Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Would you be interested by a warhammer Age of Sigmar at some point?

Ulthuan_VolcanoUlthuan_Volcano Registered Users Posts: 100
edited February 14 in Total War General Chat
I don't want it right now, I'd like a game in 40k and a LOTR total war but at some point what if we had a game about Age of Sigmar? The setting is getting better and better over the years and most of the factions are really cool.

What do you think of this?
http://www.ulthuan.net/forum/ Ulthuan, Home of the Asur. If any high elf player is in the hobby too I would suggest you to check this forum.
Post edited by BillyRuffian on

Comments

• Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 24,876
    AoS is an interesting mix of great and terrible miniatures.

I wouldn't be against it, but it needs a good 10 years to sort itself out.
    I apologize in for everything I say till around 29/04
  • AmonkhetAmonkhet Registered Users Posts: 4,347
    I'd probably want LOTR, Redwall and Magic the Gathering covered before doing AoS. The lore might be decent by then.

40k I don't see having much appeal beyond being Space Marine and Chaos fanwank.
  • FerdiadLivesFerdiadLives Registered Users Posts: 122
    Never. I'd rather have CA and GW come to an agreement to keep expanding Total War: Warhammer 3 world with LL and new races for as long as possible.
  • DaruwindDaruwind Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,261
    edited February 13
    Im getting the same vibe as from MAgic the Gathering, high fantasy over top. Part of reason why old Wh fantasy, Tolkien and Witcher words are working for me is some grounding. In AoS, there no such feeling. I can imagine some pub in empire, Gotrek and Felix drinking around, getting on new adventure but try something like that for AoS. Nope. Not working at least for me...It was working as big parts were very common, dirty, ordinary and from that point, all crazy stuff were rising.

EDIT:
    Tolkien - you have casual Hobbits, humnas. And from that stories go to weird stuff. Yes, you meet dragons, balrogs, heck even 1vs1 Morgoth but that is not your daily stuff.
    Witcher - just imagine where will you most likely meet Geralt - in pub, in some village, hagling about price to kill some local pesky monster. He is not killing vampires or dragons each day.
    And the same goes for olf Fantasy Wh. Surely we have Ulthuan, Lustria, Temple cities and Nagash but that is like getting to extreme. Go back to the center...probably some human lands, empire or around Dwarfs. Stuff we can relate...

And that´s the problem with AoS. It is so much over top that people can hardly start to relate. And hardly go from that point onwards. Ask why we have fiery dwarfs that are not dwarfs, underwater elves, elves riding kangoroos..nothing of this is bad in its idea. But i fear main idea for all those to exist is to put trademark on it. That´s the issue. I don´t need trademarked pub and beet to get good story...

His Royal Highness, Phoenix King Finubar!

"It has been too long since I drew a blade in anger, Tyrion. You have been my sword, and Teclis has been my shield. But now it is time I fought my own battles!"
  • Jote191Jote191 Registered Users Posts: 450
    Not anytime soon, but yeah
  • HisShadowBGHisShadowBG Registered Users Posts: 3,053
    Nope

It was ironic. Out of the whole self-satisfied race, only one really had been so unique, and Aenarion had not needed to prove it or boast about it. He had been respected, loved and feared as their son tried so hard to be and never would.
  • 1v01v0 Registered Users Posts: 419
    edited February 13
    Nop for me. It's a high fantasy !

No, no, no Thank you! I prefer just a bit less fantasy (warhammer fantasy)!

EDIT:Oh and lets not forget the medieval space marines ! Nop thanks I already have 40k space marines
  • BeelzeBeelze Registered Users Posts: 326
    I think TWWH - The Old World might come in the future.
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,375
    No,just not interested in the setting and many designs remind me more of WOW or a MOBA than Warhammer.
    1v0 said:

EDIT:Oh and lets not forget the medieval space marines ! Nop thanks I already have 40k space marines
    Warhammer IS High Fantasy. Low fantasy usually means "set in the real world but with magic", exceptions usually are either a "mythological age of the real world" (LotR, Conan), or a secondary Society (Harry Potter)
    Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD! Clan Gunnisson! Karak Eight Peaks! JOSEF BUGMAN!

#PrayForBorisBokha (don't you dare kill of one of the 2 bigname Kislev characters in Backstory... he's the Bear guy!)

The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • 1v01v0 Registered Users Posts: 419

No,just not interested in the setting and many designs remind me more of WOW or a MOBA than Warhammer.

