Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

LLs id Like for Norsca

2»

Comments

• FossowayFossoway Registered Users Posts: 4,205
    RamsesIII said:

Lord Mortkin would be a bit odd considering the chaos gods wouldn't have needed Archaon if Mortkin hadn't chosen to to turn his back on them the moment he got his revenge (well, at least the Empire wouldn't be a problem anymore, the survival of the other races would be debatable but the moment you beat the main human issue I'm guessing things would only snowball from there) so it might be a bit weird to have him there even if we have other characters that should be dead. That being said, he's pretty damn cool so if they do add him I'd be quite fine with him. Still would like to have Sayl the Faithless first, being a caster LL and having a history of manipulating/betraying greater daemons and the chaos gods which could make for a fun spin on the allegiance to the gods mechanic.

At this point, I don't think anyone doubts the potential of Sayl as a Norsca LL. I just think he's better off as FLC, and should leave the DLC spotlight to a better known/more popular character.
  • mecanojavi99mecanojavi99 Registered Users Posts: 785
    Timpeyo said:

SaintCorn said:

Timpeyo said:

There are two LLs I'd like most for Norsca with a LP most likely during or after game threes release. One off which is aligned to a certain God, which I know goes against their campaign right now but for game three I'm sure they will have a new end game.

Having one new Lord who stands apart as a Norsca/DoC hybrid could add something a little different.

The two I most want to see you probably can guess are Tamurkhan and Sayl the Faithless

Tamurkhan would be the main adversary for a LP bringing a new creature in the form off Bubebolos his Toad Dragon with possable ranged attacks as a fairly swift heavy hitter

Sayl the Faithless as the Flc with his unique Spawn Nightmaw and the First Spellcaster LL for them

Units I'd quite like

A Shaman-Sorcerer Lord choice with range off magic

Possable hero choices Rotbringer/Nurgle sorcerer
    Fimirach noble

Savage Dolgans, maybe using the frame/animation off the new female wardancers

curs'd ettin, Rune-Callers version with spells from Shadow, Death

Kayzks Rot knights as a armoured cavalry choice

Plague Ogres, maybe having some mutation inhancment for armour sundering or a ranged type attack

Perhaps Deamon units just available for Tamurkhan, maybe as summons
    Plague bearers
    Plague toads

Possable Nurgle RoR versions off the following units for Tamurkhan
    Bile Troll
    worm-men
    Marauders champion/hunter
    Skin wolves
    Fimir
    War mamouth

I know Norsca are in a good place army wise but having some Spellcasters and Nurgle varients could be alot of fun

That's an extremely strong Nurgle focus which makes sense due to Tamurkhan. I really like the ideas of just having very god-themed subfractions within Norsca. Sayl the Faithless is definitely an interesting character. Do you think Nightmaw would be a specific Legendary Hero, a special ROR, or just conjoined like Skarsnik and Gobbla?
    Thanks, Yeah I tried to not steal to much from DoC and WoC but have units from his book and RoR help alot. I think having Nightmaw like S&G would work but a LH or special monstrous unit just for him might be nice.

I understand what ppl are saying about Tamurkhan should be a WoC but I'd say Norsca was never a standalone army in TT and what CA have done is really interesting and the description of his army including mammoths and units from the north fits better for Norsca I feel.

WoC will also have alot off LLs choices too that I believe will be chosen above others like theses I'm hoping for festus for Nurgle.

Mortkin for Norsca I think is also a great choice but theses too would be my pick and very different, I also wouldn't mind them changing the army name to Northern Tribes if it sits better with ppl sounds like a good call and having it made up off separate factions
    I personally see potential in God aligned LL for Norsca, specially because they don't need to change the god aligment too much, instead of choosing between the gods, you instead choose one aspect from that God to follow.

For example, Thamurkhan is a follower of Nurgle, so you would choose one aspect of Nurgle to favour over the others, for example death, the idea that Nurgle represents the death of all things, so if you choose to follow this path you get a different reward that if you had chosen another aspect of Nurgle, like the aspect of plague and disease, and this could be done with other god aligned LL from Norsca, like Egil for Khorne.
  • Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,388
    Beorg Bearstruck is a must have, and he’d be great for introducing a were-kin lord.
  • Gatinho_ExplosivoGatinho_Explosivo Registered Users Posts: 68
    edited January 17
    Another vote for Sayl.

He's a Kurgan, which means he'll have a very different starting position and we get to represent a major group of chaos tribesmen that isn't Norscans.

He's a shaman-sorcerer, not another melee or monster lord.

And he's unaligned, which fits best with the current Norscan (which can be renamed to Northmen Tribes or whatever) mechanics and he won't be stealing LLs from Chaos since he doesn't fit them.
  • TimpeyoTimpeyo Registered Users Posts: 1,651

Timpeyo said:

SaintCorn said:

Timpeyo said:

There are two LLs I'd like most for Norsca with a LP most likely during or after game threes release. One off which is aligned to a certain God, which I know goes against their campaign right now but for game three I'm sure they will have a new end game.

