Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Is Total War lone wolf a possibility?

lucibuislucibuis Registered Users Posts: 6,580
edited February 16 in Total War General Chat
I hope it’s the next fantasy game, so loreful and cool

https://lonewolf.fandom.com/wiki/Lone_Wolf
Ariel only, no fads allowed.

Post edited by BillyRuffian on

Comments

• ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 19,692
    No it isn’t.
    Justice for Kiwi123, neodeinos and FungusHound, the mighty Troll Slayers.
  • Man2008kindMan2008kind Bucharest, RomaniaRegistered Users Posts: 1,423
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 24,715
    You're in the wrong section.

This section is about Total War Warhammer.

Kia Kaha and C'est La Vie Kiwi123, neodeinos and FungusHound, the mighty Troll Slayers.

I apologize in advance/currently for everything I say between 15/04 and probably 29/04
  • LordCommanderLordCommander Registered Users Posts: 1,928

You're in the wrong section.

And the wrong genre.

Also, lol.
  • PocmanPocman Registered Users Posts: 4,179
    No.

Lone wolf (thought I didn't know what you were talking about at first, but apparently, I did read one of the books a long time ago) wasn't ever as popular as Warhammer. And it was discontinued (at least the books) more than 20 years ago...
  • LoreguyLoreguy Registered Users Posts: 421
    Oh the happy memories!

But no. There are better candidates.
  • oliverpmasonoliverpmason Registered Users Posts: 1,134
    I loved those books. But no.
  • lucibuislucibuis Registered Users Posts: 6,580
    edited February 16
    Pocman said:

No.

Lone wolf (thought I didn't know what you were talking about at first, but apparently, I did read one of the books a long time ago) wasn't ever as popular as Warhammer. And it was discontinued (at least the books) more than 20 years ago...

It has resumed, there are 29 books now and 3 being written by joe devers son I believe. Also the first books have the same illustrator of warhammer, Gary chalk, which is cool.

It has a few correspondences with warhammer:

- an old champion of darkness, Agarash, has left 10 stones of power around the world, similarly to Nagash I believe, names are also similar

- the dark lands are very similar, in lone Wolf they are inhabited by the Darklords and their minions

- there is a god of evil, Naar. He kind of looks like nurgle

- there is also a chaos lord in book 11, in another dimension

The books are free online at the project aon website, they are a million shades of cool

• AraethonAraethon Registered Users Posts: 765
    Don’t see at all how this could be a total war game. It’s literally just choice-your-own-adventure line of fantasy books. Warhammer at least has both a setting and units/characters to implement on a grand scale.
  • lucibuislucibuis Registered Users Posts: 6,580
    Araethon said:

Don’t see at all how this could be a total war game. It’s literally just choice-your-own-adventure line of fantasy books. Warhammer at least has both a setting and units/characters to implement on a grand scale.

It has also an RPG game with a detailed description of the world and it’s kingdoms