Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

I'm not impressed at all by how CA have treated this game

Bright_EyesBright_Eyes Registered Users Posts: 748
I have no problems with the DLC. They take time to make. There's only so much they can say beyond giving us a roadmap. They would probably just say 'we are working on it'. I get it.

But the way the bugs have been left to rot is absolutely disgraceful and we honestly deserve a formal apology from CA. Mandate of Heaven is completely and utterly broken. Now I don't care so much about that scenario and kind of hope CA just leaves it because it's a burning wreck, but I've never bought a DLC which is such a buggy mess. It's scandalous when you think about it.

But even putting that atrocious DLC aside, the complete radio silence regarding a patch fix after A Furious WIld is completely unacceptable. The game is broken in many ways and has been documented countless times by players on these forums and on Steam. Now I can forgive a game being buggy when DLC comes out. But the DLC released FOUR MONTHS ago and we have heard absolutely nothing.

This is absolutely pathetic and before anyone says it's just us hardcore fans on the forums, go read some Steam reviews of A Furious Wild. This is affecting all of us.

Comments

• ShiroAmakusa75ShiroAmakusa75 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 29,138
    After two posts where you basically reveal what your problems actually are, I can't help but smell the sour grapes.

• CrimsomriderCrimsomrider Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 29
    I sure hope there's a huge patch with fixes coming soon.

Three Kingdoms is by far my most favorite Total War (and I've played them all) and I loved the Nanman DLC, but unfortunately yes it introduced so many bugs which directly affected the main game. A lot of these bugs are reported to the Support section, however ever since the DLC released there hasn't been any sort of update at all for months now.

I really want to play the game again, but not in this state, so I really hope a mega-patch will come sometime soon to fix all the issues.
  • Whiskeyjack_5691Whiskeyjack_5691 Registered Users Posts: 3,977
    I think the negligent (almost non-existent) support for Chapter Packs after they've been released should be raising some serious questions about how interested CA is in supporting 3K.

Chapter Packs seem intended to be the Bread & Butter DLC for 3K. But why would I be encouraged to spend money on any more Chapter Packs when all of my previous experiences with them so far lead me to believe that they're going to be either buggy or unbalanced at release? Not only that, but all indications are that they won't be properly fixed at any point in the future, but rather just left to rot until they're hardly playable barely 6 months later.

They didn't fix Eight Princes, Mandate of Heaven, or A World Betrayed, and those campaigns are hardly playable now. So why should I believe future Chapter Packs will be any different?
  • IchonIchon Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,317
    edited January 21
    It is hard for me to believe the Chapter Pack DLC has been successful in the way CA wanted/expected and that is partially the reason for the lack of support combined with CA upheaval in production/QA due to Covid issues where normally even an unsuccessful product will get minimum support due to maintaining brand quality vs zero support which I don't think 3K has reached but it does feel somewhere between zero and the absolute minimum at the present time.
    YouTube, it takes over your mind and guides you to strange places like tutorials on how to talk to a giraffe.
  • RyanLuiRyanLui Registered Users Posts: 126
    They have to update their other games but its honestly disappointing to leave this game with bugs. It could take even more time because of the troy dlc. Maybe another month or two for a trailer then a release date.

This patch better be huge for the amount of time we waited. I wish for more unique generals.
  • Vin362Vin362 Registered Users Posts: 627
    In the case of A World Betrayed least the issues are mostly with Sun Ce and Lu Bu's faction mechanics compared to the Mandate of Heaven where the core mechanic fervour was broken for months (and probably still is I only play it for Zhang Jue), as for the Eight Princes the only bug I am aware of is issues with the emperor having emperor Xian's portrait.

It is sad that bug fixes for chapter packs are rare because chapter packs are the best way to add factions and characters to Three Kingdoms as in my opinion there is not much that you can do with the base game's starting date.
    Supporter of Shu-Han, Waiting for a Three Kingdoms start date for TW3K
  • ComradCommodoreComradCommodore Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 682
    Whiskey pretty much said it all

It's discouraging the absolute silence that has occured , but also pretty troubling that previous DLCs simply haven't been fixed.

