Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Warhammer is approaching its last title...

13»

Comments

• WyvaxWyvax Registered Users Posts: 4,172
    You know what? Give us a TW game that steals Civilization's thunder. A world map that starts out in the Bronze age and let's you progress through various historical technologies and troop types, with the history never quite the same as you progress and change as a nation-state.
    Tomes read: The Great Betrayal, Master of Dragons, Curse of the Phoenix Crown, Trollslayer, Skavenslayer, Daemonslayer, Dragonslayer, Beastslayer, Vampireslayer, Malekith, The Bloody Handed, Shadow King
    Bring back proper naval battles CA!!!
    Me when I see a LL character implemented as a LH.

• KrabbzKrabbz FranceRegistered Users Posts: 460
    I don't understand people saying that 40K would be hard to do because of shooting and stuff...

Skavens are basically a 40K race at this point. They have zap-zap just like in 40k, machine guns and flamethrowers.

Muh in 40k it's about skirmish not lines of infantry. Yeah there are many skirmisher units in fantasy too.

Muh Space Marines are op, how to balance them vs Imperials guards? Unit size.

Muh the technology doesn't exist yet. Lmao what the hell do you know about that.

It would definitely need an engine upgrade but we already know it's coming with the next game after TW:WH3.
    So it's definitely possible. I really hope they do. I'd be ok with AOS too.

But LOTR would be boring as ****. I love the setting but, less unit variety, less races, less magic, cheap version of Warhammer imo.
  • ThirdeyeThirdeye Registered Users Posts: 251
    Gee, what about Fantasy Naval battles, Man-of-War/Dreadfleet? After WHTW it’s the most logical next step/tent pole. They could even make it as an add-on to the trilogy. I really don’t think the Warhammer world CA created would be complete without it. Gotta have it to complete the series. It’s the last element, the Fantasy battles full Monty.
  • Man2008kindMan2008kind Bucharest, RomaniaRegistered Users Posts: 1,449
    edited February 16
    Thirdeye said:

Gee, what about Fantasy Naval battles, Man-of-War/Dreadfleet? After WHTW it’s the most logical next step/tent pole. They could even make it as an add-on to the trilogy. I really don’t think the Warhammer world CA created would be complete without it. Gotta have it to complete the series. It’s the last element, the Fantasy battles full Monty.

Total War community in Attila/ToB: naval battles are s**t
    Total War community in Warhammer: gIvE uS nAvAl BaTtLeS
    I don't get it.
  • Man2008kindMan2008kind Bucharest, RomaniaRegistered Users Posts: 1,449
    Crosswire said:

After coming from WH, I fell like LOTR would be a downgrade in the sheer diversity of options. There just aren't enough races/factions in it compared to WH.

As for 40k, it might work, but I think the scale and structure of TW games are wrong for it. 40K is a galaxy spanning setting featuring untold billions of soldiers - the Imperial Guard has no clue just how many they have, and given the shear number of casualties they suffer daily, it is an impossible task anyway. TW 40K armies would feel weirdly small.

On top of that, given that TW seems to encourage doomstacks of elite units, you'll end up with no basic units that should make up most armies - no Gaurdsmen in Imperial Guard units, no basic boyz in ork units, etc.

And it will also feel awfully contrived to shove every single faction into a small region of space to fight it out. Imperial Guard, Sisters of Battle, various chapters of Space Marines, orks, eldar, dark eldar, tau, the various chaos factions, necrons and tyranids all in one comparatively small region of space? It doesn't really work.

My vote would be for CA to not chase after any IPs and just work on their own setting - take what they have learned from WH and go wild, unrestrained by IP settings and lore.

LotR potential races

It's more than TWW1.
  • TheGreatPamphletTheGreatPamphlet Registered Users Posts: 972

Thirdeye said:

I don't get it.
    It's almost if they expect from CA to fix/improve the existing features, instead of simply removing them, but still selling its products with the same (or actually increased) price.
    Nestor.

Allah, Suriya, Bashar w Bas!

• davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,189

Thirdeye said:

I don't get it.
    Not enough people played them
    They cost a lot of money to create
    Get rid
    Personally I buy TW games for land battles so I'm glad they got rid personally.