Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Would you be interested by a warhammer Age of Sigmar at some point?

Comments

• TeNoSkillTeNoSkill Registered Users Posts: 3,795
    Not interested.

Age of Sigmar is completely Alien to me.
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,206

I don't want it right now, I'd like a game in 40k and a LOTR total war but at some point what if we had a game about Age of Sigmar? The setting is getting better and better over the years and most of the factions are really cool.

What do you think of this?

No. Never. Not ever.

This series is basically the best warhammer experience left, even with its issues. If they in the future made a better looking version of it? Fine. But I have absolutely NO interest in the fiction of Age of Sigmar at all. It's terrible.

I will never buy anything that is AoS in regards to WH products. TBH I hate the rebranding shenanigans they did in 40K 8th as well, but that's more tolerable at least.

AoS though? Literally never. Even GW must realize this to some degree as they have tried to bring the old world back some.
  • VerminionVerminion Registered Users Posts: 22
  • mecanojavi99mecanojavi99 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 2,053
    Itharus said:

I don't want it right now, I'd like a game in 40k and a LOTR total war but at some point what if we had a game about Age of Sigmar? The setting is getting better and better over the years and most of the factions are really cool.

No. Never. Not ever.

This series is basically the best warhammer experience left, even with its issues. If they in the future made a better looking version of it? Fine. But I have absolutely NO interest in the fiction of Age of Sigmar at all. It's terrible.

I will never buy anything that is AoS in regards to WH products. TBH I hate the rebranding shenanigans they did in 40K 8th as well, but that's more tolerable at least.

AoS though? Literally never. Even GW must realize this to some degree as they have tried to bring the old world back some.
    I mean AOS is more successfull that Fantasy ever was, The Old World I see it more as a move to gain back the old Fantasy players than because they think AOS is bad in any shape or form.

You cannot really compare a game with as much time as Fantasy with one that is literally in its infancy like AOS.
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,375

Itharus said:

No. Never. Not ever.

I mean AOS is more successfull that Fantasy ever was, The Old World I see it more as a move to gain back the old Fantasy players than because they think AOS is bad in any shape or form.

You cannot really compare a game with as much time as Fantasy with one that is literally in its infancy like AOS.
    THe Old world came from Forgeworld wanting to do AoS Godbeasts and GW Going "nope!". FW went "OK, then we'll bring back the Old WOrld!"

Also, I'd personally say that the success is not only because of hte AoS setting itself, but because GW in part drove Fantasy against the wall... "We'll have the world stagnate before the (probable) end of the world, while having highly priced minis for large scale normal battles!" etc.
    Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD! Clan Gunnisson! Karak Eight Peaks! JOSEF BUGMAN!

#PrayForBorisBokha (don't you dare kill of one of the 2 bigname Kislev characters in Backstory... he's the Bear guy!)

The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'

Itharus said:

No. Never. Not ever.

THe Old world came from Forgeworld wanting to do AoS Godbeasts and GW Going "nope!". FW went "OK, then we'll bring back the Old WOrld!"

Also, I'd personally say that the success is not only because of hte AoS setting itself, but because GW in part drove Fantasy against the wall... "We'll have the world stagnate before the (probable) end of the world, while having highly priced minis for large scale normal battles!" etc.
    Yeah, also Fantasy was from a time where GW wasn't the friendly talkative company that is today, with a lot less advertise for their games, and at some point they decided that 40k would be the priority, is not surprise that Fantasy eventually died.

Also AOS gains some popularity in part because Fantasy is the HH of AOS, all the Deamons are the same, Sigvald and Teclis are back, Sigmar is the same, ...
  • TexacoV2TexacoV2 Registered Users Posts: 531
    Beelze said:

I think TWWH - The Old World might come in the future.

WH1 with different Legendary lords?

Amonkhet said:

Amonkhet said:

AoS would make a perfect Dawn of War RTS.

Don't quote me on this, but I believe that the people at Focus Home Interactive are working in one.
    Wasn't that a lane-based game like Regicide I think the name was?

I don't now if the one they recently announced is the same from this chart, but this to me sounds very RTS.

EDIT: After a quick research it's the same, this is the trailer for the game and from the description it smells to me like it would be similar to the Mechanicus game.

There is two strategy games being developed.
    Yes i would be.
    TexacoV2 said:

Amonkhet said:

Amonkhet said:

AoS would make a perfect Dawn of War RTS.

Don't quote me on this, but I believe that the people at Focus Home Interactive are working in one.
    Wasn't that a lane-based game like Regicide I think the name was?

I don't now if the one they recently announced is the same from this chart, but this to me sounds very RTS.

EDIT: After a quick research it's the same, this is the trailer for the game and from the description it smells to me like it would be similar to the Mechanicus game.

There is two strategy games being developed.
    From what I know the only AOS game that FHI is developing is the one from the trailer, the other two are 40K.
    TexacoV2 said:

Beelze said:

I think TWWH - The Old World might come in the future.

