Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Poll : Next Historical Total War

greendolphingreendolphin Registered Users Posts: 53
edited February 17 in Total War General Chat
Which historical title do you want to be released?

https://strawpoll.com/wxsk4oy6c

Please share it for more participants

Comments

• jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 10,645
    Please add Mongols
    What is the difference between Victorian and Empire 2?

Renaissance is also Pike and Shot, right?

Where are Great Norther War and Thiety Years War?
  • greendolphingreendolphin Registered Users Posts: 53
    edited February 17
    jamreal18 said:

What is the difference between Victorian and Empire 2?

Renaissance is also Pike and Shot, right?

Where are Great Norther War and Thiety Years War?

Victorian era is 19th century whilst Empire 2 is before that. It might seem the same but there are tons of differences between them.

Also both war of the spanish succession and great northern war are dlc materials for empire 2.

And yes, pike and shot period is in the rennaissance.
    I believe Alexanxder and Acahemid Empire also deserve a place instead of Rome 3.
  • Maxim1lianMaxim1lian Registered Users Posts: 64
    Medieval

There was also a vote on Reddit recently. True, there have been similar votes on Reddit before, but this is the most recent:

Many are still waiting for the Medieval. The expectations from the game are too high and the developers understand this. It is possible that even it will be made on a new engine - more historical, without fantasy elements.

There are also people who want the new Medieval to cover all of Eurasia and part of Africa. Yesterday I wrote in Discord about this, why I am against this option:

"Only within the framework of a separate historical game in High and Late Medieval Asia, covering such territories as China, Korea, Japan, India, Mongolia, Siberia, and Southeast Asia, as well as the mountainous regions of Central Asia.

I believe that Asia and Europe should get different games, without merging into a huge map, like in the Wahrammer trilogy. A game about Europe should cover all of Europe, North Africa and Western Asia.

This would allow us to make a large map for each game right away at release. In these games, there would be a large number of regions and provinces, this would contribute to a large number of cities and towns, as well as castles and fortresses. And as a trilogy, one could simply do different campaigns in periods of about 150 years. 1 campaign - 1050-1200 (11-12 centuries)
    2 campaign - 1200-1350 (13-14 centuries)
    3 campaign - 1350-1500 (14-15 centuries)
    This way you can work out each campaign more historical, detailed and deeper. Each period is more accurate historical states, historical events, historical characters, more detailed, detailed and varied military affairs and units (I hope there will be almost no clones of warrior models inside the units, as in the Three Kingdoms), as well as historical architecture"
    jamreal18 said:

I believe Alexanxder and Acahemid Empire also deserve a place instead of Rome 3.

Added Alexander too.

edited February 17
    @greendolphin I suggest you post this survey on 3K forum section, twcenter, reddit, facebook and reddit as well
    edited February 17
    @Maxim1lian I prefer Medieval to be made in new engine though

Maybe Chapter Pack will work as High And Late Middle Ages.

Campaign Packs:
    Northern Crusade
    Holy Land Crusade
    100 Years War.

Mongols as Expansion Pack.

Europe and Asia sould have sparate games in my opinion. Sometimes, I want to play Europe Medieval only. Sometimes Genghiz Khan only.

If you own both games, combined maps shall be possible if you want Epic Campaign.
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 19,475
    Medieval 3 + Mongols as 2 combined TW games with a giant map from England to Japan.
    Justice for Kiwi123, neodeinos and FungusHound, the mighty Troll Slayers.
    jamreal18 said:

@Maxim1lian I prefer Medieval to be made in new engine though

Maybe Chapter Pack will work as High And Late Middle Ages.

Campaign Packs:
    Northern Crusade
    Holy Land Crusade
    100 Years War.

Mongols as Expansion Pack.

Europe and Asia sould have sparate games in my opinion. Sometimes, I want to play Europe Medieval only. Sometimes Genghiz Khan only.

If you own both games, combined maps shall be possible if you want Epic Campaign.

This is unlikely, since the plan that I described implies support for one of the games for 5 years, like the same Warhammer trilogy. That is, if a separate game in Medieval Asia is released, and in which there will be 3 campaigns - 1 release, and the other 2 will be added within 5 years. Then if the next game in Medieval Europe may be completely different from the point of view of the engine, or its version, as well as more "fresh" visually. I doubt that in this case it will be possible to combine them.

For that separately, these games will be well and deeply worked out. The developer does not have to work on Asia and Europe at once, this will allow to plan and create everything more accurately and orderly
    ArneSo said:

Medieval 3 + Mongols as 2 combined TW games with a giant map from England to Japan.

That doesn't seem very possible to me.

edited February 17

ArneSo said:

Why?

CA would just have to copy the game concept of TWWH for a historic title.

- Medieval 3: Part 1 = Europe, Middle East and Africa

- Medieval 3: Part 2 = Asia

If you own both games you have a giant combined campaign.
    That’s the only way to really represent the Mongol Empire.

Post edited by ArneSo on
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,157
    After WH3 I am probably done with the Total War franchise, as their late historical titles have been fantasy titles anyway.

3K and Troy do not entice me in the least.

However, by halo effect, Thrones of Britannia came out smelling like roses.
    ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

Why?

CA would just has to copy the game concept of TWWH for a historic title.

Asia is too massive that's why.
  • FerestorFerestor Registered Users Posts: 623
    Empire 2 would be nice.

Give us a bigger map and more factions (Europe was so little...)

And the naval warfare was amazing.
  • sykallsykall Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,223
    Age of Discovery Total War or something like this. From 1500 to ca 1700.
    This would make a global setting possible, and contain many diverse combat styles, as rank and file gunpowder lines were not used by that point. Also the world is not as euro-dominated as in later century, which would offer vast opportunities for the player.

