Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

LLs id Like for Norsca

TimpeyoTimpeyo Registered Users Posts: 1,651
There are two LLs I'd like most for Norsca with a LP most likely during or after game threes release. One off which is aligned to a certain God, which I know goes against their campaign right now but for game three I'm sure they will have a new end game.

Having one new Lord who stands apart as a Norsca/DoC hybrid could add something a little different.

The two I most want to see you probably can guess are Tamurkhan and Sayl the Faithless

Tamurkhan would be the main adversary for a LP bringing a new creature in the form off Bubebolos his Toad Dragon with possable ranged attacks as a fairly swift heavy hitter

Sayl the Faithless as the Flc with his unique Spawn Nightmaw and the First Spellcaster LL for them

Units I'd quite like

A Shaman-Sorcerer Lord choice with range off magic

Possable hero choices Rotbringer/Nurgle sorcerer
Fimirach noble

Savage Dolgans, maybe using the frame/animation off the new female wardancers

curs'd ettin, Rune-Callers version with spells from Shadow, Death

Kayzks Rot knights as a armoured cavalry choice

Plague Ogres, maybe having some mutation inhancment for armour sundering or a ranged type attack

Perhaps Deamon units just available for Tamurkhan, maybe as summons
Plague bearers
Plague toads

Possable Nurgle RoR versions off the following units for Tamurkhan
Bile Troll
worm-men
Marauders champion/hunter
Skin wolves
Fimir
War mamouth

I know Norsca are in a good place army wise but having some Spellcasters and Nurgle varients could be alot of fun

Comments

• veresh1989veresh1989 Russia, Saint-PetersburgRegistered Users Posts: 3,446
    Birna must be the next LL, She will represent Tzeentch
  • damon40000damon40000 Registered Users Posts: 254
    stop stealing from chaos
    BsFG dwarf
  • SaintCornSaintCorn Registered Users Posts: 477
    Timpeyo said:

There are two LLs I'd like most for Norsca with a LP most likely during or after game threes release. One off which is aligned to a certain God, which I know goes against their campaign right now but for game three I'm sure they will have a new end game.

Having one new Lord who stands apart as a Norsca/DoC hybrid could add something a little different.

The two I most want to see you probably can guess are Tamurkhan and Sayl the Faithless

Tamurkhan would be the main adversary for a LP bringing a new creature in the form off Bubebolos his Toad Dragon with possable ranged attacks as a fairly swift heavy hitter

Sayl the Faithless as the Flc with his unique Spawn Nightmaw and the First Spellcaster LL for them

Units I'd quite like

Fimirach noble

Plague Ogres, maybe having some mutation inhancment for armour sundering or a ranged type attack

Plague bearers
    Plague toads

Bile Troll
    worm-men
    Skin wolves
    Fimir
    War mamouth

I know Norsca are in a good place army wise but having some Spellcasters and Nurgle varients could be alot of fun

That's an extremely strong Nurgle focus which makes sense due to Tamurkhan. I really like the ideas of just having very god-themed subfractions within Norsca. Sayl the Faithless is definitely an interesting character. Do you think Nightmaw would be a specific Legendary Hero, a special ROR, or just conjoined like Skarsnik and Gobbla?
  • saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 9,639
    I want that bear dude from dogs of war and surtha ek well for all the mems and for making all my opponents tremble in fear
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc
  • JungleElfJungleElf Registered Users Posts: 3,067
    edited January 16
    Norsca doesn't have a god-specific theme, icy monsters and barbarians are more their thing; Tamurkhan should be a WoC LL.

Sayl the Faithless is meh as LL, also looks too much like a Chaos Sorceror. Tamurkhan was the focus of the narrative, for a reason.
  • GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 5,609
    Sayl the faithless I think is a strong pic, could rep Kurgans (I assume they won't get a RP) and add a spellcaster, and won't be missed from chaos. But Tamurkhan should be in WoC or a Nurgle Monogod race if they are added.

