Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Why do people want DLC beastmen if he doesn't play them?

Comments

• veresh1989veresh1989 Russia, Saint-PetersburgRegistered Users Posts: 4,317

Did he say that about the correspondence, and was that for a specific time period or permanently?

Tyrion's campaign was top 1, now Imrik's top 1 campaign. Tyrion is now top 2.

If CA provides more accurate statistics, then I will change my point of view regarding the popularity of these or those races. But until this is done, I will proceed from those statistics to which all people have open access

This statistic suggests that beastmen have the lowest rate, that people do not play them more than 2-10 turns. Accordingly, therefore, I urge their fans to get acquainted with the current campaign first, go through it, and then put forward reasonable demands for new content beastmen.

• UberReptilianUberReptilian U.S.S.RRegistered Users Posts: 3,437

Did he say that about the correspondence, and was that for a specific time period or permanently?

If CA provides more accurate statistics, then I will change my point of view regarding the popularity of these or those races. But until this is done, I will proceed from those statistics to which all people have open access

This statistic suggests that beastmen have the lowest rate, that people do not play them more than 2-10 turns. Accordingly, therefore, I urge their fans to get acquainted with the current campaign first, go through it, and then put forward reasonable demands for new content beastmen.
    I'll go through the Beastmen campaign once they don't suck in the upcoming BM DLC.
  • NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 9,065

Most people don't even finish a single campaign in the first place. Your statistics are just hot garbage, accept it.
  • NemoTheElf101NemoTheElf101 Registered Users Posts: 1,760

Evidence, please. You should cite these claims.
    neodeinos said:

Most people don't even finish a single campaign in the first place. Your statistics are just hot garbage, accept it.
    And there is. Out of 100% - 13.9% passed the High Elves campaign, 0.6% passed the Beastmen campaign. Accordingly, this requires love for the faction, only then can you make an effort. It turns out that the high elves are loved the most, while they give very little, which is unfair.

• BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKRegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 39,188
    edited December 2020

Interesting. Other people have arrived at different conclusions from those statistics, also without any factual evidence, so it seems to be a matter of personal preference without any objective basis for the assumptions made and without any way of knowing which, if any, of the assumptions is actually right.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png

neodeinos said:

And there is. Out of 100% - 13.9% passed the High Elves campaign, 0.6% passed the Beastmen campaign. Accordingly, this requires love for the faction, only then can you make an effort. It turns out that the high elves are loved the most, while they give very little, which is unfair.
    High Elves are the easiest race of the whole game, even Imrik is actually fairly easy his only challenge is getting rid of Snikch and since they are a Warhammer 2 race they are pretty well implemented in the game, it's not a bland race like the Beastmen are. Beastmen suffer from being a game 1 race, poorly implemented, nothing very unique and it's a pure Horde which this gameplay sucks and desperately need a rework. Beastmen along WoC is one of the worst implemented race, do I seriously have to explain to you why people don't enjoy them ?

Let's put it simply since it seems too hard to understand for you somehow.

Beastmen poorly implemented > Beastmen not fun > people not playing them > Beastmen need rework to be fun again > Beastmen get rework > More people will play them.

This easy to understand or too hard for you ?
    neodeinos said:

neodeinos said:

High Elves are the easiest race of the whole game, even Imrik is actually fairly easy his only challenge is getting rid of Snikch and since they are a Warhammer 2 race they are pretty well implemented in the game, it's not a bland race like the Beastmen are. Beastmen suffer from being a game 1 race, poorly implemented, nothing very unique and it's a pure Horde which this gameplay sucks and desperately need a rework. Beastmen along WoC is one of the worst implemented race, do I seriously have to explain to you why people don't enjoy them ?

Beastmen poorly implemented > Beastmen not fun > people not playing them > Beastmen need rework to be fun again > Beastmen get rework > More people will play them.

