Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

About the pre-order

Cortes31Cortes31 Registered Users Posts: 1,661
edited February 4 in General Discussion

NORSE DWARFS

I think it will be them.
Because of the following:
  • They can easily go away with less then 4 LL and a race pack, what the pre-order will be, has less then 4.
  • A good part of their assets is already in the game with the normal dwarfs.
  • They kind of fit in line withe the whole "defend against chaos" that goes for Kislev and Cathay.
  • They are much smaller in terms of content compared to Chaos Dwarfs
  • Without much stretching I think they could be put in Vortex as well as ME as well as WH3 map, depending for which part the pre-order race will be.
  • If my lore-knowledge does not deceive me, they are not so big in gunpowder but much better in rune magic which could open up interesting possibilities such as Shard Dragons
  • They are Dwarfs
  • They might be generous enough to give their southern brethren a proper rune system if they have one too.
EDIT:

And because of Warhammer Old World.

Comments

• GBoneGBone Registered Users Posts: 662
    YYYYEEEESSSSSSS!
  • LudboneLudbone Registered Users Posts: 1,866
    I think the Undead Legion will be present in the Core Game aswell. Preorder? Core? Both seems correct.

Undead Legion or Southern Realms.
    Beastmen: where is the love?

• ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 22,713
    Some existing units I could find for the Norse Dwarfs:
    - Norse Dwarf Warriors
    - Norse Dwarf Swordmen
    - Norse Dwarf Spearmen
    - Norse Dwarf Hammerers (Shield)
    - Norse Dwarf Hammerers (Great Hammers)
    - Norse Dwarf Slayers
    - Berserkers (Axe + Sword)
    - Berserkers (2 handed Axe)
    - Bolt Thrower Mammoth
    - Shard Dragon
    - Norse Dwarf Bolt Thrower

Then it might also be possible that they get an update for the Old World with some new cool units like Kislev.

So yeah they would be such a cool addition!
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
  • CaesarSahlertzCaesarSahlertz Registered Users Posts: 5,265
    Eh.. I am actually starting to think Hobgoblins... I know.. I am as appalled as any by this.... But since I am of the conviction that Chaos Dwarfs will have a placeholder faction similar to how Bretonnia had, I think that Hobgoblins will actually have enough assets to be made a race of their own.. Also, since the plains that they roam are actually in the game now, they also make sense to include. It will also add additional variety to that area of the map.
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 22,713

Eh.. I am actually starting to think Hobgoblins... I know.. I am as appalled as any by this.... But since I am of the conviction that Chaos Dwarfs will have a placeholder faction similar to how Bretonnia had, I think that Hobgoblins will actually have enough assets to be made a race of their own.. Also, since the plains that they roam are actually in the game now, they also make sense to include. It will also add additional variety to that area of the map.

Thats actually a good Idea! Using the Hobgoblins as a placeholder for Chaos Dwarfs might actually be a smart move by CA.
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
  • LabriaLabria Registered Users Posts: 1,874
    I agree. I think we will get Norsca Dwarfs as cheap pre-order bonus with 2 playable legendary lords, Shard Dragon, Norsce Dwarf War Mammoth and lots of Dwarfs reskins units.

I think we they will get these two legendary lords:
    1. Thorgard Cromson(Kraka Drak faction)
    2. Tyr "Giantsbane" Forsetison(Kraka Ornsmotek faction)
    I wouldn't be surprised if GW and CA plan to expand Norse Dwarfs to own race. They are perfect option for 3rd playable Dwarfs faction.
    Dwarfs need Slayer Lord pack: https://imgur.com/x74HxxU
  • peabodyestatepeabodyestate Registered Users Posts: 1,130
    I dont think we will get them at all. But i change my mind every day.
  • CaesarSahlertzCaesarSahlertz Registered Users Posts: 5,265
    ArneSo said:

Thats actually a good Idea! Using the Hobgoblins as a placeholder for Chaos Dwarfs might actually be a smart move by CA.
    I don't think Hobgoblins persay will be the placeholders.. I think that Chaos Dwarfs will get a barebone roster with Hobgoblins in it. CA will then use these Hobgoblin assets to also make a small Hobgoblin race, which will roam the steppes to the north of Cathay. But yeah, pretty much.
  • Cortes31Cortes31 Registered Users Posts: 1,661
    I really should have read the entire thing before posting :D

Totally forgot Warhammer Old World
  • EarthDragonEarthDragon Registered Users Posts: 768
    As to likelihood:

