Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

WH2 No Longer Opens

MessyPaladinMessyPaladin Registered Users Posts: 4
edited February 8 in Crashes
So, I recently reinstalled the game after a while to give it a play with two new mods. The game would load to about 50% then, close and not even give me a crash report. So, I thought I would download Kaedrin's mod manager and see that would help. Completely broke my game and it wouldn't even work after I deleted all of its files. Does anyone have any fixes? I'm currently reinstalling the game again to see if that helps, but I'm not sure it will.
Post edited by BillyRuffian on

Comments

• BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKRegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 39,889
    You probably need to clean up some of the stuff in the Appdata folder as well as any oddments from mods that are not removed if you uninstall via Steam.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • MessyPaladinMessyPaladin Registered Users Posts: 4

You probably need to clean up some of the stuff in the Appdata folder as well as any oddments from mods that are not removed if you uninstall via Steam.

How would I go about doing that? The data folder for WH2 in my Steamapps folder is clear, if that helps.
  • KazarakKazarak Registered Users Posts: 2

How would I go about doing that? The data folder for WH2 in my Steamapps folder is clear, if that helps.
    so i am having the same problem as you however idk if you've actually managed to fix your game or not if so please tell me

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file