I went through their campaigns on high difficulty without great difficulties and I do not agree with you that they are badly done. They are too strong. The fact that they have no mechanics is another matter. But Tyrion and Teclis also lack mechanics, what should we do now?

• NyxilisNyxilis Registered Users Posts: 4,558

neodeinos said:

neodeinos said:

I went through their campaigns on high difficulty without great difficulties and I do not agree with you that they are badly done. They are too strong. The fact that they have no mechanics is another matter. But Tyrion and Teclis also lack mechanics, what should we do now?
    You constantly contradict yourself. You blather on about about how bad on one hand, then how great they are in another.

The answer is simply Beastmen because they have waited for years to be updated to work well in ME.

Also, literally nobody that matters gives one care that you've completed anything in life at all. We do not care if you completed Beastmen games. We do not care what difficulty you've done it. And people who have done it also disagree with you. Your personal experiences in this particular matter are not a fact that matters, or one that anyone cares.

Also, more sum total of players play everything not HE so hm... guess the game just isn't about them.

Also, CA still said more games are played for then Empire than any other so... maybe we should just forget about the elves and upgrade Karl Franz some more~
  • SaurianDruidSaurianDruid Registered Users Posts: 1,222
    Beastmen were my most played faction in Warhammer 1. By a lot. I completed about six normal campaigns as them and finished their special Beastmen campaign twice. For me that is a lot as I don't have a ton of time to dedicate to a single game. I probably started another 4-5 that have very specific goals I wanted to achieve that didn't involve meeting the victory conditions.

I haven't played them in Warhammer 2 though, and that is entirely because I've already played the absolute crap out of the three LLs available and Mortal Empires isn't that different for the Beastmen lords as they all begin in the Old World.

So why do I want an update? Because new LLs means new start positions and new campaigns I can play that I haven't beaten multiple times over by now. It also means updates to older LLs to refresh their mechanics a bit. For example I'd be surprised if Morghur doesn't get some kind of new mechanic involving Ariel now that she's in the game. Similarly updates to how their hordes work or generally new mechanics refreshes the old campaigns I have enjoyed before and gives them a fresh coat of paint.

And of course I just want new units so I can build more and better themed armies and to have more army variety in campaign.

Also, you should check out "Tyranny of the Majority" and what that means. Just because a faction isn't the most popular doesn't mean it should be left to languish and never given any updates to improve them. After all, a part of updating a faction is to make them more fun and therefore attract more players to it.
  • DeadpoolSWDeadpoolSW Registered Users Posts: 2,185
    Just thought of yet another reason your statistics are ****- HE/WE have incredibly easy campaigns, making it very easy to get their achievement, whereas Skaven, for example, need to spread a ton of corruption to get their achievement- which is very difficult.
    Nagash will rule again!

Justice for Chaos Dwarfs, Ogre Kingdoms, Araby, Albion, Amazons, Halflings, Nippon, Ind & the Hobgoblin Khanate!
  • ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 5,132
    edited December 2020
    Comment removed. , i have almost all Achievements in game two, i have close to 8000 combined hours logged in both games, i have played more times with beastmen on high difficulties than i can count in both games, yet i have completed a full campaign with them only once, in game two.

I say that my experiences with BM count much more than yours as i have spent literal hundreds of hours playing them, heck they are probably in my top 5 most played factions of all times.

I therefor say that BM have aged really bad, i say that the only thing witch could in any conceivable way make them fun for me to pick up and play again was if they had a fully fleshed out DLC pack with new mechanics, units, tweaks to make hordes more fun.

As we have now agreed that i have played way more BM than you, i have played more in general than you, my OPINION is the only OPINION that matters.

Ps: Get it through your thick skull that the percentages of campaign completions have very very little meaning as the vast majority of players NEVER OR RARELY FINISH CAMPAIGNS, yet play the factions a bunch.

