Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Is Lu Zhi still broken, or am I doing something wrong?

ZelgiusFrostZelgiusFrost Registered Users Posts: 2
I watched the Mandate of Heaven trailer again today because as much as I think MoH is broken, the trailer to the expansion has to be one of the best (Shivers, every time). I decided to play Lu Zhi because I like his unique units and, of course, Huangfu Song. But upon starting the campaign I noticed that Lu Zhi's background bonus is still the same as always; a mere 10% extra character experience faction-wide. Originally I thought it might be because of the mods I use, namely MTU and Guanxi Overhaul, but after disabling them and trying again, his background bonus had not changed.

I'll still end up playing with him because I, no matter what, apparently keep coming back to 182, but I'd like to see this bug fixed at some point.

This is running on the latest version of the game.
Modded/Unmodded tested.
182 start date (naturally).

Comments

• Vin362Vin362 Registered Users Posts: 1,048
    Interesting because this is what I see for Lu Zhi

I cannot speak for the experience gained because I do not know the base value due to there being different variables that can increase the amount of experience gained, similar morale is also a bit tricky to see if it works but he does get the +2 rank for recruits.

That being said his library achievement as far as I know hasn't been addressed.
    Supporter of Shu-Han, I wish Total War Three Kingdoms had a Three Kingdoms start date, rider of Kislev, admiral of The Awakened and Elector Count of Shu-Han
  • MKEsbjornMKEsbjorn Registered Users Posts: 533
    there are other strategist who provide 10% experience so it sounds right to me that he would get a little extra maybe. but it shouldn't be 100% or something crazy.

I still have problems with his unlockable scrolls or whatever they are called. While my faction leader is rank 9 I received the one for having a faction leader being rank 10, and despite having made several trips to anding (i believe it's that one) i have not unlocked that scroll. so there are some issues i think.
  • Bright_EyesBright_Eyes Registered Users Posts: 1,260
    MoH is completely and utterly broken. I would just give up on it. It will never be fixed.
  • 3kfan3kfan Registered Users Posts: 90
    edited February 11
    MKEsbjorn said:

there are other strategist who provide 10% experience so it sounds right to me that he would get a little extra maybe. but it shouldn't be 100% or something crazy.

I still have problems with his unlockable scrolls or whatever they are called. While my faction leader is rank 9 I received the one for having a faction leader being rank 10, and despite having made several trips to anding (i believe it's that one) i have not unlocked that scroll. so there are some issues i think.

To get the Anding (or Anping?) one you have to have Lu Zhi in your army and end your turn in the city region (i.e. not one of the resources), I believe. Moreover, I think he has to actually be leading the army as well, not just in it. Not 100% sure on this but I regularly get it with some combination of this.

I've never gotten the level 10 character one, but the issue you describe (granted, I'd call it a 'feature' as it's a beneficial bug) is what happens for me with capital cities: only need level 9, not level 10.

I also think MOH is a ton of fun (especially as Liu Chong as you get a ton of fights in short proximity due to bandits etc, allowing you to quickly rank up those 15/30 fight totals...). It's got bugs but the whole premise of having a competent, difficult enemy right out of the starting gate who won't ever make peace with you gives the game a great starting challenge.