I give like 50 - 1

Legions of Nagash, Chaos Dwarves, Southern Realms, and Hobgoblins have got to all be above them, and I’ll put Kurgan on the list as slightly below them (Kurgan and Hung will likely have NPC factions that are slightly modified Norse with a few stolen units from other Chaos factions and some missing units from the normal roster)
  • ERICdbsERICdbs CataloniaRegistered Users Posts: 623
    They are just a bit redundant, and I'd personally prefer Nagash. They are interesting nonetheless and as with any other small faction in the game, I'd welcome them.
  • MaelasMaelas Registered Users Posts: 2,965
    I don't dislike that idea, but except for the Shard dragon, what new unit would they get ? Even Norsca had three new units !
    I believe in Slaanesh supremacy
  • EarthDragonEarthDragon Registered Users Posts: 768
    ERICdbs said:

They are just a bit redundant, and I'd personally prefer Nagash. They are interesting nonetheless and as with any other small faction in the game, I'd welcome them.

I agree with your comment, but let’s not act like Nagash wouldn’t show some redundancy as the 4th Undead faction.

That’s the entire point behind Norsca and whatever this faction is BEING the pre-order bonus: it’s gonna have some reskined and re-utilized stuff.

The biggest question is: which race is pertinent to filler in the next game?

Warriors of Chaos was needed as the pseudo end game to game 1

The Vortex Map need Norsca raiding Ulthuan, Naggarond, and the Skeggi outpost for flavor.

What flavor is most needed for the game 3 map, that would be hard to push as a stand-alone race, that may not have a full compliment of Lords available, and existing assets just wouldn’t match the necessary flavor?
  • LabriaLabria Registered Users Posts: 1,874
    Maelas said:

I don't dislike that idea, but except for the Shard dragon, what new unit would they get ? Even Norsca had three new units !

I can imagine 3 main Norse Dwarfs centerpiece units:
    1) Shard Dragon

2) Norse Dwarf War Mammoth with Bolt Thrower

3) Goar cavarly(CA and GW can take inspiration from the Hobbit for Norse Dwarfs race)
    Dwarfs need Slayer Lord pack: https://imgur.com/x74HxxU
  • GBoneGBone Registered Users Posts: 662
    ArneSo said:

Some existing units I could find for the Norse Dwarfs:
    - Norse Dwarf Warriors
    - Norse Dwarf Swordmen
    - Norse Dwarf Spearmen
    - Norse Dwarf Hammerers (Shield)
    - Norse Dwarf Hammerers (Great Hammers)
    - Norse Dwarf Slayers
    - Berserkers (Axe + Sword)
    - Berserkers (2 handed Axe)
    - Bolt Thrower Mammoth
    - Shard Dragon
    - Norse Dwarf Bolt Thrower

Then it might also be possible that they get an update for the Old World with some new cool units like Kislev.

So yeah they would be such a cool addition!

First edition Warhammer had Norse Dwarf Shield Maidens too!
  • Jote191Jote191 Registered Users Posts: 592
    Yessssss!!!! I like how the Norse Dwarfs are basically the pure old school Dwarfs. No machines and limited gun powder.

It'd be cool if we get older versions of weapons too. Like instead of irondrakes we get the firethrower. Stuff like that.

Also they have a more viking style armor and overall look, which is cool.

I'm pretty sure they use beasts too. So mammoths and shard dragons wouldn't be too crazy for them.
  • MalalforthewinMalalforthewin Registered Users Posts: 445
    Labria said:

Maelas said:

I can imagine 3 main Norse Dwarfs centerpiece units:
    1) Shard Dragon

2) Norse Dwarf War Mammoth with Bolt Thrower

3) Goar cavarly(CA and GW can take inspiration from the Hobbit for Norse Dwarfs race)
    I mean it would be cool, but maybe mammoths should stay with Norsca; it's one of their defining units
  • Ulthuan_VolcanoUlthuan_Volcano Registered Users Posts: 198
    How many dwarf races are there in warhammer?
    http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/ Ulthuan, Home of the Asur. If any high elf player is in the hobby too I would suggest you to check this forum.
  • Cortes31Cortes31 Registered Users Posts: 1,661

How many dwarf races are there in warhammer?

3 as far as I know.

The Dwarfs of the Karaz Ankor
    The Chaos Dwarfs of the Darklands
    And Norse Dwarfs