Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Comments

• CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 14,927
    Why cite it as White Dwarf? It was in 5th ed LM armybook. It was just done a second time in White Dwarf, as with a lot of 5th edition stuff.
    Furthermore, I consider that Daemon Prince must be removed.
  • bradleyvincentwellsbradleyvincentwells Registered Users Posts: 335
    Thanks for posting. Great article.
  • CaesarSahlertzCaesarSahlertz Registered Users Posts: 7,073
    Crossil said:

Why cite it as White Dwarf? It was in 5th ed LM armybook. It was just done a second time in White Dwarf, as with a lot of 5th edition stuff.

Because the article he is showing is literally the one from White Dwarf?
  • Red_Dox#2328Red_Dox#2328 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,474
    Did not even know the article might be in a armybook. During that time with those knuckleheads, it's hard to keep track which stuff came from where. And Lizardmen were never really my cup of tea so I barely know their armybooks ;)

------Red Dox
  • TheWattman#7460TheWattman#7460 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,579
    I fully expect Yin-Tuan to make an appearance as one of the Lords for Cathay. Makes perfect sense to have the grand voyager on an expedition somewhere. Perhaps he will face Tetto'eko or Oxyotl in an LP later down the line. He's the pefect material to base an LP-rivalry on, especially since he landed near Pahuax, where Oxyotl is originally from.
  • Red_Dox#2328Red_Dox#2328 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,474
    edited February 2021

I fully expect Yin-Tuan to make an appearance as one of the Lords for Cathay. Makes perfect sense to have the grand voyager on an expedition somewhere. Perhaps he will face Tetto'eko or Oxyotl in an LP later down the line. He's the pefect material to base an LP-rivalry on, especially since he landed near Pahuax, where Oxyotl is originally from.

Might prove problematic. While I could not fill in the Cathayan calendar at the start of the article, the 5th edition armybook hint proved to be more helpful.

So roughly 800 years before TWW. Doubt they pull a 2nd Respanse for him, but of course no way to be sure.

------Red Dox

Post edited by Red_Dox#2328 on
  • xBlood_Raven#5120xBlood_Raven#5120 Registered Users Posts: 966
    I see Yin-Tuan as a possible LL as he is described as an aged Sage in his story and having command of the Palace Guard at one point means he must be an excellent commander and soldier.

Due to his old age, he could be a magical sage of some sort in which his playstyle is based more on tactics and wisdom to achieve victory.
  • saweendra#3399saweendra#3399 Registered Users Posts: 19,335
    Red_Dox said:

Might prove problematic. While I could not fill in the Cathayan calendar at the start of teh article, the 5th edition armybook hint proved to be more helpful

So roughly 990 years before TWW. Doubt they pull a 2nd Respanse for him, but of course no way to be sure.

------Red Dox

just make him a dragon blood noble or jade vampire repanse 2.0, damn i am still salty about her they could have explained her properly they choose not because brets were flc throw away

#givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc

• TheWattman#7460TheWattman#7460 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,579
    Red_Dox said:

Might prove problematic. While I could not fill in the Cathayan calendar at the start of the article, the 5th edition armybook hint proved to be more helpful.

So roughly 800 years before TWW. Doubt they pull a 2nd Respanse for him, but of course no way to be sure.

------Red Dox

I think we have to think outside the box like this if we have any hope of a reasonably recognizeable Cathay at the end of it all. We don't want another invented character like Cylostra again if we can avoid it right? Atleast no invented characters until those that can serve as lords have been exhausted. That means the Emperor, Monkey King, Dien Ching and Yin-Tuan as the most distinguished so far and Cathay would be perfectly fine with just 4 lords.

• CaesarSahlertzCaesarSahlertz Registered Users Posts: 7,073

Red_Dox said:

------Red Dox

I think we have to think outside the box like this if we have any hope of a reasonably recognizeable Cathay at the end of it all. We don't want another invented character like Cylostra again if we can avoid it right? Atleast no invented characters until those that can serve as lords have been exhausted. That means the Emperor, Monkey King, Dien Ching and Yin-Tuan as the most distinguished so far and Cathay would be perfectly fine with just 4 lords.

All the characters are invented...
  • IamNotArobot#8850IamNotArobot#8850 Registered Users Posts: 5,743
    cathay minor faction in Lustria please, thanks.
    *Justice, cats and CONFEDERATION ENABLED for the Tomb Kings and Vampire Coast! feat mummies and Apophas.
    *Exclusive DLCs for Tomb Kings, Vampire Coast, BM, CW and WE! #DLCsAreRacesToo
    *Remaster all WH1 and WH2 faction icons for WH3!
    *Ogre Kingdoms core race or death!
    *Bring back settlement conquering artworks!
    *Gnoblar Carpet for Greesus
    *Improve UI