makes Hellebron look silly. She's supposed to be the head of the cult of Khaine, Khaine units should be her thing.

Yes but Tullaris is the living avatar of khaine, in the same fashion as daith. And I dont like that argument of saying we shouldn't include something cos it fits better with a other dlc weve already had.

saweendra said:

saweendra said:

I agree, but they did, its why Beastmen are in this situation in the first place, roster wise.
    I am against such decision i hope they learned their lesson from the horror show that was this dlc. No excuse to cut these two units again. If they do dlc do them right.

• NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 14,475

Maybe it could be done cheaply by reusing the Hierotitan skeleton.

• GreenColouredGreenColoured Registered Users Posts: 5,981
    Mattock said:

I agree, but the DE will need something new. This unit already has an in game model and would be a great centre peice unit to pair with some reskinned DE units.
    No they don't. A Fleetmaster, a touch up for their generic ass Factions who all play the same. That's all they really need.

The most flavourful change they can have are slaaneshi demons and some cultist sluts for Cult of Pleasure in WH3

Don't waste effort on time when Beastmen, WoC, and Norsca need everything they can get in their current state
  • RomeoRejectRomeoReject Registered Users Posts: 1,907
    Just have CA pay off ChaosRobie to use his Ghorgon, and then they can justify doing the Jabberslythe themselves.

As for the Statue... Nah. A single line in an unrelated lore blurb shouldn't take precedence over actual units, unless it's a matter of theme (IE, if it's Tullaris, then fine; Anyone else, then no). But there's much better options to go after.
  • MaelasMaelas Registered Users Posts: 5,180
    Mattock said:

Yes but Tullaris is the living avatar of khaine, in the same fashion as daith. And I dont like that argument of saying we shouldn't include something cos it fits better with a other dlc weve already had.

It's actually a lot more ambiguous than Daith, who is unequivocally the avatar of Vaul.

Tullaris is the "chosen of khaine" per his title, but Hellebron is the main bride of khaine, and the 8th edition armybook say "she is second to Morathi only in Khaine's sight" which suggest that Khaine actually favor Morathi, and then Hellebron (which is all kind of weird given their respective cults, but that's the canon), and then Tullaris. But, Malekith is also said to be the favorite of Khaine because of Aenarion. Basically, it's very blurry because every named dark elf is lauded as the favorite of khaine, but among all, the one that is the most affiliated with the cult of Khaine is Hellebron.

Anyway, I still don't see Tullaris bringing a distinct niche from Hellebron in game, or not cheapening the crone in the first place. Dechala for the win.
  • WyvaxWyvax Registered Users Posts: 5,694
    Maelas said:

Anyway, I still don't see Tullaris bringing a distinct niche from Hellebron in game, or not cheapening the crone in the first place. Dechala for the win.

If the Dark Elves get a LP centered around the 6th edition Cult of Slaanesh list, then Dechala and her Chaos Warriors would be the perfect rival for such a pack.
    Tomes read: The Great Betrayal, Master of Dragons, Curse of the Phoenix Crown, Trollslayer, Skavenslayer, Daemonslayer, Dragonslayer, Beastslayer, Vampireslayer, Malekith, The Bloody Handed, Shadow King
    Me when I see a LL character implemented as a LH.

Warhammer Deserves Naval Battles

• CanuoveaCanuovea Registered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 15,835
    The Dark Elves need something additional that isn't in their Armybook. Why? Literally every other TWW2 base race, and a few others, have gotten stuff not in their 8th edition Armybook.

Statues of Khaine infused with the souls of murderers would do.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -New Rules: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/287645/new-forum-rules#latest
    -Rules FAQ: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/287650/total-war-forum-faq#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • General_HijaltiGeneral_Hijalti Registered Users Posts: 4,963

They still need to add something good and interesting/centerpiece to the DE side.
  • Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 8,074
    Sounds like a low rent avatar, hard pass. I’m sure there are other options as far as obscure weaponry goes. How about all the magical siege engines referenced during elven warfare?
  • Sir_GodspeedSir_Godspeed Registered Users Posts: 3,522

Sounds like a low rent avatar, hard pass. I’m sure there are other options as far as obscure weaponry goes. How about all the magical siege engines referenced during elven warfare?

Well, they're siege engines, innit? Not even field artillery.
  • AbmongAbmong Registered Users Posts: 3,648
    Mattock said:

Well, they have the model, it's the same as the one on the shrine of khaine. It just needs animating and voice lines. Apart from that I cant see the DE needing many other animations. Tullaris is a foot lord thatll use mostly executioner animations, LH would probably be shadow blade and hes another foot character. If it is BM they should be the focus. Statues of khaine would make DE side still look cool though.
    They doesn't even need voice lines. IFAIK the statues don't talk, so maybe some sound effects, but don't really need a voice actor. Just needs animating.
    Something tells me this comment will get a Disagree
  • Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 8,074

Well, they're siege engines, innit? Not even field artillery.
    Guy. Siege engine includes trebuchets, ballistas, etc.
  • DeadpoolSWDeadpoolSW Registered Users Posts: 3,076
    To everyone complaining about the cost of making that unit:

1. Both sides of the DLC deserve a centrepiece unit
    2. It's already in the game atop the Cauldron of Blood
    3. In this DLC we got (not including LLs): Ariel, Ghoritch, and Brood Horrors, all of which have their own models.
    Nagash will rule again!

Justice for Chaos Dwarfs, Araby, Albion, Amazons, Halflings, Nippon, Ind, Khuresh & the Hobgoblin Khanate!

Just have CA pay off ChaosRobie to use his Ghorgon, and then they can justify doing the Jabberslythe themselves.

As for the Statue... Nah. A single line in an unrelated lore blurb shouldn't take precedence over actual units, unless it's a matter of theme (IE, if it's Tullaris, then fine; Anyone else, then no). But there's much better options to go after.

I really dont know what other dark elf units they would add, especially a centre piece one.
  • Loupi_Loupi_ Registered Users Posts: 3,423
    Yes, DE need this! The only question is whether to make it a single entity monster or monstrous infantry.
  • GBoneGBone Registered Users Posts: 1,204
    This is practically the same as the Avatar of Khaine, which is a unit from 40k, and so there might be licencing issues or GW reluctance.
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 14,872
    edited December 2020
    GBone said:

This is practically the same as the Avatar of Khaine, which is a unit from 40k, and so there might be licencing issues or GW reluctance.

I think it would be the opposite, since they basically did it in AoS. I think this line of common inspiration would lend itself to adding it into the game easier rather than harder.
    Furthermore, I consider that Daemon Prince must be removed.