Having one new Lord who stands apart as a Norsca/DoC hybrid could add something a little different.

The two I most want to see you probably can guess are Tamurkhan and Sayl the Faithless

Tamurkhan would be the main adversary for a LP bringing a new creature in the form off Bubebolos his Toad Dragon with possable ranged attacks as a fairly swift heavy hitter

Sayl the Faithless as the Flc with his unique Spawn Nightmaw and the First Spellcaster LL for them

Units I'd quite like

A Shaman-Sorcerer Lord choice with range off magic

Possable hero choices Rotbringer/Nurgle sorcerer
    Fimirach noble

Savage Dolgans, maybe using the frame/animation off the new female wardancers

curs'd ettin, Rune-Callers version with spells from Shadow, Death

Kayzks Rot knights as a armoured cavalry choice

Plague Ogres, maybe having some mutation inhancment for armour sundering or a ranged type attack

Perhaps Deamon units just available for Tamurkhan, maybe as summons
    Plague bearers
    Plague toads

Possable Nurgle RoR versions off the following units for Tamurkhan
    Bile Troll
    worm-men
    Marauders champion/hunter
    Skin wolves
    Fimir
    War mamouth

I know Norsca are in a good place army wise but having some Spellcasters and Nurgle varients could be alot of fun

That's an extremely strong Nurgle focus which makes sense due to Tamurkhan. I really like the ideas of just having very god-themed subfractions within Norsca. Sayl the Faithless is definitely an interesting character. Do you think Nightmaw would be a specific Legendary Hero, a special ROR, or just conjoined like Skarsnik and Gobbla?
    Thanks, Yeah I tried to not steal to much from DoC and WoC but have units from his book and RoR help alot. I think having Nightmaw like S&G would work but a LH or special monstrous unit just for him might be nice.

I understand what ppl are saying about Tamurkhan should be a WoC but I'd say Norsca was never a standalone army in TT and what CA have done is really interesting and the description of his army including mammoths and units from the north fits better for Norsca I feel.

WoC will also have alot off LLs choices too that I believe will be chosen above others like theses I'm hoping for festus for Nurgle.

Mortkin for Norsca I think is also a great choice but theses too would be my pick and very different, I also wouldn't mind them changing the army name to Northern Tribes if it sits better with ppl sounds like a good call and having it made up off separate factions
    I personally see potential in God aligned LL for Norsca, specially because they don't need to change the god aligment too much, instead of choosing between the gods, you instead choose one aspect from that God to follow.

For example, Thamurkhan is a follower of Nurgle, so you would choose one aspect of Nurgle to favour over the others, for example death, the idea that Nurgle represents the death of all things, so if you choose to follow this path you get a different reward that if you had chosen another aspect of Nurgle, like the aspect of plague and disease, and this could be done with other god aligned LL from Norsca, like Egil for Khorne.
    Interesting sounds like a great way to distinguish them, I really hope a big change comes for Norsca come game three

• WyvaxWyvax Registered Users Posts: 3,972
    edited January 17
    Of note is the character Ulricsson Haargald, a giant Norscan who leads an even more extreme version of the Cult of Ulric from a cave system in the heart of Norsca. While he definitely doesn't have priority as he's a Helman Ghorst tier character, he'd be a really interesting way to get a 'good guy' Norscan faction into the game, likely losing the truly Chaotic creatures in exchange for some Imperial and Kislevite units and providing a force of order in the north as an ally for Nakai, the Empire and Kislev; plus the dude is just really cool, (pun intended). The concept is just extremely intriguing and I hope to see him and his faction, 'The Order of the Winter Throne' added to the game someday in an official capacity.
    Tomes read: The Great Betrayal, Master of Dragons, Curse of the Phoenix Crown, Trollslayer, Skavenslayer, Daemonslayer, Dragonslayer, Beastslayer, Vampireslayer, Malekith, The Bloody Handed, Shadow King
    Bring back proper naval battles CA!!!
    Me when I see a LL character implemented as a LH.

• AscythianAscythian Registered Users Posts: 86
    edited January 17
    More Norsca LL's and Units

For the TLDR version.

Skaeling - Egil Styrbjorn
    Sarl - Gutrot Spume
    Aesling - Valkia the Bloody
    Graeling - Scyla Anfingrimm

Plus a choice of various LL's for a 7th LL below those 4 main candidates.

Yes there are loreful explanations. Yes they do all come from Norsca.
  • GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 5,609
    Ascythian said:

For the TLDR version.

Sarl - Gutrot Spume

Valkia makes literally no sense for Norsca, and would be a slap in the face for WoC fans. She literally butchered her own tribe after she returned to the mortal world. She is no more a Norscan candidate for a LL than Archaon is a candidate for being an Empire LL, just because he was raised in the Empire and was, as I recall, a Sigmarite Templar.

