Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

would you play total war age of sigmar?

Sparkwarrior777Sparkwarrior777 Registered Users Posts: 212
I would personally prefer total war Warhammer 40k, but I wouldn't be super anti an age of sigma. I know the hate it gets. I dislike it as well. But the factions looks really cool in it. And it wouldn't be that hard to create as the majority of the assets are created in the Warhammer trilogy. the story and map would be the issue thought as the age of sigmar is split into realms. the game could just take place on the interaction plane of the these realms though. Thoughts?

Comments

• Qwerty55Qwerty55 Registered Users Posts: 686
    I find the lore boring and uninteresting but I would 100% definitely still play it. It still needs quite a few years to cook though, right now it's more of a weird parody of Fantasy than it's own setting. Many factions are still missing while others are just regurgitated Fantasy ones.
  • Sparkwarrior777Sparkwarrior777 Registered Users Posts: 212
    Qwerty55 said:

I find the lore boring and uninteresting but I would 100% definitely still play it. It still needs quite a few years to cook though, right now it's more of a weird parody of Fantasy than it's own setting. Many factions are still missing while others are just regurgitated Fantasy ones.

the motivation could be that GW give CA all the faction designs so they can add them to the game. That way generating hype for the table top once they release the armies. Just spit balling but I think its a possible investment seeing as Warhammer trilogy has basically Resuscitated Warhammer fantasy.
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 12,233
    Age of Sigmar is currently not different enough from old school fantasy. Still far too much crossover. It needs another 5-10 years of development before I could consider it unique enough.
    "As a sandbox game everyone, without exception, should be able to play the game exactly as they see fit and that means providing the maximum scope possible." - ~UNiOnJaCk~
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 21,061
    No.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain
  • Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,419
    Why would I when I can play TWW?
  • veresh1989veresh1989 Russia, Saint-PetersburgRegistered Users Posts: 3,706
    I will continue to play TWW. AoS doesn't exist for me.

• PilthoidPilthoid Registered Users Posts: 269
    No because they have restarted Warhammer Fantasy again so it wouldn't be needed. Just keep going with Warhammer Fantasy- leave the Sigmar out of it.
  • hendo1592hendo1592 Registered Users Posts: 1,970
    I wouldn’t mind an extension pack and perhaps a campaign Mode (turn on/off option) that shows time progression (through turns and tech tree) Rewrite the end times.

Go Bills!!!!
  • SaborSabor Registered Users Posts: 519
    I can't say that I would, they did Warhammer fantasy dirty and on principal I just couldn't. That being said it would be so much harder to balance. AoS has literal gods on the battlefield, it would essentially become bring a god to unlock your "I win" button.
  • Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 4,498
    At this point, no, there is no appeal to it over what Total War Warhammer will (should) have, by the time its complete.
    Knights of Bretonnia

• Wardaddy016Wardaddy016 Registered Users Posts: 86
  • KayosivKayosiv Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,727
    dge1 said:

No.

%$#@ No.
    Space Frontier is a sci-fi themed board game I've designed for 2-4 players. Please take a look and enjoy our free Print-and-Play at FreezeDriedGames.com

If you have any questions about tactics or mechanics in Total War Warhammer multiplayer, feel free to PM me.
  • VeldrinarVeldrinar Registered Users Posts: 190
    How would that even work? I'm no AoS expert by any means, but isn't the setting taking place in what is essentially a steaming hot mess of multiple dimensions? Also armies in the trillions? Also actual, literal gods?
  • DendrofielDendrofiel Registered Users Posts: 101
    I agree that the joint venture has been very satisfying and when Warhammer 3 will come to an end it will be sad. I was thinking about the same, but ultimately I doubt it. I agree that it lacks an appealing map, unique units and overall appeal. I can imagine CA and GW want to further their succesfull coöperation, I doubt where this would be. 40k is a nice idea, but I dont see it working in how Total War games have been forever. Maybe GW can mediate with the Tolkien Estate for a lotr game. Maybe we get like a Seven Kingdoms saga. Or maybe we wont see another Warhammer Total War for like 10 years untill the next trilogy after the rereleased TableTop is developed.