Imo CA could make up a Fimir character for Norsca too, they are not exactly brimming with new content from armybooks and such so a made up character for Fimir (as Norsca is kinda their home now) would be cool.
  • TemudhunTemudhun Member Registered Users Posts: 503
    saweendra said:

I want that bear dude from dogs of war and surtha ek well for all the mems and for making all my opponents tremble in fear

Beorg Bearstruck! I want him too, he should come together with new bearmen and skin wolves regiments and generic characters.
  • FossowayFossoway Registered Users Posts: 4,205

stop stealing from chaos

There's no choice but to steal from Chaos, they have too many characters and Norsca has none.
    I doubt Tamurkhan will be a part of Norsca, he's too engrained into WoC, Nurgle or even too "eastern" to be a viable option for Norsca.

I think a heavy challenger would be Lord Mortkin, leader of the Fell Legion: https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Mortkin

He's a badass AND a Norscan, and has the special trait of not being Chaos' b-word. He's also one of the very few to have fought Valkia the Bloody to a draw.

He should be the DLC Lord, and Sayl the Faithless should be FLC.
  • RamsesIIIRamsesIII Registered Users Posts: 405
    Like others have mentioned Tamurkhan should probably be WoC (undivided characters work best with Norsca's allegiance to the gods mechanic and general roster) but if all Nurgle spots are occupied by other LLs I'll gladly welcome Tamurkhan into Norsca taking a few mortal and daemon units for his faction only.
  • CaesarSahlertzCaesarSahlertz Registered Users Posts: 4,388
    Tamurkhan is a Kurgan... Not Norscan....
  • mecanojavi99mecanojavi99 Registered Users Posts: 785
    I could see Thamurkhan as a god aligned LL for Norsca if they ever get one, but I would also like Beorg Beorstruk, Lord Mortkin and even Drenok Johansen so we can have someone starting in Skeggi.
    Fossoway said:

I doubt Tamurkhan will be a part of Norsca, he's too engrained into WoC, Nurgle or even too "eastern" to be a viable option for Norsca.

I think a heavy challenger would be Lord Mortkin, leader of the Fell Legion: https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Mortkin

He's a badass AND a Norscan, and has the special trait of not being Chaos' b-word. He's also one of the very few to have fought Valkia the Bloody to a draw.

You friend keep spreading the word of Lord Mortkin,
    He even was considered as the plan B if Archaon never suceded in his journey to become the Everchosen and is said that if someone would ever unite Norsca under one banner, it would have been probably Mortkin's.
  • MalalforthewinMalalforthewin Registered Users Posts: 270
    Fossoway said:

I just read his lore and the guy is a real badass. He really fits the whole theme of Norsca; being more human than the WoC and not choosing one particular god. I feel like his desire of vengeance against Oleg von Raukov (in lore) could easily be replaced by a more known Empire LL, like Kurt Helborg (you know for a Lord pack). It could also be really interesting to have a choice after the final battle; either staying King of the Norscans or rejecting Chaos altogether. Not sure what would be the bonuses (maybe if you reject Chaos, you gain the respect of Order factions, some kind of diplomatic restart in addition to big bonuses to human units, while accepting Chaos gives you big bonuses to monster units ?).

Anyway thanks for sharing this amazing character!
  • MythrilSoulMythrilSoul Registered Users Posts: 593
    edited January 16
    tamurkhan the kurgan... one of the 4 sons of the great kurgan... in the norsca faction... how about no?

why not actual norscans? like Lord mortkin and beorg bearstruck?

tamurkhan the kurgan... one of the 4 sons of the great kurgan... in the norsca faction... how about no?

why not actual norscans? like Lord mortkin and beorg bearstruck?

The way I would fix that is by changing the faction name from Norsca to Northern Tribes or something similar, keeping Norsca only as the geographical location, that way you can have all the northern tribes, like Norsca and Kurgan thogheter in a faction without making them all Norsca, that way you can have LL from all of them.
    Just to share this quote from Laurel and Hardy Kurt Helborg and Ludwig Schwartzhelm after Lord Mortkin's death:

Kurt Helborg: "I am shaken Ludwig. I do not think, as do others, that it was our arrival upon the battlefield that won this victory - if victory we can call it. If their lord had not ceased fighting, I do not believe we could have beaten them. Victory was in his grasp, yet by all accounts he just gave up. What manner of man was he?"