1v0 said:

Warhammer IS High Fantasy. Low fantasy usually means "set in the real world but with magic", exceptions usually are either a "mythological age of the real world" (LotR, Conan), or a secondary Society (Harry Potter)
    What I meant is AOS is higher than warhammer fantasy, and it's too much for me...
  • jamesbluewavejamesbluewave Registered Users Posts: 531
    WH3 isn’t even out yet....
  • BargrimmBargrimm Registered Users Posts: 292
    Age of Sigmar = Worst lore ever. So thanks but no thanks.
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,375
    Bargrimm said:

Age of Sigmar = Worst lore ever. So thanks but no thanks.

hahahahaha, you must've seen little in terms of Fantasy, Sci-Fi etc. Lore.
    Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD! Clan Gunnisson! Karak Eight Peaks! JOSEF BUGMAN!

#PrayForBorisBokha (don't you dare kill of one of the 2 bigname Kislev characters in Backstory... he's the Bear guy!)

The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • LepingLeping Registered Users Posts: 179
    Have you an exemple of a lore worst than AOS so ?

Leping said:

Have you an exemple of a lore worst than AOS so ?

Star Gate: Universe

Haven't heard much good about the new timeline Star Trek stuff

And at some point I'll remember stuff i know i successfully banished from my mind for the time being.

Oh. Twilight.

'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • RamaesRamaes Registered Users Posts: 88
    edited February 13
    Yes.
    The lore and miniatures are good. And it has more interesting races than fantasy.
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,254
    Just a reminder that WHFB, AoS, GoT, LotRs etc. are all ‘high fantasy’.
    Dragonlance is a better example of a Low Fantasy.
  • GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 5,894
    Absolutely, but I think it'll be at least 4th edition before it is ready for that (that would be about 5 years I think) at the speed they are filling out the lore, quite possibly later.
  • brago90brago90 Registered Users Posts: 785
    I have no problem with it. Although we must emphasize that AoS has much less content and characters, so if they do it, CA would have to plan it as a long-term project.

Personally I think that before we will see a new map in Warhammer 3 inspired by Warhammer: The Old World.

At 40k I only like tyranids so I'm not interested.

Lord of the rings might interest me but it would have to be about the first war against sauron. And it depends a lot on how they did it since I'm not a fan of the lord of the rings.
  • DeadpoolSWDeadpoolSW Registered Users Posts: 2,215
    I think it would be cool but as people have said, give it 10 years or so, so it has more time for lore/rosters/characters to develop.
    Nagash will rule again!

Justice for Chaos Dwarfs, Ogre Kingdoms, Araby, Albion, Amazons, Halflings, Nippon, Ind & the Hobgoblin Khanate!
  • EmeraldThanatosEmeraldThanatos Registered Users Posts: 1,894
    Yes, because it’s fun, and all the people whining about it have never played nor actually read lore. They’re just still salty about end times
    Ranking of all Total War games I've played:
    1. Three kingdoms
    2. Shogun 2
    3. Warhammer
    4. Medieval 2
    5. Thrones
    6. Attila
    7. Rome 2
    8. Napoleon
    9. Empire
    10. Troy (haven't actually played it, I'm just still salty)

Yes, because it’s fun, and all the people whining about it have never played nor actually read lore. They’re just still salty about end times

I don't think you can compare the two really yet, AoS doesn't have the same amount of lore and characters that the Old World had.
  • RamaesRamaes Registered Users Posts: 88

+1
  • mecanojavi99mecanojavi99 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 2,089
    At some point I think it's inevitable, but like others have said, it still needs some time in the oven, factions like the Gloomspite Gits only have like 1 or 2 possible LL.

The only AOS race that currently could be added to a Total War game without any problem and having room for DLC would be the Stormcast, but that is because GW decided to release their entire army in a very sort time to focus more on the other races.

Also, AOS hasn't reached its final number of races yet, we are still expecting things like Malerion and his shadow elves.

So, give it a time and it will eventually happen.

I have the feeling that we will see a Total War Warhammer: The Old World at some point, maybe as a Saga title instead of a big game, before we see a AOS one.
  • Sir_GodspeedSir_Godspeed Registered Users Posts: 3,051
    AoS is honestly more of a skirmishing game, tbh. I mean, you can have lots of minis, sure, but it's not specifically designed for it, imho.
    AoS would make a perfect Dawn of War RTS.
    Amonkhet said:

Don't quote me on this, but I believe that the people at Focus Home Interactive are working in one.

Amonkhet said:

Don't quote me on this, but I believe that the people at Focus Home Interactive are working in one.
    Wasn't that a lane-based game like Regicide I think the name was?
    edited February 13
    Amonkhet said:

Amonkhet said:

Wasn't that a lane-based game like Regicide I think the name was?

I don't now if the one they recently announced is the same from this chart, but this to me sounds very RTS.

EDIT: After a quick research it's the same, this is the trailer for the game and from the description it smells to me like it would be similar to the Mechanicus game.