My assumptions are either

A.
    They bit off too much they could chew, juggling WH DLC releases (I get it, WH players pay $ for basically nothing, make your money CA you do you) , TK release/bug fixing, and for some reason deciding to release another game in Troy and everything that comes with that. They have to split their crews between 3 games, and that causes problems I'd imagine?

B.
    They are rethinking the Chapter Pack approach, as the releases are a bug mess, and I get the feeling that many simply want the original 190 start to be smoothed out (unique generals across the board exc)

C.
    They are actually working on a giant massive update that will fix everything minor and massive (move that fricken mountain to it's correct spot!) trolling us by not speaking about this, because we are all ungrateful, and we will all be happy with this update whenever it randomly drops (this is the most unlikely scenario)

D.
    (Tin foil hat time)
    The company as a whole wants to move in the direction of the WH style of game (fantasy) and is abandoning TK under the idea of "Not enough people play TK, WH player #s are always high, and we rake in that sweet sweet DLC cash for creating a Lord pack that offers a different looking elf for 20$, let's make WH3 and make that sweet $$$$$$$$$$"

Idk, I'm not really happy right now with the way this is going lol
  • MasterSlayeXMasterSlayeX Registered Users Posts: 464
    Vin362 said:

In the case of A World Betrayed least the issues are mostly with Sun Ce and Lu Bu's faction mechanics compared to the Mandate of Heaven where the core mechanic fervour was broken for months (and probably still is I only play it for Zhang Jue), as for the Eight Princes the only bug I am aware of is issues with the emperor having emperor Xian's portrait.

It is sad that bug fixes for chapter packs are rare because chapter packs are the best way to add factions and characters to Three Kingdoms as in my opinion there is not much that you can do with the base game's starting date.

I mean there’s still many generics or non playable ones like han sui who could be worked for the 190 scenario

Same with other cultures like the northern tribes or the Shanyue .

But I agree that the later eras with how long the entire 3 kingdoms period lasted has a lot of potential with new factions or factions who rebelled from their master
  • LESAMALESAMA Member Registered Users Posts: 1,894

It's discouraging the absolute silence that has occured , but also pretty troubling that previous DLCs simply haven't been fixed.

A.
    They bit off too much they could chew, juggling WH DLC releases (I get it, WH players pay $ for basically nothing, make your money CA you do you) , TK release/bug fixing, and for some reason deciding to release another game in Troy and everything that comes with that. They have to split their crews between 3 games, and that causes problems I'd imagine?

B.
    They are rethinking the Chapter Pack approach, as the releases are a bug mess, and I get the feeling that many simply want the original 190 start to be smoothed out (unique generals across the board exc)

C.
    They are actually working on a giant massive update that will fix everything minor and massive (move that fricken mountain to it's correct spot!) trolling us by not speaking about this, because we are all ungrateful, and we will all be happy with this update whenever it randomly drops (this is the most unlikely scenario)

D.
    (Tin foil hat time)
    The company as a whole wants to move in the direction of the WH style of game (fantasy) and is abandoning TK under the idea of "Not enough people play TK, WH player #s are always high, and we rake in that sweet sweet DLC cash for creating a Lord pack that offers a different looking elf for 20$, let's make WH3 and make that sweet $$$$$$$$$$"

Personally I think it's option C
    LESAMA said:

A.

B.

C.

D.
    (Tin foil hat time)

Personally I think it's option C
    😂

I guess I could have added a "They just working on the next Chapter Pack" lol
  • LaindeshLaindesh Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,409
    whiskey pretty much said it all. I expected them to fix more than they have.
    Then again they do revisit old chapter packs, nanman exist and do spawn in MoH chapter as an example so thats great.
  • TheGreatPamphletTheGreatPamphlet Registered Users Posts: 860
    They have zero incentive to fix the chapter packs. They already made their sales thanks to the utterly stupid from the perspective of the consumers practice of pre-ordering, very few people play them, so they are not going to spend any resources on that front. As for the main game, it's very vulnerable to even minor updates, because of the huge lines of scripting. There are more basic bugs though, like when there's no accept/decline button for diplomatic offers, which makes reloading inevitable. What I suggest is stop pre-ordering every over-priced lord/chapter/faction pack announced. It will be more effective than forum-complaining.
    Nestor.