Ludwig Schwartzhelm: "Maybe that's it? Maybe, in the end, perhaps Mortkin wasn't one of those... things. Maybe he was just a man after all?"
  • MythrilSoulMythrilSoul Registered Users Posts: 593
    Fossoway said:

Just to share this quote from Laurel and Hardy Kurt Helborg and Ludwig Schwartzhelm after Lord Mortkin's death:

Kurt Helborg: "I am shaken Ludwig. I do not think, as do others, that it was our arrival upon the battlefield that won this victory - if victory we can call it. If their lord had not ceased fighting, I do not believe we could have beaten them. Victory was in his grasp, yet by all accounts he just gave up. What manner of man was he?"

Ludwig Schwartzhelm: "Maybe that's it? Maybe, in the end, perhaps Mortkin wasn't one of those... things. Maybe he was just a man after all?"

Mortkin what a lad!

after avenging his lost family lets himself be killed so he can die a man and join them in the afterlife instead of becoming a daemon prince/everchosen
  • yolordmcswagyolordmcswag Registered Users Posts: 3,420
    Fossoway said:

Lord Mortkin is also one of the most chaos warrior characters around, bar maybe Archaon. Between Norsca and WoC, WoC has every single unit and army he is known for leading, while Norsca has exactly zero of them. Not to mention he abandoned Norsca long ago, the fell legion is his army from the wastes. Even his name is something he got in the wastes after he left Norsca.
  • sasori1548sasori1548 Registered Users Posts: 218
    edited January 16
    Im going to be honest here, i think that having tamurkhan and the faithless are both great options for norsca and here is why:

1- among Warriors of chaos LL's the best mortal representetive for nurgle is festus the leechlord. And for the Daemons of chaos nurgle would bring Kugeath the plaguefather. Tamurkhan is very likely to be left behind (its either him or festus) so in order for both of them to be in the game we need at least one of them as a norsca LL.

2- Norsca could really use an update.

Edit: Also i think that mammoths are actually from tamurkhan's book?
  • Ingr8Ingr8 Registered Users Posts: 1,638

Dreaming of mighty Lumbria

• _Mad_D0c__Mad_D0c_ Registered Users Posts: 1,440
    Beorg bearstruck for Norsca!
    Tamurkan for WoC nurgle aligned.
  • WyvaxWyvax Registered Users Posts: 3,972
    Tamurkhan is definitely a full blown Warriors of Chaos character, we need him coming in a LP with Toad Dragons, Plague Toads, Rot Knights and Putrid Blight Kings, against Elspeth Vond Drakken and the combined forces of Nuln. Festus the Leechlord as the accompanying FLC character would finish of Nurgle characters for WoC for good.

Sayl the Faithless does strike me as LP worthy, and although he does look rather chaos-y in aesthetic, is the defacto leader of the Dolgan tribe through his various schemings, murders and lip-service pacts with chaos gods and daemons (hence his title, 'the Faithless'). I think it's pretty safe to assume that the Kurgan and the Hung will be represented by the Norscan roster, which makes Sayl a prime choice for a 'Norsca' LP. He's a mage, something they are lacking in a LL, which also means they can include wizard lords in his LP, plus he provides an excellent new starting position for the Norscans on the far east edge of the WH3 and ME maps, on the border between the Chaos Wastes and the Great Steppes. Chuck some really hideous monsters in his LP, such as the Curs'd Ettin and Giant Spined Chaos plus some new filler units such as Hung Horse Archers and Dolgan Warriors (a middle ground between the basic marauders and the champions) and you've got a theme of the eastern barbarians and horrendous deformed monstrosities under him. My suggestion for a pairing would be against Vilitch the Curseling of the WoC. You see Tzeentch is not pleased with Sayl trying to two-time him and sends his champion out to settle the score. Vilitch in turn could bring Mutalith Vortex Beasts, Chaos Warshrines, and a skirmish unit of minor sorcerers mounted on Disks of Tzeentch, call them Acolytes or something similar, this brings a cavalry unit for each god in the game for the WoC. Accompanying FLC would be Egrimm Van Horstmann as he should be easier to create than Vilitich.

