Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Question : Do Chevron's effect Reload time for Artillery pieces ?

DarkLordDDarkLordD Registered Users Posts: 2,579
Hello everyone.

Well just as the title states, Do Chevron's effect Reload time for Artillery pieces ?

Canon's are somewhat slow, but very effective when hit correctly. I love them, but reload times are somewhat slow in some cases.

Do Chevron's anything for reload speed time AND accuracy ?

Thanks all !

Have a great day.
Dark Lord D the Fearsome (I) ~~~ First Dark Lord of the Old World.

--~~ let them hate me as long as they fear me ------------------------- Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus Germanicus, Roman Emperor

Comments

• Uagrim#4644Uagrim#4644 Registered Users Posts: 2,080
    Yes they do.
  • DarkLordDDarkLordD Registered Users Posts: 2,579
    Uagrim said:

Yes they do.

GREAT !!

Thanks man ;) !

--~~ let them hate me as long as they fear me ------------------------- Gaius Julius Caesar Augustus Germanicus, Roman Emperor
  • ROMOBOY#7812ROMOBOY#7812 Registered Users Posts: 4,814
    If you hover over the missile damage stat bar with your mouse, you can see just how much it changes with chevrons.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

Cathay > Chaos Dwarfs = Pain

ROMOBOY said:

If you hover over the missile damage stat bar with your mouse, you can see just how much it changes with chevrons.

Great addition man, thanks a lot ! I didn;t think of that :) I will do that right away, thanks !

Any chance if you know if accuracy is a thing too for chevrons ?

DarkLordD said:

ROMOBOY said:

Great addition man, thanks a lot ! I didn;t think of that :) I will do that right away, thanks !

Yes it is. But sadly there isn’t no way to check how much it increases it.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

• Sir_Godspeed#8395Sir_Godspeed#8395 Registered Users Posts: 3,621
    edited January 2021
    DarkLordD said:

Hello everyone.

Well just as the title states, Do Chevron's effect Reload time for Artillery pieces ?

Canon's are somewhat slow, but very effective when hit correctly. I love them, but reload times are somewhat slow in some cases.

Thanks all !

Have a great day.

I usually refrain from making comments like these, but this mistake was fairly consistent, so I'm just going to help you a bit:

In English, plurals never have apostrophes in them.

Chevrons.
    Cannons.

Just like the word "pieces" you wrote above.

Apostrophes are virtually only used for possessive forms. So "The chevron's effect" meaning "the effect of the chevron".

I'm not a native speaker myself, so I know that English is a godforsaken Frankenstein language largely devoid of logic, but this particular aspect is pretty consistent.

Good luck!
  • Canuovea#6291Canuovea#6291 Registered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 15,960
    And if you're talking about plural "chevrons" but want to comment on their effect, it would be: "The chevrons' effect..." Apparently you get to just add a single apostrophe if the word is already plural. But if it is singular, especially a proper noun, and ends in an "s" you have to add " 's " because hah, that's why. "Alexis's chevrons..."

English is weird.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -New Rules: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/287645/new-forum-rules#latest
    -Rules FAQ: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/287650/total-war-forum-faq#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
    Could be worse. You could be trying to learn Hungarian... that language is so confusing.

• Outsider4NOutsider4N Registered Users Posts: 181
    ROMOBOY said:

DarkLordD said:

ROMOBOY said:

Yes it is. But sadly there isn’t no way to check how much it increases it.
    Fortunately, chevrons decrease artillery calibration area and you can check it in custom battles.
    You can order artillery units to attack certain mark by holding RAlt.
    When you are doing this you'll notice that gold chevron arty has smaller target area.

• Iron_Crown#5779Iron_Crown#5779 Registered Users Posts: 1,853
    Zerkovich made a video where he tests how valuable extra chevrons are for artillery. The result was that they're not worth it at all and much better spent on infantry.

• Outsider4NOutsider4N Registered Users Posts: 181
    edited January 2021

Zerkovich made a video where he tests how valuable extra chevrons are for artillery. The result was that they're not worth it at all and much better spent on infantry.

were you referring to https://youtube.com/watch?v=osZfY4rN0S0 ???
    That is his only arty vid I could find but i can't catch the moment you are talking about

Anyway I don't quite understand how extra chevrons could not be of value to artillery. specifically the mortar type of artillery. You are actually uncapable to hit enemy troops placed on the walls with every shot unless your mortars had some chevrons.

Or you were talking about mp??
  • Iron_Crown#5779Iron_Crown#5779 Registered Users Posts: 1,853
    Well this is only relevant to MP, isn't it? In SP you get chevrons on all your units anyway so it's not like you consciously choose which units to level up. It's just something that happens.

Iirc, Zerkovich demonstrates that increased accuracy has no significant impact, the normal randomness of hits is larger than the difference between a rookie unit vs. a veteran unit. Most bonuses from chevrons are to MA and MD which are completely meaningless for artillery.

DarkLordD said:

Hello everyone.

Thanks all !

Have a great day.

I usually refrain from making comments like these, but this mistake was fairly consistent, so I'm just going to help you a bit:

In English, plurals never have apostrophes in them.

Chevrons.
    Cannons.

Just like the word "pieces" you wrote above.

Apostrophes are virtually only used for possessive forms. So "The chevron's effect" meaning "the effect of the chevron".

I'm not a native speaker myself, so I know that English is a godforsaken Frankenstein language largely devoid of logic, but this particular aspect is pretty consistent.

Good luck!
    I am sorry for my bad spelling :( I am horrible at it , sorry many times over ! Even got trouble in my own language (Dutch)