Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Should I try the Sisters of Twilight despite the fact that their mecanics seem to be useless?

2»

Comments

• MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,533
    RikRiorik said:

If one plays a Legendary Lord solely for their mechanics then the vast majority of Legendary Lords in game must be incredibly dull to play.

They are a DLC LLs. What's worse, the Sisters are the first ever LP for DLC. They have gotten scraps in terms of mechanics in comparison to Throt. Wood Elves have not even one LL with bespoke, flashy mechanics.
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 11,013

RikRiorik said:

If one plays a Legendary Lord solely for their mechanics then the vast majority of Legendary Lords in game must be incredibly dull to play.

They are a DLC LLs. What's worse, the Sisters are the first ever LP for DLC. They have gotten scraps in terms of mechanics in comparison to Throt. Wood Elves have not even one LL with bespoke, flashy mechanics.
    Yet I only enjoyed playing the Sisters and barely touched the Flesh Lab when playing Throt. And yet I'd rather play most of the non DLC Lords than their DLC counter parts with a few exceptions like Belegar, Skarsnik, Wulfhart and Tehenhauin.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    RikRiorik said:

RikRiorik said:

Yet I only enjoyed playing the Sisters and barely touched the Flesh Lab when playing Throt. And yet I'd rather play most of the non DLC Lords than their DLC counter parts with a few exceptions like Belegar, Skarsnik, Wulfhart and Tehenhauin.
    And I believe that you enjoy all that. But the Forge outrage shows that most people expected much more from the Sisters' mechanics.
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,690

RikRiorik said:

RikRiorik said:

And I believe that you enjoy all that. But the Forge outrage shows that most people expected much more from the Sisters' mechanics.

Could the presentation be better? Certainly. But in my opinion, the Forge is good as it is. Is it bad that the Flesh laboratory again is flashier? Yeah. But the Forge is fine t he way it is, just needs a better UI.
    #RIP BORIS! KILLED BY CA AND GW WITH SHORTSIGHTED CRUELTY JUST TO SHOVE KOSTALTYN DOWN OUR THROATS!

The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
    edited February 14

RikRiorik said:

RikRiorik said:

Could the presentation be better? Certainly. But in my opinion, the Forge is good as it is. Is it bad that the Flesh laboratory again is flashier? Yeah. But the Forge is fine t he way it is, just needs a better UI.
    The problem does not only lie with the presentation. Mechanic itself is the HE rite with extra steps. It is a bland, uninspired item dispenser.

I would go with something like this:

1. Daith - Vaul's Anvil UI where you can forge items the way you want, upgrade your units etc. Since both of the Sisters starts are in Naggarond, it would make sense to give them a quest to retrieve the Hammer of Vaul.

Winning battles and sacking settlements would provide players with rare metals - new resource for the Sister's faction. Travel the world for rare metals and discover, rediscover smithing recipes.

Players would be able to:
    1. Create new items the way they want, their costs would depend on their power - expensive option
    2. Get randomised items - cheaper option
    Said items would be upgradeable, with an option to melt them to recover rare metals.
    Better quality armours would slightly change the Sisters appearance by giving them new details, such as gems, small plates/scales etc. Nothing character altering, just refinements.

As for the units upgrades there could be two choices:
    1. Upgrade one unit by Daith personally: superior quality upgrade, expensive and on a long cooldown
    2. Let one of his apprentices do it: lesser quality upgrade, cheaper and on a shorter cooldown. There is a chance for it to fail and give unit a debuff

Every unit would have two or three upgrade slots. In order to for the unit to be qualified for an upgrade it would require certain ranks, for example:

Glade Guard:
    I. Reinforced bow and quiver:
    Rank 1: +x% bonus range
    Rank 4: +x% bonus range, -x% reload speed
    Rank 7: +x% bonus range, -x% reload speed, +x% missile damage and ammo capacity - Daith only upgrade

II. Reinforced blades and armour:
    Rank 1: +x% melee attack
    Rank 4: +x% melee attack, +x% melee defence
    Rank 7: +x% melee attack, +x% melee defence, +x% weapon strength and missile resistance - Daith only upgrade

III. Reinforced boots and cloak:
    Rank 1: +x% speed
    Rank 4: +x% speed, stalk
    Rank 7: +x% speed, stalk, snipe and vanguard deployment - Daith only upgrade

• KrunchKrunch Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,064
    Their mechanic isn't particularly interesting but not annoying at all at the very least, and the campaign itself is really quite fun, I had a very enjoyable vortex campaign.
  • BayesBayes Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,131
    The forge is actually really cool imo. The items can be very powerful and is in my opinion a good example of how a lord mechanic should work. Something that works with the game and not 1 sided garbage that makes you ignore the rest of the game instead.

That being said the hawk rider buff is everything a mechanic should not be. It shouldn't be stronger than the hero/lord ability even, it is just ridiculous, and it feels cheap. The game is so good why do they have to ruin their new content with dumb **** like this.
    If you see this lost little fellow please help him find his way home.