Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Nagash is here

Cortes31Cortes31 Registered Users Posts: 1,931
edited December 2020 in General Discussion
Only as a mod though.

CA, really, bring out Total War Warhammer 3 already. Modders are making more and more of it.
Tagged:

Comments

• AxiosXiphosAxiosXiphos Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,324
    As great as some of these mods are they aren't in anyway comparable to official development. Warhammer 3 will come when it comes.
  • ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 7,482
    Sweet, if just CA made their tools available to the modders we could get to see the entirety of the Warhammer fantasy world realized in all it´s glory.

"Yum Yum Ariel stew"

Supreme Matriarch Of Nan-Gau...

Master Of The Storm Winds...

Daughter Of The Dragon Emperor!
  • AxiosXiphosAxiosXiphos Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,324
    Reeks said:

Sweet, if just CA made their tools available to the modders we could get to see the entirety of the Warhammer fantasy world realized in all it´s glory.

They are literally legally bound not to. It's only because they negotiated with GW that we have any mods at all.

Problem is if someone made say a lord of the rings total conversion the law suits would be flying in every direction.
  • YrellianYrellian Registered Users Posts: 1,899
    It’s funny that we would have had Nagash for three years already if not for GW’s intervention. I do wonder when and in what form will Nagash appear.

His Royal Highness, Phoenix King Finubar!

"It has been too long since I drew a blade in anger, Tyrion. You have been my sword, and Teclis has been my shield. But now it is time I fought my own battles!"

I used to be crazycrix, then Epic happened and I became Dubinekdubajs, which I had to change again😀
  • kufareekufaree Registered Users Posts: 650
    I dont use mods
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,641
    "Azhag is 'ere."

Nagash couldn't even fully bend Azhag to his will.

Green iz best.
  • MattockMattock Registered Users Posts: 711
    kufaree said:

I dont use mods

Never understood that. Is it out of principle?
  • BereaverBereaver Registered Users Posts: 911
    edited December 2020
    I love that they done not only Nagash, but also an unique lore of magic with great spell effects to boot! Outstanding job!
  • KuntingWarriorKuntingWarrior Registered Users Posts: 3,417
    Mattock said:

kufaree said:

I dont use mods

I have dabbled in some mods from time to time but I always go back to Vanilla because the mods somehow always feel like cheating in a way and just don't feel like the real game, it's hard to explain.

• ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 7,482

Reeks said:

They are literally legally bound not to. It's only because they negotiated with GW that we have any mods at all.

Problem is if someone made say a lord of the rings total conversion the law suits would be flying in every direction.
    So let them sue the modders who used the tools for something naughty.

#ModsAreTheOnlyWayWeWillSeeTheCompleteSetting

"Yum Yum Ariel stew"

Supreme Matriarch Of Nan-Gau...

Master Of The Storm Winds...

Daughter Of The Dragon Emperor!
  • jdidjdjjdidjdj Registered Users Posts: 96
    nagash will never officially arrive.
    jdidjdj said:

CA wanted him as the 4th TKs LL three years ago, so I doubt that they forgot their want for Nagash and they will release him eventually. (As his own thing with combined roster of TKs and Undead or as TKs DLC)

"It has been too long since I drew a blade in anger, Tyrion. You have been my sword, and Teclis has been my shield. But now it is time I fought my own battles!"

I used to be crazycrix, then Epic happened and I became Dubinekdubajs, which I had to change again😀
  • SerPusSerPus Registered Users Posts: 6,311
    Yrellian said:

CA wanted him as the 4th TKs LL three years ago

Is that so?
    jdidjdj said:

Most likely this unfortunately.
    SerPus said:

Yrellian said:

CA wanted him as the 4th TKs LL three years ago

Is that so?
    IIRC they were talking about it in the interview with Mitch, in the same interview they were also talking about the lack of bone giants at the time, but not sure where to find this three years old stuff.

• ChaosIncarnateChaosIncarnate Registered Users Posts: 152
    jdidjdj said:

Why not?
  • Lord_DistamorfinLord_Distamorfin Registered Users Posts: 1,300
    As great as this and the Daemon mods are, I can't help feeling really aggravated that modders are making stuff that we know for a fact CA is going to add in game 3 when they could be fixing things that CA is likely never going to do anything about. Bretonnian Damsels still look middle aged and hideous, Vlad still has crap animations copied from the Empire General and a hideous zombie face, and a lot of units are just low res by current standards.

