Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Gravelords and LPs

GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 5,892
Now, we have seen alignment between GW releases and TW:WH DLCs before - for example the Lumineth release and G&G, or a G&F release (I believe the new model, I forget the specifics) and G&F in the game.

That said, there has been some speculation on Vamp releases online, and it got me thinking. With the upcoming Soulblight Gravelords for AoS, could there be a coinciding LP featuring Vamps - or at least was there meant to be one, but of course the Gravelords release has likely been rather delayed (I assume we were likely meant to get them April-ish, it may be later now) but either way it could be suggestive.

I do also wonder, since they appear to be going for a more classical vamp look, if we will get some updates to older models like the Abyssal Terror, which may be used in a VC LP.

Anyway, I thought it was a point worth making - and this also isn't a thread suggesting it as the LP that "should" come, so please no "no it should be BM" or such :tongue:

Comments

• NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 9,208
    Was T&T aligned with a GW release ?
  • GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 5,892
    neodeinos said:

Don't think so, but my point is it does seem to have been done before, and if BM or WoC aren't in a LP (maybe, as CA said, because WEs were an experiment, so they had other plans for after) the VCs would be a major contender fo a LP spot.
    Goatforce said:

neodeinos said:

Don't think so, but my point is it does seem to have been done before, and if BM or WoC aren't in a LP (maybe, as CA said, because WEs were an experiment, so they had other plans for after) the VCs would be a major contender fo a LP spot.
    I guess I could see a Necrarch lord pack but any other bloodlines don't really fit in Warhammer 2's map imo.
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 20,121
    neodeinos said:

Goatforce said:

neodeinos said:

I guess I could see a Necrarch lord pack but any other bloodlines don't really fit in Warhammer 2's map imo.
    Ushoran would fit since his faction and Mourkhain are on the map. But he seems like FLC material to me.

If VC get added to the Vortex it should be Zacharias (LP) + Ushoran (FLC).
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
    neodeinos said:

Goatforce said:

neodeinos said:

Yeah I was thinking Zacharius. He would make sense in Nehekhara, trying to get artifacts or something. I guess you could even have him attacking DEs for a similar reason, but Nehekhara makes more sense (a VC vs TK pack would be awesome, but not going to happen unfortunately).
    ArneSo said:

neodeinos said:

Goatforce said:

neodeinos said:

Ushoran would fit since his faction and Mourkhain are on the map. But he seems like FLC material to me.

Mourkhain isn't on the Vortex.
  • yolordmcswagyolordmcswag Registered Users Posts: 3,605
    neodeinos said:

ArneSo said:

neodeinos said:

Goatforce said:

neodeinos said:

It used to be at least. You could build the "Ruins of Mourkhain" landmark in Galbaraz in the vortex campaign, I did it as Arkhan. The landmark was moved on mortal empires when they did the badlands rework, not sure if they removed it from vortex Galbaraz aswell.
  • SelakahSelakah Registered Users Posts: 760
    The Vampire Counts are in a very interesting situation. In the same way the Skaven have several Major and Minor clans, the Counts have 5 different Bloodlines that, in my opinion, should receive as much attention as the Skaven received for their clans.

The problem is that currently, the Counts are sitting at 6 Legendary Lords and only 1 Bloodline is represented: Von Carstein. We are missing representation for the Strigoi, Lahmian, Blood Dragon and Necrarch Bloodlines. While CA could knock two of these in a single DLC + FLC combo, my thinking is that there is a possibility we might see a pre-order Legions of Nagash or Vampire Counts Campaign Pack of sorts that includes 1 representative of each Bloodline. Doing it this way would finally bring representation to all of the Bloodlines, in addition to rounding up the list of Mortarchs for a potential Nagash End Times event in Game 3 to go along with the Chaos Invasion.

A Campaign Pack with the following 4 Legendary Lords and Units would be a very elegant way of doing this, IMHO:
    • Lahmian Bloodline: Neferata, bringing with her Coven Thrones and remodeled female Lahmian Vampire Lords, as well as Neferata's Sisterhood and an Intrigue at Court mechanic.
    • Strigoi Bloodline: Ushoran, bringing with him new variants of Crypt Ghouls.
    • Necrarch: Zacharias the Everliving, bringing wtih him a new model for the Necrarch Vampire Lord and riderless Zombie Dragons.
    • Blood Dragon Bloodline: Abhorash, the first Blood Dragon, bringing with him a new model for the Blood Dragon Lord, as well as a new variant of Blood Knights, Knights of the Black Grail, corrupted Grail Knights.
    In addition to this, you can add a few extra units: Abyssal Terrors, Cairn Wraith hero, Patchwork Men, Wickerman, etc.