Allah, Suriya, Bashar w Bas!
  • LabriaLabria Registered Users Posts: 1,481
    edited January 23
    Honestly when I saw unfinished Shi Xie FLC without own unique units and released of all DLCs full of bugs. I lost any hope in competence of creators of this game.

I'm expecting second patch but It looks like release of DLC will be next. I doubt Guandu DLC will be any better than previous DLCs. I expect lots of new bugs and very little new content. I doubt we will get more than just 2 new playable factions in this chapter.

There is no chance that I will pre-order any future DLCs and play this game before 1-2 patches after released of DLC. I have no interest to play beta version of game.
    Post edited by Labria on
    Dwarfs need Slayer Lord pack: https://imgur.com/x74HxxU
  • NephliteXNephliteX Registered Users Posts: 153
    Unfortunately all these reactions are real. So many efforts of Dev will be required to restore our lost faith.
  • LESAMALESAMA Member Registered Users Posts: 1,894
    NephliteX said:

Unfortunately all these reactions are real. So many efforts of Dev will be required to restore our lost faith.

Yeah, i’m curious how their next announcement will be received after the last past months without any word whatsoever.
  • Warlord_Lu_BuWarlord_Lu_Bu Registered Users Posts: 2,683
    I have to admit... they didn't leave Shogun 1-2 like this... I dunno if its because TW TK is a vastly bigger game... or if its because they have too much on their plate right now, but eh...

It feels like a very long time since we heard anything at all... are they getting ready to unleash something huge? or are they having so many issues that they can't tell us what's going on.

We must be patient and see what they bring... if it is a new DLC with many big fixes, that would be the most positive outcome. But if its another beautiful DLC that is very broken... that would be a terrible thing xD
    "I am the punishment of Tengri, if you had not sinned, he would not have sent me against you." - Chenghis Khan Temujin
  • TheTrueLordAndyTheTrueLordAndy Registered Users Posts: 52
    edited January 22
    I think they genuinely want to make the game as good as it can be, they just have a lot on their plate between COVID delays Warhammer 3 and Troy DLC's. The programing for 3K gets more complex as they add more mechanics, diplomacy options, types of factions like Nanman etc. I think we just have to be patient and they will fix a lot of the major issues. There is no reason for them to stop supporting this game since they have already put so much effort into it. If they fix the bugs and add more interesting DLC's and market it well the active player base will increase.
  • MKEsbjornMKEsbjorn Registered Users Posts: 498

I think the negligent (almost non-existent) support for Chapter Packs after they've been released should be raising some serious questions about how interested CA is in supporting 3K.

Chapter Packs seem intended to be the Bread & Butter DLC for 3K. But why would I be encouraged to spend money on any more Chapter Packs when all of my previous experiences with them so far lead me to believe that they're going to be either buggy or unbalanced at release? Not only that, but all indications are that they won't be properly fixed at any point in the future, but rather just left to rot until they're hardly playable barely 6 months later.

They didn't fix Eight Princes, Mandate of Heaven, or A World Betrayed, and those campaigns are hardly playable now. So why should I believe future Chapter Packs will be any different?

I played MoH and AWB betrayed within the last 2 weeks. I didn't see any major things like fervour not working correctly, lu bu's and sun ce's mechanic worked. So what are you referring to when you say they are unplayable
    Treachery is not working and the little annoying emperor keeps escaping. But that doesn't break the game. (Oh and i don't use any mods).
  • RewanRewan Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,636
    edited January 23
    I played MoH and AWB betrayed within the last 2 weeks. I didn't see any major things like fervour not working correctly, lu bu's and sun ce's mechanic worked.