These guys do amazing work and I never thought we'd see custom units with custom animations from a mod. But all these high effort mods are going to be completely obsolete and dead pretty much as soon as WH3 comes out.
    Yrellian said:

IIRC they were talking about it in the interview with Mitch, in the same interview they were also talking about the lack of bone giants at the time, but not sure where to find this three years old stuff.

I found an interview with PC Gamer where the interviewer asked if Nagash will come with the DLC, but CA didn't answer.
    Anyway, Nagash simply wouldn't work as a TK LL.
    SerPus said:

Yrellian said:

I found an interview with PC Gamer where the interviewer asked if Nagash will come with the DLC, but CA didn't answer.
    Anyway, Nagash simply wouldn't work as a TK LL.
    Yeah that was not the one, there were three people present and when asked, they said that early in the development they wanted to have Nagash as the 4th LL, but it was GW who pointed them to Arkhan.

• EthorinEthorin Registered Users Posts: 580

As great as this and the Daemon mods are, I can't help feeling really aggravated that modders are making stuff that we know for a fact CA is going to add in game 3 when they could be fixing things that CA is likely never going to do anything about. Bretonnian Damsels still look middle aged and hideous, Vlad still has crap animations copied from the Empire General and a hideous zombie face, and a lot of units are just low res by current standards.

These guys do amazing work and I never thought we'd see custom units with custom animations from a mod. But all these high effort mods are going to be completely obsolete and dead pretty much as soon as WH3 comes out.

...You do know there are already like, three different Damsel Reskins, two Vlad reskins, and dozens of other graphical touchups and overhauls out there?

For a start you could search for "Beautiful" on the Workshop.
    Yrellian said:

Yeah that was not the one

Well, it's the only one Google can find.
    Yrellian said:

but it was GW who pointed them to Arkhan.

He's a lord from TK army book, so not much pointing is needed.
    SerPus said:

Yrellian said:

Yeah that was not the one

Well, it's the only one Google can find.
    Yrellian said:

but it was GW who pointed them to Arkhan.

He's a lord from TK army book, so not much pointing is needed.
    That’s what they said, I am well aware.

Still have not found the video (I think it was deleted), but found one of the interviews from my home country:

There Rob Bartholomew says that they were thinking about adding Nagash, but they though him too strong (he was almost on the power level of the Chaos gods during the End Times) and that is why they went with Arkhan instead. They wanted to have 4 balanced LLs.

• Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 6,812
    Mattock said:

kufaree said:

I dont use mods

When the game updates, your saves get corrupted. :(
    Campaign Management is for suckers.

• ChronoidChronoid Registered Users Posts: 58
    Ingr8 said:

Cortes31 said:

Only as a mod though.

That is awful, it looks nothing like he is supposed to!

#onlyoneNagash
    #allothersareimitations
    You do know that model is so awful it was purposely made to look bad, right?

It would be a disservice to both Nagash and the fanbase to represent him as that.

Plus, Arkhan kept his current design, so Nagash will surely do so as well
    Chronoid said:

Ingr8 said:

Cortes31 said:

Only as a mod though.

That is awful, it looks nothing like he is supposed to!

#onlyoneNagash
    #allothersareimitations
    You do know that model is so awful it was purposely made to look bad, right?

It would be a disservice to both Nagash and the fanbase to represent him as that.

Plus, Arkhan kept his current design, so Nagash will surely do so as well
    It was a joke, but I must say that I prefer the old Arkhan. That man looks glorious.

One thing that bugs me. If Nagash and Arkhan took the elixir of immortality -- why do they look undead instead of "living undead" like vampires? I thought it was supposed to keep them "normal". And for that matter - how'd they both get struck down in the first place if they were immortal?
    Itharus said:

One thing that bugs me. If Nagash and Arkhan took the elixir of immortality -- why do they look undead instead of "living undead" like vampires? I thought it was supposed to keep them "normal". And for that matter - how'd they both get struck down in the first place if they were immortal?

They are immortals in the fact they can live forever if no harm comes to them, In Nagash's case of being a bony boi he continually ate warpstone for hundreds of years to fuel his power which melted his flesh away gradually until his head was a leering skull with flames in his eye sockets for eyes.
    So their bodies can actually be killed... but they just remain... animated? Why do vampires regenerate all pretty?
  • MythrilSoulMythrilSoul Registered Users Posts: 909
    edited December 2020
    Itharus said:

So their bodies can actually be killed... but they just remain... animated? Why do vampires regenerate all pretty?

neferata's elixir was an attempt to improve nagash's one, it was better in the sense it allowed the flesh to endure and regrow but faulty in not needing sustenance to not wither and maintain sanity

how it works? better look at the nagash novels, but ready yourself cuz its a looooooong read