Using faulty data to back up your points is worse than using no data at all.
    Post edited by dge1 on

"Yum Yum"
    Reeks said:

my OPINION is the only OPINION that matters.

Actually that would be me. Look, I have more Achievements than you. Look at them and gasp at their beauty mortal!

Reeks said:

my OPINION is the only OPINION that matters.

Actually that would be me. Look, I have more Achievements than you. Look at them and gasp at their beauty mortal!

FML!

Bah! I´l only concede your status as "Top dawg" if you have more hours played than me!

Cause that´s what put weight around one´s opinions in these parts, or so i´ve heard.............

"Yum Yum"
    Reeks said:

FML!

Bah! I´l only concede your status as "Top dawg" if you have more hours played than me!

Cause that´s what put weight around one´s opinions in these parts, or so i´ve heard.............

I appreciate the compliment's for my hard work and effort, but I must repectfully disagree. Obviously the perfection and purity in getting all Achievements in WII (but not I lol), SCIENTIFICALLY PROVES! that my opinion is on par with all those who make decisions on content in Total Warhammer. I literally had to learn russian that's how commited I was to getting all those achievements.

Since I have now shown that statistically I'm the most important user here, I decree that BM shall NOT get a DLC and we shall instead give that to the much more important LL of Anaryll of the High Elves. She literally is literally the Phoenix King, so she needs to be an LL in game. Beastmen can have a Turnskin FLC if I feel like it.

Reeks said:

FML!

I appreciate the compliment's for my hard work and effort, but I must repectfully disagree. Obviously the perfection and purity in getting all Achievements in WII (but not I lol), SCIENTIFICALLY PROVES! that my opinion is on par with all those who make decisions on content in Total Warhammer. I literally had to learn russian that's how commited I was to getting all those achievements.

Since I have now shown that statistically I'm the most important user here, I decree that BM shall NOT get a DLC and we shall instead give that to the much more important LL of Anaryll of the High Elves. She literally is literally the Phoenix King, so she needs to be an LL in game. Beastmen can have a Turnskin FLC if I feel like it.

"Yum Yum"
  • DaruwindDaruwind Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,259
    edited December 2020

I went through all campaigns at legendary, heck even beastmen in both games and they are definitely in most dire need of rework and update. I love HE, expect Finubar, but HE are easy mode, one of strongest races. Especially Tyrion and Teclis, there is need for some new mechanics for them.

All you keep saying is utter rubbish, mixing apples with elephants without understanding to base statistics and what does it mean...

His Royal Highness, Phoenix King Finubar!

"It has been too long since I drew a blade in anger, Tyrion. You have been my sword, and Teclis has been my shield. But now it is time I fought my own battles!"
    Nyxilis said:

neodeinos said:

neodeinos said:

You constantly contradict yourself. You blather on about about how bad on one hand, then how great they are in another.

The answer is simply Beastmen because they have waited for years to be updated to work well in ME.

Also, literally nobody that matters gives one care that you've completed anything in life at all. We do not care if you completed Beastmen games. We do not care what difficulty you've done it. And people who have done it also disagree with you. Your personal experiences in this particular matter are not a fact that matters, or one that anyone cares.

Also, more sum total of players play everything not HE so hm... guess the game just isn't about them.

Also, CA still said more games are played for then Empire than any other so... maybe we should just forget about the elves and upgrade Karl Franz some more~
    They are bad, because they are too easy to play for, they are too strong. If half of the bonuses were removed for them, then their campaign would become really intense and interesting in terms of the complexity of the passage. But since they have a terrible design, they will not be popular anyway. Their level is below, with all sorts of goblins, skaven and other uninteresting boring nonsense.

• LunaticprinceLunaticprince Registered Users Posts: 2,191

Nyxilis said:

neodeinos said:

neodeinos said:

They are bad, because they are too easy to play for, they are too strong. If half of the bonuses were removed for them, then their campaign would become really intense and interesting in terms of the complexity of the passage. But since they have a terrible design, they will not be popular anyway. Their level is below, with all sorts of goblins, skaven and other uninteresting boring nonsense.
    So, a moon even that give them heft debuff with little buff, no replasment by moving, having a useless brayheardn following that do nothing or literally not manage to sack as much as the WOC.

