Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Dogs of war: Faction or RoR?

PraiseSigmawPraiseSigmaw Registered Users Posts: 3,059
edited February 2021 in General Discussion
Do you think the DoW should be a faction with settlements and a roster or a bunch of new Regiments of Reknown that some races can recruit?
Tagged:

Comments

• #915734#915734 Registered Users Posts: 978
    Faction or riot!
  • Bonutz#3949Bonutz#3949 Registered Users Posts: 5,888
    Faction. 100%
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I’m all out of bubblegum.
  • TheGuardianOfMetal#3661TheGuardianOfMetal#3661 Registered Users Posts: 14,701
    edited February 2021
    Race.

To be Precise: Southern Realms with a heavy focus on DoW Mercenaries and ROR.
    The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • PraiseSigmawPraiseSigmaw Registered Users Posts: 3,059

Race.

With Halflings and Ogres as part of the roster.
  • Asamu#6386Asamu#6386 Registered Users Posts: 1,666
    Well, the various Dogs of War regiments would be Regiments of Renown, but the Tilea/Southern Realms faction, which was the "dogs of war" roster for 5th/6th ed tabletop, should be an actual faction.
    NeoYas said:

Faction or riot!

Agree.

Although i hope they put the Regiments from the old army book in the game. Birdmen of Catrazza rules!
    edited February 2021

Race.

Halflings = Moot = Empire
    Ogres = Ogre Kingdoms...
    The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'

Race.

Ogres = Ogre Kingdoms...
    Ogre mercenaries have always been part of DoW.
  • JToegiTheSnotling#6624JToegiTheSnotling#6624 Registered Users Posts: 2,514
    Make Tilea a faction that uses Dogs of War!!!
  • Commissar_G#7535Commissar_G#7535 Registered Users Posts: 16,115

Race.

Ogres = Ogre Kingdoms...
    They were always a part of The Empire too, times change.
    MarcusLivius: You are indeed a lord of entitlement.

Race.

Ogres = Ogre Kingdoms...
    before the Ogre Kingdoms became their own Army Book.

'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
    edited February 2021

Race.

Ogres = Ogre Kingdoms...
    Greenskins without trolls?

Wood Elves without Treekin?

Skaven without rat ogres?

Dogs of War without mercenary ogres?

You cant have one without the other.

Just because they got their own army book doesn't mean they shouldn't be included in a quirky faction like DoWDoW.

Race.

Ogres = Ogre Kingdoms...

Just because they got their own army book doesn't mean they shouldn't be included in a quirky faction like DoW?
    That whole list is a whole lot of apples and oranges...

Especially the Rat Ogres...

'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • sykall#1105sykall#1105 Registered Users Posts: 3,132
    I prefer the DoW to be mostly ROR for several factions. Because in the end the DoW were never a cohesive force but a pool in which GWs dropped for which they had no place for elsewhere. In this messy format they do not fit TWWH IMO.

However I would like to see the more coherent aspects, nameley the Southern Realms, to be turned into a proper playable faction.
    Filling the white spots - 7 made-up factions to enrich the empty parts of the WFB setting
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/288418/filling-the-white-spots-7-made-up-factions-to-fill-out-the-wfb-setting

Race.

Ogres = Ogre Kingdoms...

Just because they got their own army book doesn't mean they shouldn't be included in a quirky faction like DoW?
    None of those examples are comparable with OK.

Do trolls have an 8th edition army book?

Do tree-kin have an 8th edition army book?

Do rat ogres have an 8th edition army book?

Warhammer fantasy changed from 5/6th edition to 8th. It moved further away from it's campy RPG roots.
    sykall said:

I prefer the DoW to be mostly ROR for several factions. Because in the end the DoW were never a cohesive force but a pool in which GWs dropped for which they had no place for elsewhere. In this messy format they do not fit TWWH IMO.

However I would like to see the more coherent aspects, nameley the Southern Realms, to be turned into a proper playable faction.

Agreed. I do not believe the destruction RoR in particular fit into an 8th edition Warhammer fantasy interpretation of DoW based on Tilea, including Ogres.
  • #324448#324448 Registered Users Posts: 2,157

Race.

Ogres = Ogre Kingdoms...

Warhammer fantasy changed from 5/6th edition to 8th. It moved further away from it's campy RPG roots.
    Who the hell tagged this as abuse?
    Remember: there's no reason to get angry on the forums. Be polite and respectful towards other people's opinions, even if you disagree.

