Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

The reason we need nagash

MattockMattock Registered Users Posts: 279
As a big fan of the lore I mostly enjoy playing in my campaigns in a lorefreindly way.the issue I've made for myself here is that if you go lore friendly, there are no evil world empire builders. Believe me I know this is stupid way to behave for a sandbox game.

Now if you're talking about factions that in the lore want world domination theres the lizardmen, chaos and maybe greenskins. The other factions are mostly content conquering thier own regions or nearby such as naggaroth and ulthuan for DE, worlds edge mountains for dwarfs, or the empire for, well, the empire.

Sadly, chaos is a horde and greenskins dont really fit the dark empire builder you can see in other fantasy settings like sauron.

This leads me to Nagash, the only character I can think of that wants to be an evil dude rulling the world and not destroying it. Even the VC are mostly content with rolling the empire in the lore.

So if only to scratch my itch of having a lore friendly, evil conquer the world playthrough, can we get nagash at some point.

Comments

• SaintCornSaintCorn Registered Users Posts: 570
    Nagash should also be included for his fantastic choice in hats. No other evil character has as many nice hats as Nagash.
  • TemudhunTemudhun Member Registered Users Posts: 505
    The VC are content wit the Empire because they never managed to conquer it despite repeated attempts. Otherwise, I'm sure Vlad or Mannfred (but especially Vlad) would not be satisfied until they achieved world domination.
  • PPerunPPerun Registered Users Posts: 145
    Temudhun said:

The VC are content wit the Empire because they never managed to conquer it despite repeated attempts. Otherwise, I'm sure Vlad or Mannfred (but especially Vlad) would not be satisfied until they achieved world domination.

Absolutely
    Literally today I have finished the Carstein world conquest and I cannot recall how many times I have heard "I will enslave the world!" :)

Also: Arkhan
  • Ingr8Ingr8 Registered Users Posts: 1,642
    Yes we need him, exactly as he is here!

#AllOtherVersionsAreFakes
    #TheOneTrueMiniature
    Dreaming of mighty Lumbria

• GreenColouredGreenColoured Registered Users Posts: 1,651
    Kinda preaching to the choir here
  • yolordmcswagyolordmcswag Registered Users Posts: 3,467
    edited January 16
    Dark elves undoubtedly fit the world domination theme, more so than greenskins and chaos. Sure, their main goal is Ulthuan, but they would not stop there. Their motto is basicaly "The world should be ruled by us, or burn".

Skaven also want world domination, and Settra does too, his whole thing is that he likes conquering and ruling stuff.

Edit: Mannfred and Arkhan would also want world domination. Vlad wants to rule the empire first, but he would probably try to expand if he got the throne, and at the very least conquer all human nations.
  • DeadpoolSWDeadpoolSW Registered Users Posts: 1,918
    If you want a Sauron-esque dark empire builder, you will get it and they're called the Chaos Dwarfs. Though they do share one big thing with Nagash- a love of a big hat.
    Nagash will rule again!

Justice for Chaos Dwarfs, Ogre Kingdoms, Araby, Albion, Amazons, Halflings, Nippon, Ind & the Hobgoblin Khanate!
  • RomeoRejectRomeoReject Registered Users Posts: 1,865
    Mattock said:

As a big fan of the lore I mostly enjoy playing in my campaigns in a lorefreindly way.the issue I've made for myself here is that if you go lore friendly, there are no evil world empire builders. Believe me I know this is stupid way to behave for a sandbox game.

Excepting Vampire Counts, Chaos Dwarves, Dark Elves and Skaven.
  • MattockMattock Registered Users Posts: 279

Mattock said:

Vampire counts have wanted to dominate small regions of the world like nehekara and the empire, and chaos dwarves have never wanted to conquer the world, but kill the dwarfs and gather slaves. Skaven do want to conquer the world I admit, but they're so fractious that non of the individual factions leaders goals are going for world domination. lore wise Skreech Verminking is probably the only skaven faction leader whose primary goal is WORLD domination.
  • Wargol5Wargol5 Registered Users Posts: 1,342
    "The world will be transformed into a ghastly necropolis of mindless and unliving slaves, ruled over by the iron will of the Vampire Counts."
    - Vampire Counts armybook

Vampires totally qualify for a world conquest. Some individuals are not interested by a world conquest but some others definitely are.

I'm not sure it's good idea to bring Nagash, by the time of the game, this guy had become more like a god than a man.
  • RomeoRejectRomeoReject Registered Users Posts: 1,865
    Mattock said:

Mattock said:

Vampire counts have wanted to dominate small regions of the world like nehekara and the empire, and chaos dwarves have never wanted to conquer the world, but kill the dwarfs and gather slaves. Skaven do want to conquer the world I admit, but they're so fractious that non of the individual factions leaders goals are going for world domination. lore wise Skreech Verminking is probably the only skaven faction leader whose primary goal is WORLD domination.
    Plenty of Vampire Counts want to take over the world. Hell, of the Vampire Counts Characters we have in game, literally all of them either want that themselves, or work directly for someone who does. Chaos Dwarves would happily take over the world if they could, but they're simply too small of a population for that to be a viable option this early on. And Skaven wanting but failing to take over the world is no different than Nagash, so I'm not sure why it works for him but not them in this example.
  • PilthoidPilthoid Registered Users Posts: 269
    Skarsnik has the best hat.

I want to play as Nagash real bad though. And if he DOES have a awesome hat then more power to him!

Also want to play as Thanquol.

• YakintonYakinton Registered Users Posts: 381
    Ingr8 said:

Yes we need him, exactly as he is here!

#AllOtherVersionsAreFakes
    #TheOneTrueMiniature

Eeewwww that's a disgustingly ugly model
  • Ingr8Ingr8 Registered Users Posts: 1,642
    Yakinton said:

Heresy! That is the one true Nagash that you are disrespecting.

You deserve a Yakslapping for that:

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/The_Yakslapper
    Dreaming of mighty Lumbria

• WyvaxWyvax Registered Users Posts: 4,011
    Wargol5 said:

"The world will be transformed into a ghastly necropolis of mindless and unliving slaves, ruled over by the iron will of the Vampire Counts."
    - Vampire Counts armybook

Vampires totally qualify for a world conquest. Some individuals are not interested by a world conquest but some others definitely are.

I'm not sure it's good idea to bring Nagash, by the time of the game, this guy had become more like a god than a man.

Still not as powerful as 'break up a super continent with his mind on a whim' Mazdamundi; even during the ET, and look where he is now.
    Tomes read: The Great Betrayal, Master of Dragons, Curse of the Phoenix Crown, Trollslayer, Skavenslayer, Daemonslayer, Dragonslayer, Beastslayer, Vampireslayer, Malekith, The Bloody Handed, Shadow King
    Bring back proper naval battles CA!!!
    Me when I see a LL character implemented as a LH.

• YakintonYakinton Registered Users Posts: 381
    Ingr8 said:

Yakinton said:

Heresy! That is the one true Nagash that you are disrespecting.

You deserve a Yakslapping for that:

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/The_Yakslapper
    Haha! As long as I get the ET version of Nagash, I'll happily take lots of yakslappings :p