Is to strong?

But a faction that have a extreme strong economy, some of the best roster in the game, in total, secure start position, not losing your first game at the first rounds?

Is for skilled player?

Enough i switch to the druchi!

Agian what your find boring is not a valid fact at all.
  • DaruwindDaruwind Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,259

Wrong! People find BM hard to play and not interesting. Too strong and easy mode is HE.

His Royal Highness, Phoenix King Finubar!

"It has been too long since I drew a blade in anger, Tyrion. You have been my sword, and Teclis has been my shield. But now it is time I fought my own battles!"

Nyxilis said:

neodeinos said:

neodeinos said:

So, a moon even that give them heft debuff with little buff, no replasment by moving, having a useless brayheardn following that do nothing or literally not manage to sack as much as the WOC.

Is to strong?

But a faction that have a extreme strong economy, some of the best roster in the game, in total, secure start position, not losing your first game at the first rounds?

Is for skilled player?

During the moon, you either make up for losses, or develop a horde, or attack. All of this will happen with greater efficiency than other factions. Minotaurs make your army unkillable, there is an ambush stand with a special map, convenient for quickly destroying any troops.

The high elves have to protect large areas of the map from many enemies from all sides, the beastmen do not have this problem, they simply systematically ruin one of the factions. In this case, there can be 6 hordes at a very high level, without loss of content.

If Beastmen are too strong in campaign, then some sort of REWORK could fix that.
  • LunaticprinceLunaticprince Registered Users Posts: 2,191

Nyxilis said:

neodeinos said:

neodeinos said:

Is to strong?

Is for skilled player?

During the moon, you either make up for losses, or develop a horde, or attack. All of this will happen with greater efficiency than other factions. Minotaurs make your army unkillable, there is an ambush stand with a special map, convenient for quickly destroying any troops.

The high elves have to protect large areas of the map from many enemies from all sides, the beastmen do not have this problem, they simply systematically ruin one of the factions. In this case, there can be 6 hordes at a very high level, without loss of content.
    LOSING ONE CITY OR EVEN TWO!

Not end your campagne losing your hordes does!!

If Beastmen are too strong in campaign, then some sort of REWORK could fix that.

Don't be ridicloucs ! any kind of rework would destroy her mighty strenght of having low tier orc stats.

Would be stripped down.

As part of the FLC, they need to trim their stats like the Wood Elves did. Swap herds of fury for an analogue of waagh and give normal bonuses for the destruction of cities. That's all they really need.

As part of the FLC, they need to trim their stats like the Wood Elves did. Swap herds of fury for an analogue of waagh and give normal bonuses for the destruction of cities. That's all they really need.
    Well then they can do that with the BM DLC so they can get that FLC as always.
  • DeadpoolSWDeadpoolSW Registered Users Posts: 2,185

You're right, what Beastmen really need is to be nerfed into the ground :D
    Nagash will rule again!

Justice for Chaos Dwarfs, Ogre Kingdoms, Araby, Albion, Amazons, Halflings, Nippon, Ind & the Hobgoblin Khanate!

They have no moral right to ask for DLC, as their popularity is too low, players need high elves, gnomes, and vampires in the short term.

They have no moral right to ask for DLC, as their popularity is too low, players need high elves, gnomes, and vampires in the short term.
    What is the morality behind wanting a vdeo game DLC? Lmfao.

They must respect popular factions with many players, they must first get content, and in short pauses small factions can claim this

They must respect popular factions with many players, they must first get content, and in short pauses small factions can claim this
    The only thing your so called most popular race deserves is to be removed from the game, it's boring anyway.
This discussion has been closed.