As far as further LLs for Norsca go, I'd say that Beorg Bearstruck has the most potential and priority, as he's a monstrous character that can focus on Skinwolves, Werebears if they're added and can bring us a monstrous lord type in the Ulfwerenar, (basically a lord tier Werekin). I'd pit him against a Dogs of War character personally as he's known to stomp around that area. Lord Mortkin makes a pretty good choice for a FLC character from a technical standpoint and could have a unique twist to the Chaos invasion dilemma of the race. Then of course, there's Harry the Hammer for the meme choice, (Surtha Ek must stay were he his).
    Tomes read: The Great Betrayal, Master of Dragons, Curse of the Phoenix Crown, Trollslayer, Skavenslayer, Daemonslayer, Dragonslayer, Beastslayer, Vampireslayer, Malekith, The Bloody Handed, Shadow King
    Bring back proper naval battles CA!!!
    Me when I see a LL character implemented as a LH.

• SaborSabor Registered Users Posts: 517

Fossoway said:

I just read his lore and the guy is a real badass. He really fits the whole theme of Norsca; being more human than the WoC and not choosing one particular god. I feel like his desire of vengeance against Oleg von Raukov (in lore) could easily be replaced by a more known Empire LL, like Kurt Helborg (you know for a Lord pack). It could also be really interesting to have a choice after the final battle; either staying King of the Norscans or rejecting Chaos altogether. Not sure what would be the bonuses (maybe if you reject Chaos, you gain the respect of Order factions, some kind of diplomatic restart in addition to big bonuses to human units, while accepting Chaos gives you big bonuses to monster units ?).

Fossoway said:

I 100% agree. If they ever decided to add more lords for Norsca I would love to see Lord Mortkin. Mortkin was an amazing tactician, a fierce warrior (he dueled valkia the bloody to a stand still before he was blessed with any demonic abilities), and overall a very solid character. By all accounts he had the empire defeated. A massive brayherd of beastmen were waiting in ambush for the imperial reinforcement's (which he predicted and had the beastmen lie in wait), demons from the chaos realm were clawing at reality anxious to unleash their fury, once more a massive warhost of warriors from the north heard of his conquest and were already sailing to join him.

Mortkin had just laid ruin to three empire cities, the chaos gods had chosen him to be their champion to bring ruination to the world, chaos energy coarsed through his veins. In his greatest moment of triumph he relinquished his dark gifts and said his vengeance was complete. Mortkin chose to die a man and offered no fight choosing to let the empires forces strike him down. Honestly there is very few characters I want more than Mortkin. Plus look at how glorious he is!

Aside from that Sayl the Faithless would be an excellent choice for a caster lord.
  • DeadpoolSWDeadpoolSW Registered Users Posts: 1,903
    My favourite's always been Egil Styrbjorn, though I know he wouldn't really add anything that different (although he could be given a mammoth mount and you could take Wulfrik's away in return).
    Nagash will rule again!

Justice for Chaos Dwarfs, Ogre Kingdoms, Araby, Albion, Amazons, Halflings, Nippon, Ind & the Hobgoblin Khanate!
  • TimpeyoTimpeyo Registered Users Posts: 1,651
    SaintCorn said:

Timpeyo said:

Units I'd quite like

Fimirach noble

Plague bearers
    Plague toads

Bile Troll
    worm-men
    Skin wolves
    Fimir
    War mamouth

That's an extremely strong Nurgle focus which makes sense due to Tamurkhan. I really like the ideas of just having very god-themed subfractions within Norsca. Sayl the Faithless is definitely an interesting character. Do you think Nightmaw would be a specific Legendary Hero, a special ROR, or just conjoined like Skarsnik and Gobbla?
    Thanks, Yeah I tried to not steal to much from DoC and WoC but have units from his book and RoR help alot. I think having Nightmaw like S&G would work but a LH or special monstrous unit just for him might be nice.