A Campaign Pack like this would be immediately playable, day 1, on Warhammer 3, and only playable in Mortal Empires in WH2. It would be the pre-order DLC for WH3.
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 20,121
    neodeinos said:

ArneSo said:

neodeinos said:

Goatforce said:

neodeinos said:

It is a Landmark in that Badlands Province so Ca would just have to rename the settlement.

But if CA uses the Drycha approach for him he could be ME only.

Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
    ArneSo said:

neodeinos said:

ArneSo said:

neodeinos said:

Goatforce said:

neodeinos said:

It is a Landmark in that Badlands Province so Ca would just have to rename the settlement.

But if CA uses the Drycha approach for him he could be ME only.

I could be wrong but I think it's no longer a landmark.
  • RomeoRejectRomeoReject Registered Users Posts: 1,865
    Eh... I'm dubious of this one. There's been some crossover between GW and CA, and I fully expect to see that again when Kislev launches. But an Age of Sigmar release influencing a Warhammer Fantasy release? Just don't see it, myself.
    edited January 27

Eh... I'm dubious of this one. There's been some crossover between GW and CA, and I fully expect to see that again when Kislev launches. But an Age of Sigmar release influencing a Warhammer Fantasy release? Just don't see it, myself.

I'm not saying there is a necessary connection, just noting that we have had either linked (G&F) content before or releases that coincide with GW releases (Lumineth and Eltharion). If we get a LP, and it isn't BM or WoC, then VCs are a strong candidate - as I believe other than those they are the race that has gone longest without a DLC, and second longest without an update in general, and the next DLC release will come out around when they are announced if we are indeed getting a LP - it would be a nice synergy, just like the W&P.
    Post edited by Goatforce on
  • RomeoRejectRomeoReject Registered Users Posts: 1,865
    Goatforce said:

I'm not saying there is a necessary connection, just noting that we have had either linked (G&F) content before or releases that coincide with GW releases (Lumineth and Eltharion). If we get a LP, and it isn't BM or WoC, then VCs are a strong candidate - as I believe other than those they are the race that has gone longest without a DLC, and second longest without an update in general, and the next DLC release will come out around when they are announced if we are indeed getting a LP - it would be a nice synergy, just like the W&P.
    I don't really see a connection between Lumineth and Eltharion, personally. Just coincidental timing that two vaguely similar things released near eachother. As for the Vamps, I'm not going to requote my entire video, but there's more evidence in favour of Beastmen/Warriors, and stronger evidence, than there is for Vamps.

I'm not saying abandon all hope now or anything, but just, don't read too far in to Age of Sigmar and get yourself too worked up over nothing. Worst case scenario, nothing happens. Best case scenario, I'm wrong and you're pleasantly surprised.

Goatforce said:

I don't really see a connection between Lumineth and Eltharion, personally. Just coincidental timing that two vaguely similar things released near eachother. As for the Vamps, I'm not going to requote my entire video, but there's more evidence in favour of Beastmen/Warriors, and stronger evidence, than there is for Vamps.

I'm not saying abandon all hope now or anything, but just, don't read too far in to Age of Sigmar and get yourself too worked up over nothing. Worst case scenario, nothing happens. Best case scenario, I'm wrong and you're pleasantly surprised.
    Well it was the Eltharion pack and One of Lumineth named characters was in fact Eltharion. Again I am not saying there is some massive connection, it could well have been a coincidence but there could have been some coordination (H&B was a weird start to X-LPs, everyone who was predicting X-LPs before then was unsuprisingly predicting that matchup first, as it would have made more sense).

I am not saying that there is massive evidence for this, I believe that BM and WoC are far more likely, I am just noting the upcoming vamp release and the fact that the WEs were an experiment for CA they may not have planned DLC for DLC straight after their first attempt, just in case. Then it would be a good time to release a DLC for the Vamps and realistically in that scenario it would be either vamps or dwarfs as the game 1 race.