Let Slip the Dogs of War - A fanmade Campaign Pack concept
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/303462/let-loose-the-dogs-of-war-a-fanmade-campaign-pack-concept
  • RamsesIII#4621RamsesIII#4621 Registered Users Posts: 1,183
    Race coming in a campaign pack.
  • MaelasMaelas Registered Users Posts: 5,180
    DoW have an army book, with specific LLs that just happens to come from the one place CA have yet to develop, the Southern Realms.

They will 100% be a race, and they will have their 6th edition roster, which include both generic Ogres and Halflings and their respective RoRs.

DoW is the ragtag mix race, it'd be nonsensical to remove some of said races.

sykall said:

Agreed. I do not believe the destruction RoR in particular fit into an 8th edition Warhammer fantasy interpretation of DoW based on Tilea, including Ogres.
    That i disagree with. I could see the Southern realms having a Maneater ROR, but i just can't see them having Ogre units as standard units.

'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • Yurisusuki#3719Yurisusuki#3719 Registered Users Posts: 1,559
    edited February 2021
    Race 200%, with four factions.
    one based in Estalia
    Another in Tilea
    Ohter in the Border Princes
    And other as a mercenary band like those we have in 3k
    Gib mony plox i report u

http://www.pudim.com.br/

SALVATION

Maelas said:

DoW have an army book, with specific LLs that just happens to come from the one place CA have yet to develop, the Southern Realms.

They will 100% be a race, and they will have their 6th edition roster, which include both generic Ogres and Halflings and their respective RoRs.

DoW is the ragtag mix race, it'd be nonsensical to remove some of said races.

This dude gets it.
  • Sfigatto16Sfigatto16 Registered Users Posts: 273
    I always had the idea that southern realms should have a game style where the player have to decide to use expensive mercenaries or use their own population (negative effect lower income).
    This to represent the richness of this lands and at the same time the fact that they do not have a massive number of population thus counting on mercenaries.

sykall said:

That i disagree with. I could see the Southern realms having a Maneater ROR, but i just can't see them having Ogre units as standard units.
    I'm very torn on this and my opinion is a complete inconsistency I'll admit. I agree that they should have access to a maneater RoR, but not Ogres, or Slayer Pirates, but not Dwarfs.

But other examples feel too jarring. Like Greenskins or Dark Elves in totality.
  • #324448#324448 Registered Users Posts: 2,157
    Worth noting that the faction, in the diplomacy menu, is listed as "Southern Realms" - not "Dogs of War". Entirely possible that we get a roster made up of just the Southern Realms aspects of the Dogs of War without any of the other stuff.
    Remember: there's no reason to get angry on the forums. Be polite and respectful towards other people's opinions, even if you disagree.

Let Slip the Dogs of War - A fanmade Campaign Pack concept
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/303462/let-loose-the-dogs-of-war-a-fanmade-campaign-pack-concept

sykall said:

I'm very torn on this and my opinion is a complete inconsistency I'll admit. I agree that they should have access to a maneater RoR, but not Ogres, or Slayer Pirates, but not Dwarfs.

But other examples feel too jarring. Like Greenskins or Dark Elves in totality.
    RUGLUD'Z ARMOURED ORCS! Either as ROR for GS (Gork knows, they need more Orc RORs... they have 2 in total... rest is Gobbos or monsters...) or DoW

'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • mecanojavi99#6562mecanojavi99#6562 Registered Users Posts: 12,683
    Race 100%

DoW mixed with TEB would be the best way to make them, they would be one of the races with most RoR on the game.

On the subject of Ogres, give them Maneaters as a unit, without variants, just a basic unit, Golgfag should be the one taking most advantage of them in the proper OK, with variants and all.
    "By the fires of Hashut, let them burn in the flames of eternal torment!"
    - Anonymous

Race.

Ogres = Ogre Kingdoms...

Who the hell tagged this as abuse?
    Apparently I'm scary.

one based in Estalia
    Another in Tilea
    Ohter in the Border Princes
    And other as a mercenary band like those we have in 3k

Tilea: Borgio the Besieger

Estalia: Marco Colombo.

Border Princes: Mydas the mean

Mercenary Band: Morgan Bernhardt
  • Sfigatto16Sfigatto16 Registered Users Posts: 273