Either way, apart from the Asia games. Im exited for everything
  • GettoGeckoGettoGecko Registered Users Posts: 1,175
    Sure, but appart form some units and diffent maps I don't see too much differences to TWW. Like you I would prefer TWW40K.
  • ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 4,636
    I would pretty much play any total war game with emphasis on fantasy/sci-fi.

"Yum Yum"
  • SakuraHeinzSakuraHeinz Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,976
    No because all the factions and the setting is completely unintresting to me, there is a slaanesh faction I like but I dont want to fight enemies that look like kids toys :D
  • Qwerty55Qwerty55 Registered Users Posts: 686
    I didn't know so many people wouldn't be interested in an AOS Total War, I only said yes because I was afraid a certain forum user would have a fit if I said otherwise. Honestly would rather have a 40k total war (probably wouldn't work) or just go back to Historical. It's been awhile since CA made a good historical total war.
  • VeldrinarVeldrinar Registered Users Posts: 190
    Qwerty55 said:

I didn't know so many people wouldn't be interested in an AOS Total War, I only said yes because I was afraid a certain forum user would have a fit if I said otherwise. Honestly would rather have a 40k total war (probably wouldn't work) or just go back to Historical. It's been awhile since CA made a good historical total war.

I struggle to picture how a 40k total war would work, but I mean...focused on control over a single planet maybe? Might just be my Dark Crusade nostalgia talking here, but I think the potential is definitely there.
  • doclumbagodoclumbago Registered Users Posts: 1,828
    A careful yes on this one.
    I like the AoS Ghost faction and their Nightgobbos
  • MrDragonMrDragon Registered Users Posts: 1,773
    I would play it, and it might make the lore intelligible and coherent with CA putting in the effort to present it better.
  • MurmurlockMurmurlock Registered Users Posts: 300
    Space marine is fantasy, thanks, but no. I hate their design in 40k and i dislike it in AoS. I prefer to see the strugling between normal men and chaos horrors, without some terminators in shiny armor. Also there is no Bretonia, Empire, Kislev and Wood Elves, so again no.
    From Kislev with Poorgrammar. :)
  • doclumbagodoclumbago Registered Users Posts: 1,828

Also there is no Bretonia, Empire, Kislev and Wood Elves, so again no.

yet...
  • NinjipplesNinjipples Registered Users Posts: 767
    No, i was a WFB fan since I started high school. I started in 6th ed and was going string right up until end times ruined everything and crushed my dreams for the franchise. When AoS came out the lore was just stupid
  • KuntingWarriorKuntingWarrior Registered Users Posts: 1,743

I would personally prefer total war Warhammer 40k, but I wouldn't be super anti an age of sigma. I know the hate it gets. I dislike it as well. But the factions looks really cool in it. And it wouldn't be that hard to create as the majority of the assets are created in the Warhammer trilogy. the story and map would be the issue thought as the age of sigmar is split into realms. the game could just take place on the interaction plane of the these realms though. Thoughts?

Total war 40k is just unrealistic in the fact CA would literally have to make a completely different kind of game.
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 10,615
    Yes, I would love to see Idoneth Deepkin in action.
    animacja-sygn-3.gif

• LepingLeping Registered Users Posts: 173
  • MadDemiurgMadDemiurg Registered Users Posts: 3,629
    It's gonna be a bit tricky in terms of factions as each roster is pretty small, but can be mixed with allied factions. Also there's a bunch of legacy fantasy stuff that just doesn't fit the new setting. Provided these issues are somehow addressed I don't see why not.

Team Daemons of Chaos

Team Skaven

Team Orcs & Goblins

• Man2008kindMan2008kind Bucharest, RomaniaRegistered Users Posts: 1,039
    No. I'd sooner take a new, completley different setting (like LOTR) over a Total War: WARHAMMER reskin.
  • damon40000damon40000 Registered Users Posts: 290
    No
    BsFG dwarf