I think it's a MP-only bug. It's been there for a while
  • Whiskeyjack_5691Whiskeyjack_5691 Registered Users Posts: 3,977
    MKEsbjorn said:

I played MoH and AWB betrayed within the last 2 weeks. I didn't see any major things like fervour not working correctly, lu bu's and sun ce's mechanic worked. So what are you referring to when you say they are unplayable
    Treachery is not working and the little annoying emperor keeps escaping. But that doesn't break the game. (Oh and i don't use any mods).
    I mean there are also balancing issues with those campaigns that were never resolved. Take the Zhang Bros in MoH for instance.
    Their Zeal mechanic relies on all 3 of them being on the offensive at all times to offset it's passive depletion. But once the other 2 brothers burn through their initial surge and start to lose momentum, Zeal starts to deplete at a pace that you can't keep up with. The penalties become crippling, and your campaign grinds to a halt.
    CA could have easily balanced that by giving the Brothers some passive Zeal gain per-turn for completing their campaign objectives, like capturing Luoyang for instance. I've captured Luoyang and deposed the Imperial Family and the Rebellion is winning the war, but I'm now losing massive support each turn? How does that make sense?

Likewise for Liu Hong's Imperial Court. Having the various political factions within his court carry diplomatic bonuses and penalties with the Warlords and Administrators of the Empire would make balancing the imperial court more vital to his campaign; giving too much influence to one political faction would mean alienating the others, and their supporters throughout the Empire, running the risk of a civil war, possibly a very different one from what occurred historically.

Lu Bu just becomes broken to the point of absurdity in his AWB campaign (and his and the Outlaws' Mercenary Contracts mechanics are broken), and Sun Ce's Reckless Luck can get ridiculously overpowered.
  • Bright_EyesBright_Eyes Registered Users Posts: 748
    AWB has broken tool tips for Lu Bu and Sun Ce. Their checklists don't work. Lu Bu does not get momentum from duels. That's a serious issue with his campaign, since his momentum is a crucial way to play him and the duels are an integral way of gaining it. Seeing as Lu Bu is the star character of AWB, that's a big issue.

But it's not as broken as MoH. MoH is a complete burning wreck.
  • MoradimMoradim Registered Users Posts: 8
    Never has a game in more than twenty years of TW been treated as badly as TK.
    Half of the factions are unplayable due to serious balancing issue. And a quarter are due to recurring bugs. Which leaves us that a playable quarter of a faction, all dlc combined, which is totally unacceptable. And in addition we have been left in artistic vagueness for more than four months on how the game will evolve.
    Half of the factions are unplayable due to serious balancing issue

That is untrue

Funny..
  • Bright_EyesBright_Eyes Registered Users Posts: 748
    Rewan's right, the game isn't completely broken, but it is buggy and needs to be fixed.
  • MKEsbjornMKEsbjorn Registered Users Posts: 498
    Moradim said:

Half of the factions are unplayable due to serious balancing issue. And a quarter are due to recurring bugs. Which leaves us that a playable quarter of a faction, all dlc combined, which is totally unacceptable. And in addition we have been left in artistic vagueness for more than four months on how the game will evolve.

so in your opinion which factions are unplayable, and which are currently playable?

MKEsbjorn said:

I mean there are also balancing issues with those campaigns that were never resolved. Take the Zhang Bros in MoH for instance.
    Their Zeal mechanic relies on all 3 of them being on the offensive at all times to offset it's passive depletion. But once the other 2 brothers burn through their initial surge and start to lose momentum, Zeal starts to deplete at a pace that you can't keep up with. The penalties become crippling, and your campaign grinds to a halt.
    CA could have easily balanced that by giving the Brothers some passive Zeal gain per-turn for completing their campaign objectives, like capturing Luoyang for instance. I've captured Luoyang and deposed the Imperial Family and the Rebellion is winning the war, but I'm now losing massive support each turn? How does that make sense?

Likewise for Liu Hong's Imperial Court. Having the various political factions within his court carry diplomatic bonuses and penalties with the Warlords and Administrators of the Empire would make balancing the imperial court more vital to his campaign; giving too much influence to one political faction would mean alienating the others, and their supporters throughout the Empire, running the risk of a civil war, possibly a very different one from what occurred historically.