I understand what ppl are saying about Tamurkhan should be a WoC but I'd say Norsca was never a standalone army in TT and what CA have done is really interesting and the description of his army including mammoths and units from the north fits better for Norsca I feel.

WoC will also have alot off LLs choices too that I believe will be chosen above others like theses I'm hoping for festus for Nurgle.

Mortkin for Norsca I think is also a great choice but theses too would be my pick and very different, I also wouldn't mind them changing the army name to Northern Tribes if it sits better with ppl sounds like a good call and having it made up off separate factions

• MODIDDLY1MODIDDLY1 Registered Users Posts: 133
    Because Norsca has been partially separated from WoC, I would rather minor Norsca characters be built up for Norsca rather than get the sloppy seconds that aren't good enough for the WoC. Characters like Hildr, Cormac, Birna, Knut.

I know many would say that "Those are too minor" but they are actually Norscans that are loyal to Norsca rather than WoC characters that are just not good enough to be WoC
  • PoorManatee6197PoorManatee6197 Registered Users Posts: 1,067

Fossoway said:

I think Norsca with Mortkin would be perfect to finally add Emil Valgeir and the cult of Ulric units. Change the story a bit and you have Emil leading a Ulrican crusade in the hearth of Norsca, there he destrois the home of Mortkin wich causes him to come back from the chaos wastes and take vengeance on the crusaders.
    #MakeDwarfsGreatAgain Josef Bugman, Thorek Ironbrow, Alrik Ranulfsson, Grimm Burloksson, Kazador Thunderhorn, Byrrnoth Grundadrakk, Malakai Makaisson, Gotrek Gurnisson, Garagrim, Dragon slayer, Deamon slayer, Doomseekers, Brotherhood of Grimnir, Giant slayers, Thunderbarge, Shieldbearer mount, Master brewer, Goblin Hewer, Norse dwarf war mammoth, Tractator engine, Rune golem, Shard dragon, proper Anvil of Doom, Ulther's dragon company, Lond Drong's slayer pirates, Everguard, Karak Varn, Karag Agrilwutraz, Silver Pinacle, Karag Dum, Karak Vlag, Kraka Dorden, Kraka Ornsmotek, Kraka Ravnsvake, Karak Vrag, Karak Azorn, Karak Krakaten.

All those missing things are grudges in the great book, is in your hand to settle them, CA. Khazukan kazakit-ha!
  • TimpeyoTimpeyo Registered Users Posts: 1,651
    edited January 16
    SaintCorn said:

Timpeyo said:

Units I'd quite like

Fimirach noble

Plague bearers
    Plague toads

Bile Troll
    worm-men
    Skin wolves
    Fimir
    War mamouth

Thanks, yeah I tried use mostly Nurgle forces from his book and RoR units help alot. I'd prob go with them being like S&G but I wouldn't mind Nightmaw being a LH or Unit just for him.

I do think Tamurkhan fits better for Norsca than WoC considering his story and army with his war mammoths and as Norsca was never a army on TT I think an argument can be made for both. I'd much more prefer Festus for WoC.

Mortkin is also a great choice theses two are still my top pick tho and I wouldn't mind if they changed the name to Northern Tribes if it would make ppl happier

• RamsesIIIRamsesIII Registered Users Posts: 405
    Lord Mortkin would be a bit odd considering the chaos gods wouldn't have needed Archaon if Mortkin hadn't chosen to to turn his back on them the moment he got his revenge (well, at least the Empire wouldn't be a problem anymore, the survival of the other races would be debatable but the moment you beat the main human issue I'm guessing things would only snowball from there) so it might be a bit weird to have him there even if we have other characters that should be dead. That being said, he's pretty damn cool so if they do add him I'd be quite fine with him. Still would like to have Sayl the Faithless first, being a caster LL and having a history of manipulating/betraying greater daemons and the chaos gods which could make for a fun spin on the allegiance to the gods mechanic.