Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

American civil war

rbasinrbasin Registered Users Posts: 1
edited January 5 in Total War General Chat
Hi,

Just wondering if there has been any talk of an american civil war game?

I think it could be popular.

Thanks

Comments

• SiWISiWI Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,712
    not from CA, as far I know. There are alot of fans thou that would liek that.

Personally I'm in the camp of the people that views it rather as a TW Saga title or DLC then its own main game.
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • CommisarCommisar Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,777
    Yeah I can't recall any direct mention but it does come up from time to time.

I view it as a side campaign/grand campaign mechanic like the French revolution in Empire for a Victoria TW. Just far too limited for it's own game.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 21,673
    rbasin said:

Hi,

Just wondering if there has been any talk of an american civil war game?

I think it could be popular.

Thanks

Not from Creative Assembly. There have a great many threads here "debating" the probability or possibility....

From my view point I seriously doubt it is a gleam in anyone's eye with the company. There are quite a few Civil Games already released. I've even played a few (of the early ones). They all run into the same problem, limited in scope and factions. Most are usually a one-off play through.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain
    “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”–George Santayana, The Life of Reason, 1905.

• ShiroAmakusa75ShiroAmakusa75 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 31,784
    There's a mod for Empire about the ACW.

• davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,365
    I wouldn’t say no to a beginner player through within a wider game like Victoria TW.

It could be an impressive game if CA could optimise the game to allow more concrete outcomes. For example if you attack and take over a major industrial city will it have a major effect on an enemies economy.
  • Rubz2293Rubz2293 Registered Users Posts: 390
    I heard some people are looking for round2 in real life...though you probably don't want that.
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,365
    edited January 10
    Might be a good game.. bit Grimdark though.

Image removed.
    Post edited by dge1 on
  • greendolphingreendolphin Registered Users Posts: 53
    It has the potential to become the most boring total war game ever.

Even can compete with Thrones of Britannia.

• Low_TideLow_Tide A cabin by a lake in the woods.Registered Users Posts: 38

It has the potential to become the most boring total war game ever.

Agree
    Taste is a matter of prospective.
  • Barbarian BorelordBarbarian Borelord Registered Users Posts: 55
    It would be part of a larger TW game about the 19th century no doubt, like Victoria Total War or Empire 2.
  • Artilleryman08Artilleryman08 Registered Users Posts: 1
    I agree that this would have to be part of a larger game such as TW Victoria. I think the idea of a global imperialism game set in the mid 1800s would be really cool, and you could have a separate campaign just for the American Civil War. To make it even more interesting, upon finishing the ACW campaign you could have the option to carry your country strait into the Grand Campaign. Imagine the south taking over the US an then deciding to spread their ideas to the rest of the world, or the Union suppressing the south and thinking, "Well I already have a massive Army, might as well use it" They could through in some interesting intrigues as well, like the Irish in America wanting to use Civil War veterans to free Ireland (they tried to capture Canada originally). Just as a thought.

I love the Total War series and have ever since the first Medieval TW, but sometimes it feels like CA just wants to make Warhammer games or remake Rome and Medieval.