Lu Bu just becomes broken to the point of absurdity in his AWB campaign (and his and the Outlaws' Mercenary Contracts mechanics are broken), and Sun Ce's Reckless Luck can get ridiculously overpowered.
    I agree that Lu Bu and Sun Ce are completely overpowered once you have completed enough "tasks" and Sun Ce's court also has way too many benefits. But had it not been for his death he could have challenge Cao Cao and maybe even defeated him. But I find that the AI does not do a great job with Sun Ce's faction in AWB.

And I have never really liked the YT, I have completed the campaign with He Yi and one of the brother's (once each) but I just don't enjoy the faction so I cannot comment with any sort of knowledge on their gameplay in MoH
  • MasterSlayeXMasterSlayeX Registered Users Posts: 464
    MKEsbjorn said:

Moradim said:

so in your opinion which factions are unplayable, and which are currently playable?

MKEsbjorn said:

I agree that Lu Bu and Sun Ce are completely overpowered once you have completed enough "tasks" and Sun Ce's court also has way too many benefits. But had it not been for his death he could have challenge Cao Cao and maybe even defeated him. But I find that the AI does not do a great job with Sun Ce's faction in AWB.

And I have never really liked the YT, I have completed the campaign with He Yi and one of the brother's (once each) but I just don't enjoy the faction so I cannot comment with any sort of knowledge on their gameplay in MoH
    Sun ce does better than Dong zhuo . Don’t think I’ve seen a game Dong has been able to survive longer than a few turns
  • ShiroAmakusa75ShiroAmakusa75 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 29,138

I have to admit... they didn't leave Shogun 1-2 like this... I dunno if its because TW TK is a vastly bigger game... or if its because they have too much on their plate right now, but eh...

If you wanted variety in S2, you needed to buy, what, three different DLCs? Every faction had the exact same roster otherwise, all characters were the same, there was no politics of any kind, there was also no real diplomacy because...Realm Divide anyone? You didn't even have any cities in the game since all you got were lonely fortresses out in the wilderness. Yeah, 3K is a vastly bigger game, you betcha'!

I can't bring myself to enjoy S2 because Oda Nobunaga is just the same as Takeda Shingen or Date Masamune...if they even manage to show up that is.

edited January 25
    I can't bring myself to enjoy S2 because Oda Nobunaga is just the same as Takeda Shingen or Date Masamune...if they even manage to show up that is.

They do show up.
    But they typically die in a completely random battle

But anyways, S2 was a game of few complexities, and the rare ones actually had flaws in them. Like the Christian way being giga OP in Vanilla (because you could guarantee yourself the income of the trade nodes since European Caravels works as trade ships). The AI was completely unable to defend against multi-ways attacks on the campaign map. Agents being ridiculously OP (I'm not sure there is a post-S2 TW you can win on legendary pretty much just by using agents). AI cheating upgrades for his units when in FoW...

And bad game design such as the Otomo UB : Leased land being indestructible (hence very annoying to deal with as I think you'd hack to sack to remove it : thus destroying your honor...).

And there are still, to this day, balance bugs : Looking at you Hattori/Tokugawa ninjas

But even today S2 is still a very good game. And I enjoy playing it from time to time.
    The fact it's not complex means the AI just less likely to slip up and it gets the right cheats. (However as the games prior to R2 it has the annoyance of the AI running single unit armies and fleets everywhere which is usually detrimental to the AI and only an annoyance for the player)
    Post edited by Rewan on
  • Qin_FengQin_Feng Registered Users Posts: 295
    Shogun 2 knew what it wanted. Every unit had its purpose and their tier was clear. This game has insane unit bloat which does not help variety because half of them are useless.
    Idk why people constantly go after Shogun 2s "terrible roster"

Every single unit in that game has a purpose on the battlefield (mostly)

Yari Ash can be used the entire game, if deployed properly. Shogun 2 allows you to squeeze every ounce of usefulness out of each unit if put in the best possible scenario by the player.

That's not the case in WH, and it definitely isn't the case in TK.

Outside of city sieges (the one place infantry really gets to shine) cavalry and archers dominate the battlefield , TK is in desperate need of balancing.