Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

AI cheating is ridculous

mupf231mupf231 Registered Users Posts: 6
I don't know what you have done to TW Warhammer, but the current state of AI cheating is ridiculous.

AI can recruit more units than allowed in one region. I have seen multiple armies recruiting simultaneous in one region.
They do not care about money. And they can confederate in a blink.

All that is done even in normal settings where I would assume that the AI is almost playing fair.

The game is still beatable BUT F.... BORING!

It is discouraging to see AI cheating so obvious. Playing a campaign is so exhausting and I am very sad what you have done to this game meanwhile.

Do I really need to install a mod for no AI cheats even on normal?

It is nice that I can tweak everything with mods and I will do that now, but somehow sad I need a mod to enjoy this game and not going mad.

Comments

• TeNoSkillTeNoSkill Registered Users Posts: 3,370
    edited January 4
    Agreed.
    Exspecially on the higher difficulty levels it´s just a boring grind against superior AI numbers always and everywhere.

And if you lose it not only feels extremely unfair it also can cost you the game, as everybody dislikes you.

• capybarasiesta89capybarasiesta89 Senior Member Bath, UKRegistered Users Posts: 4,562
    Also they get Legendary items at level 6 or 9, plus I saw yesterday Drycha with free Coedill sitting there with two units of treeman ONLY! Two Dryads and Glade Captain, just auto resolving VCounts to oblivion.

I am Azhag in this scenario.
    Vampire Counts
    Tomb Kings
    The Empire

"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death." - Vlad von Carstein
  • dreadystoffedreadystoffe Registered Users Posts: 10
    Honestly, even with their increased capabilities/"cheating" as you call it, i find it quite nessecary for em to have such advantages since even on legendary it is quite easy to start "steamrolling" the entire game with basically any faction, mostly the games are technically already over after 25-35turns.
  • mupf231mupf231 Registered Users Posts: 6

Honestly, even with their increased capabilities/"cheating" as you call it, i find it quite nessecary for em to have such advantages since even on legendary it is quite easy to start "steamrolling" the entire game with basically any faction, mostly the games are technically already over after 25-35turns.

I agree that the game is over after some start time, but why puting in this boring mechanic? Why not introducing some interesting "events" which will keep you busy OR make more interesting goals? Or be okay with a shorter campaign.

And what is about more smarter AI? I was never tricked in an ambush, just SPAM of army stacks.

• CastanietzscheCastanietzsche Registered Users Posts: 14
    my concern about ai buff is more about battles.
    As their buffs are mostly about melee and command, it turns out all interesting strategies with mobility and psychology are unusable.
    So most people just make ai aggro and wreck them with magic artillery and missiles. That's really passive and boring :s
    Now I'm more used to play with VH campaign (I once experienced the corrupt save in legendary 2 turns from short victory...) and normal battle difficulty.
    And multiplayer but then you're the one being corner camped or draw lifted.

I suggest battle difficulty nerfs only on hp so AP missiles wouldn't be less nerfed than melee. Or some things with ranged damage nerf.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file