Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Last Roman - Map Overview broken

xlzemalxxlzemalx Registered Users Posts: 3
To who it may concern.

I’ve decided to re-report a major issue with the campaign map overview that is present in the Last Roman DLC; the Vandal city of Thagaste in Northern Africa is STILL broken, failing to change colour based on which faction occupies it, and eternally appearing as though it were a desolate province.

While the team has been notified of this bug on at least 4 separate occasions since September 2015, most recently in 2018, and on numerous occasions community moderators have assured us that the team is investigating, the last two occasions that this glitch was brought up apparently no longer even warranted a response from the team.

While both myself and the rest of the community understands it can be difficult to to keep older titles in proper working order when focusing on future projects, the fact that this bug is still present a full half decade later is a poor reflection on CA’s commitment to quality of life updates, particularly given that the company is still perfectly willing to sell the dlc even if it isn’t prepared to patch it.

I do think it’s pertinent to add that much of my own and the communities frustration with this glitch stems from the fact that it’s a relatively easy fix; prior to the patch released in September 2015 the province wasn’t bugged, so simply by looking at a rolled back version of the files that dictate the provincial overview and subsequent faction ownership of said region the problem (and fix) should be glaringly obvious.

Total war is a franchise I’ve been playing for more then half of my life, a franchise I’ve spent literally hundreds of pounds on, and which I hope I am able to spend hundreds more on - however - if the approach taken towards this issue is set to become a trend I’m afraid my love for TW will run out.

Optimistically
Zema

Comments

• EasternRoman5EasternRoman5 Registered Users Posts: 79
    edited January 2021
    This as well as the missing building slots. They should had been fixed long ago. Breaking savegames is no excuse. A broken savegame can be disregarded and a new campaign started but a bug's existence will harm the game forever.
    Post edited by EasternRoman5 on
  • xlzemalxxlzemalx Registered Users Posts: 3

This as well as the missing building slots. They should had been fixed long ago. Breaking savegames is no excuse. A broken savegame can be disregarded and a new campaign started but a bug's existence will harm the game forever.

Honestly, ever since steam gave us the ability to roll games back to previous versions this really isn’t an issue anymore either; anyone who didn’t want to lose their save would simply roll back their patch until they were done!