And when I mean global, I mean global. Not just europe and the middle east, but various american, african and asian civilizations should be playable. And it offers so many opportunities for the player to step in and redirect history for thier choosing.
    Do you want to repell the ottomans as the holy league, or dominate europe? Do you want to avoid the 30 years for or make the swedish the new dominant power in central europe? Do you want to rebuild a pseudo-carthage as the north-african barbareskes? Do you wan to defeat the manchurians and save the Ming dynasty and then dominate the seas with your treasure fleets? Or invade japan as korea? Or lead an incan invasion into north america? And drive back the european colonizers into the sea and then follow them home? Or do you want to make Mali the richest country in the world once again? Or or or.

The possibilities of this setting would be great, the factions would be great, the gameplay would be great. But of course some smaller breaks from history would occur at some point. E.g. that an american people would buy or copy european ships to be able to leave the americas. Though these things did happen. E.g. the mapuche were great at using and refining spanish war tactics and administrations and held out against them for centuries.
    I wrote about voting on Discord
  • MrDragonMrDragon Registered Users Posts: 1,795
    edited February 17
    Just to remind everybody (not saying you forgot but just in case) that the fantasy team is not responsible for historical titles and the next historical title is already in production and none of this is related to TWWH3.

So this thread is entirely in the wrong topic.
  • AmonkhetAmonkhet Registered Users Posts: 4,290
    No option for skip historical entirely and do the next Fantasy title?
  • DeadpoolSWDeadpoolSW Registered Users Posts: 2,170
    MrDragon said:

Just to remind everybody (not saying you forgot but just in case) that the fantasy team is not responsible for historical titles and the next historical title is already in production and none of this is related to TWWH3.

So this thread is entirely in the wrong topic.

I just popped over to the 3K page, and it's been posted in that topic as well, so they should probably all be merged and moved to off-topic.
    Nagash will rule again!

Justice for Chaos Dwarfs, Ogre Kingdoms, Araby, Albion, Amazons, Halflings, Nippon, Ind & the Hobgoblin Khanate!
  • Sfigatto16Sfigatto16 Registered Users Posts: 220
    sykall said:

This would make a global setting possible, and contain many diverse combat styles, as rank and file gunpowder lines were not used by that point. Also the world is not as euro-dominated as in later century, which would offer vast opportunities for the player.

And when I mean global, I mean global. Not just europe and the middle east, but various american, african and asian civilizations should be playable. And it offers so many opportunities for the player to step in and redirect history for thier choosing.
    Do you want to repell the ottomans as the holy league, or dominate europe? Do you want to avoid the 30 years for or make the swedish the new dominant power in central europe? Do you want to rebuild a pseudo-carthage as the north-african barbareskes? Do you wan to defeat the manchurians and save the Ming dynasty and then dominate the seas with your treasure fleets? Or invade japan as korea? Or lead an incan invasion into north america? And drive back the european colonizers into the sea and then follow them home? Or do you want to make Mali the richest country in the world once again? Or or or.

The possibilities of this setting would be great, the factions would be great, the gameplay would be great. But of course some smaller breaks from history would occur at some point. E.g. that an american people would buy or copy european ships to be able to leave the americas. Though these things did happen. E.g. the mapuche were great at using and refining spanish war tactics and administrations and held out against them for centuries.

The game should start before 1453 to be able to play as the East Roman Empire and rebuild the old glory of the Empire.
    The wet dream of every TW player.
  • IagoArmengolIagoArmengol Registered Users Posts: 18
    After Warhammer 3, Warhammer Old World.

As for the historical title, the answer is clear: Medieval III.
    No one expects the Skarsnik inquisition.

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

Why?

CA would just has to copy the game concept of TWWH for a historic title.

Asia is too massive that's why.
    How?
    sykall said:

sykall said:

The game should start before 1453 to be able to play as the East Roman Empire and rebuild the old glory of the Empire.
    The wet dream of every TW player.

Invention of printing press in 1436 is a good starting date for rennaissance/age of discovery i believe.

Although Eastern Roman Empire only consists of Constantinople back then as well, it can be a fun challenge don't you think?
  • ASyrianASyrian Registered Users Posts: 471

Which historical title do you want to be released after this point?

https://strawpoll.com/wxsk4oy6c

Please share it for more participants

Warhammer 40k ofc
    @greendolphin
    It clearly wouldn’t be to big if CA splits the map in 2 different games with 1 combined map.

Medieval 3 Part 1:

Medieval 3 Part 2:

Combined Campaign a-la Mortal Empires:

• DendrofielDendrofiel Registered Users Posts: 102
    This vote is rigged. Strawpoll is Venezuelan website and the results are fake. I have it on good authority that Empre 2 is way more popular.

They are just trying to subverse our wishes to create a process of demorilisation. So eventually we can only play Ultimate General and Admiral... These Bannerlord Timmy's are trying to steal our beloved CA. So they can make their Bourgois propaganda and avoid showing revolutionaire images...
  • TheGreatPamphletTheGreatPamphlet Registered Users Posts: 969
    None. Historical TW is probably dead for the foreseeable future. The only historical TW I can see is maybe an expansion for 3K, something like the Warring States.
    Nestor.

Allah, Suriya, Bashar w Bas!

• shattishatti Registered Users Posts: 678
    i want a world like mount and blade
    historical cultures but set in a hypothetical world
    heavy focus in cultures and freedom to not follow historical lands ownership or historical names
    basically A isn't restricted to be A anymore
    ........and B isn't restricted to be B anymore
    but realism & cultures exist

and i want this settings because i could see a huge potential in it with unlimited flexibility
    but maybe i'm crazy because i love real history to