WH1 with different Legendary lords?
    Smaller scale, different timeline, different characters, but not big enough for a big Total War game.
  • MasariusMasarius Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,099
    Nope.
    Till shade is gone,
    till water is gone,
    into the Shadow with the teeth bared,
    screaming defiance with the last breath,
    to spit into Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day
  • Qwerty55Qwerty55 Registered Users Posts: 695
    At this point I would literally rather just have a historical game like Pike and Shot: Total War. I am getting burnt out on fantasy and with whatever three kingdoms and troy are classified as.
  • OdTengriOdTengri Registered Users Posts: 5,235
    Not interested
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 24,839
    You've got to keep in mind AoS is a few years old and they're trying a bunch of stuff. They don't really know what works and what doesn't. They've got a better idea now than when they started, but it'll take a good 5-10 years for them to really dial in what AoS is, and to get the lore, characters, and factions all up and running.
    I apologize in for everything I say till around 29/04
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,375
    Qwerty55 said:

At this point I would literally rather just have a historical game like Pike and Shot: Total War. I am getting burnt out on fantasy and with whatever three kingdoms and troy are classified as.

Empire II, Victoria, Medieval III, Italian Wars and 30 Years War as Saga...
    Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD! Clan Gunnisson! Karak Eight Peaks! JOSEF BUGMAN!

#PrayForBorisBokha (don't you dare kill of one of the 2 bigname Kislev characters in Backstory... he's the Bear guy!)

The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • AmonkhetAmonkhet Registered Users Posts: 4,335
    Qwerty55 said:

Its gonna be hard to go back to factions that all look and play the same.
  • GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 5,851
    Qwerty55 said:

I assume that is what the Historical team are working on now.
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,200
    AoS would work fine as a TW game, the only issue is it would be similar to WHFB. The entire Skaven roster would almost be the same.

AoS would work fine as a TW game, the only issue is it would be similar to WHFB. The entire Skaven roster would almost be the same.

Why would you include them in the game when they havent had a proper battletome yet?

The four monogods, new factions like Idoneath Deepkin and Stormcast eternals plus any old factions that got a proper battle tome would get in.
  • GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 5,851

Itharus said:

No. Never. Not ever.

Really? Did not know FW wanted to do godbeasts and then decided on OW instead, do you have a source for that? Would have been weird though, even the smallest Godbeast would have had to be at least the size of a Warlord, and that's probably scaling them down a lot still.

But I really hope OW is like titanicus and shared between GW and FW. With FW prices (and tbh quality), it would be a hard nope from me if it was pure FW, unless they took this opportunity to start using plastic, stop being extortionate and make a rank and file game that was actually accessable and didn't require £2000 to get a 2000 point army. If it is reasonable I will likely be happy to drop a few hundred pounds on a TK army tbh, if it is crappy overpriced resin nonsense then absolutely not.
    Wait AoS was gonna do Godbeasts as Not-Titans? Thats pretty cringe.
    Amonkhet said:

Why would you include them in the game when they havent had a proper battletome yet?

The four monogods, new factions like Idoneath Deepkin and Stormcast eternals plus any old factions that got a proper battle tome would get in.

Amonkhet said:

*Proper* Battletome is the key word.

With proper Great Clan lists or equivalent.
    Amonkhet said:

Amonkhet said:

It’s a Battletome for AoS
    Skaven is a faction within AoS
    Skaven has official rules within AoS
    Skaven has unique AoS only models
    I have seen many official battle reports with Skaven

The arbitrary use of the word ‘proper’ does not change the above; nor does it stop the Skaven being in an AoS game.
  • BonutzBonutz Registered Users Posts: 3,769
    Sure, why not?
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I’m all out of bubblegum.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 24,839
    Amonkhet said:

Amonkhet said:

I see you instantly moved the goalposts.
    I apologize in for everything I say till around 29/04

Amonkhet said:

Amonkhet said:

I see you instantly moved the goalposts.
    I love the fact that he knows what factions will and won’t be included into a game that doesn’t exist.. especially considering we’ve seen the arrival of Grand Cathay in a WHFB game..
  • RamsesIIIRamsesIII Registered Users Posts: 563
    Absolutely, but I think it needs some time to flesh out some of its armies and lore, some don't even have playable named characters yet as far as I know. Though at the same time I can't help but feel like there's no way I can like it as much as this trilogy, considering the sheer amount of content we're getting (for a significant price, of course).
    RamsesIII said:

Absolutely, but I think it needs some time to flesh out some of its armies and lore, some don't even have playable named characters yet as far as I know. Though at the same time I can't help but feel like there's no way I can like it as much as this trilogy, considering the sheer amount of content we're getting (for a significant price, of course).

The ideal twist for the story would be some of the more godlike characters making a sacrifice, losing their physical form and creating a new world in the material realm. Living a creation myth is too much, it would be great to get back to basics and a bit more gritty realism.