Honestly I think minor undivided characters are the way to go for Norsca, leave the big boys for WoC (and maybe Monos if they come), where they belong.
    edited January 17
    Goatforce said:

Ascythian said:

For the TLDR version.

Sarl - Gutrot Spume

Valkia makes literally no sense for Norsca, and would be a slap in the face for WoC fans. She literally butchered her own tribe after she returned to the mortal world. She is no more a Norscan candidate for a LL than Archaon is a candidate for being an Empire LL, just because he was raised in the Empire and was, as I recall, a Sigmarite Templar.

Honestly I think minor undivided characters are the way to go for Norsca, leave the big boys for WoC (and maybe Monos if they come), where they belong.
    This. The reason why Lord Mortkin has such a big following as Norscan LL, even though he commanded a combined hosts of Chaos, is because he was all about personal honor, hearth and home and all that, and he specifically refused to become the next everchosen, choosing to die as a man rather than as a pawn of the daemon gods. In contrast, Valkia, Scyla and others have long forsaken their humanity, passed the moral event horizon, and to speak in theological terms here, are quite literally damned to and by Chaos.
    Tomes read: The Great Betrayal, Master of Dragons, Curse of the Phoenix Crown, Trollslayer, Skavenslayer, Daemonslayer, Dragonslayer, Beastslayer, Vampireslayer, Malekith, The Bloody Handed, Shadow King

• CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 9,839
    Any idea that puts god-aligned units into Norsca roster is nonsensical to me. It goes against the entire point of Norsca, imo.

Sayl and Beorg are the two that fit it the best. A shapeshifter LL and a spellcaster LL make for a nice quartet to finish off Norsca. Keep god aligned for races that are actually meant to have god aligned stuff, not the only purely non-aligned Chaos race in the game.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 9,839
    edited January 18
    Fossoway said:

RamsesIII said:

Lord Mortkin would be a bit odd considering the chaos gods wouldn't have needed Archaon if Mortkin hadn't chosen to to turn his back on them the moment he got his revenge (well, at least the Empire wouldn't be a problem anymore, the survival of the other races would be debatable but the moment you beat the main human issue I'm guessing things would only snowball from there) so it might be a bit weird to have him there even if we have other characters that should be dead. That being said, he's pretty damn cool so if they do add him I'd be quite fine with him. Still would like to have Sayl the Faithless first, being a caster LL and having a history of manipulating/betraying greater daemons and the chaos gods which could make for a fun spin on the allegiance to the gods mechanic.

At this point, I don't think anyone doubts the potential of Sayl as a Norsca LL. I just think he's better off as FLC, and should leave the DLC spotlight to a better known/more popular character.
    I don't know, based on what units I've surmised could fit Norsca, they mostly thematically fit with Sayl.

Curs'd Ettin are a reminder for what happens to those who betray the gods, like Sayl does(regularly).

A Fimir lord choice, which are cyclopean, like Sayl is after being mutated(kinda meh explanation but you know, close enough).

Or a caster lord choice, like, again, Sayl is.

I think Flayerkin fit, which might not make sense as much but meh, mutated humans or such, like Sayl is.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

Crossil said:

Fossoway said:

RamsesIII said:

I don't know, based on what units I've surmised could fit Norsca, they mostly thematically fit with Sayl.

Curs'd Ettin are a reminder for what happens to those who betray the gods, like Sayl does(regularly).

A Fimir lord choice, which are cyclopean, like Sayl is after being mutated(kinda meh explanation but you know, close enough).

Or a caster lord choice, like, again, Sayl is.

I think Flayerkin fit, which might not make sense as much but meh, mutated humans or such, like Sayl is.
    Sayl's also got a connection to chaos spawn as well, and while Gigantic Chaos Spawn are probably too much for Norsca, the Giant Spined Chaos Beast is a similar enough creature that's conservative enough in design to fit Norsca's Chaos lite look.

• mecanojavi99mecanojavi99 Registered Users Posts: 785
    Another possible addition could be a version of horse masters, but riding cold ones, unique to a LL starting in Skeggi, and my pic for that would be Drenok Johansen, a norscan who went to Lustria in search of his deamon possesed father, and being that Skeggi changes leader as soon as a stronger Norscan appears, it would not be a big stretch.

• MrDragonMrDragon Registered Users Posts: 1,719
    The next Norsca LL should be a Fimir Meargh LL. Caster, unique silhouette, generic lord of the same type, fits the roster, doesn't steal from Chaos lords (though they have so many it wouldn't matter much) and shines some love on one of the few and genuinely interesting unique creature designs of GW.

I don't care if she's made up or not, though I recall there being at least one Fimir Meargh that has a name in lore.

And FFS, take that opportunity to retcon how they reproduce, even the guys who came up with that say it's embarrassing.
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 17,690
    I would prefer if Norsca remains undivided. In my opinion, Sayl and Beorg would be the ideal LLs for Norsca.