Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Likeliest trailer-day

JungleElfJungleElf Registered Users Posts: 3,193
Hello there,

Quite a few among us are expecting a trailer either this week or the next. But which day will be the likeliest? Here's a list of the game 2 DLC reveal days:

19 december 2017 RotTK (tuesday)
17 mei 2018 Q&C (thursday)
4 oktober 2018 CotVC (thursday)
4 april 2019 P&W (thursday)
29 augustus 2019 H&B (thursday)
27 november 2019 S&B (wednesday)
7 mei 2020 W&P (thursday)
19 november 2020 T&T (thursday)

Thursday seems the best option. Seeing how teasers are usually shown the day before, it's safe to assume today (tuesday) will be a quiet one. So, maybe a teaser tomorrow, trailer on thursday. Or the same days, but next week.

Or we might have been wrong altogether.

Comments

• ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 17,783
    Yeah either this Thursday or the next.

CA seems to be quiet about it on Reddit so that gives me hope that our assumptions are right.
  • damon40000damon40000 Registered Users Posts: 277
    but tuesday newsday is still going strong, maybe we will have a bomb dropped a little later
    BsFG dwarf
  • GBoneGBone Registered Users Posts: 475
    Wednesday* teaser, Thursday* trailer.

*in April
  • JungleElfJungleElf Registered Users Posts: 3,193
    GBone said:

*in April

The recent GW-branch update and content-creators having access to a different build point towards an imminent reveal.
    JungleElf said:

GBone said:

*in April

The recent GW-branch update and content-creators having access to a different build point towards an imminent reveal.
    I know, but announcement in February?! I want it to be true, but I've seen many times when this forum has convinced itself that news is coming any day when it's been months off.

That said, the GW branch update does seem to point that way. I remain pessimistic, with a glimmer of hope!
  • NopeacejustwarNopeacejustwar Registered Users Posts: 1,152
    It ain’t coming this month. Prepared to be disappointed.
    GBone said:

JungleElf said:

GBone said:

*in April

I know, but announcement in February?! I want it to be true, but I've seen many times when this forum has convinced itself that news is coming any day when it's been months off.

That said, the GW branch update does seem to point that way. I remain pessimistic, with a glimmer of hope!
    It looks like it. Also makes sense from
    CAs perspective. They probably wanna finish WH2 ASAP to completely focus on WH3.
    GBone said:

JungleElf said:

GBone said:

*in April

These are the indicators, though, and they haven't been wrong.

I'm still baffled, as well, but it really points towards an imminent reveal. I expected DLC news come april or may.
  • BonutzBonutz Registered Users Posts: 3,409
    Tuesday Newsday Cometh
  • damon40000damon40000 Registered Users Posts: 277

It ain’t coming this month. Prepared to be disappointed.

thats my secret, i am always prepared
    BsFG dwarf
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 10,561
    Thursday it is, in it I trust and thrust myself into it thoroughly.
    animacja-sygn-3.gif

JungleElf said:

GBone said:

JungleElf said:

GBone said:

*in April

I'm still baffled, as well, but it really points towards an imminent reveal. I expected DLC news come april or may.
    I just don't get how they could do a faction rework in that timescale. They've done one with every other LP, with the exception of S&B, when they warned us in advance there wouldn't be one and that they were working on turn times instead.

Well, I'll still be hammering refresh at 3pm tomorrow, hoping very much to be proved wrong.
    GBone said:

JungleElf said:

GBone said:

JungleElf said:

GBone said:

*in April

I just don't get how they could do a faction rework in that timescale. They've done one with every other LP, with the exception of S&B, when they warned us in advance there wouldn't be one and that they were working on turn times instead.

Well, I'll still be hammering refresh at 3pm tomorrow, hoping very much to be proved wrong.
    It’s very likely that they got support from free WH3 devs.

It’s also possible that the rework was already done.

There are a million reasons why this DLC comes out earlier.
  • HamadhunterHamadhunter Registered Users Posts: 1,615
    Always thanks @Schub

For literally creating this list!
  • cabans33cabans33 Registered Users Posts: 302
    I see completely feasible beastmen rework taking shorter than expected as for sure they have been working on it well before the WE dlc release (at least the mechanic concept/design), as the mechanic for sure will interact/integrate with:

1. Woodelf mechanic (they should be able to attack/corrupt forests somehow different than other factions) and

2. Demons/chaos mechanic
  • TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Registered Users Posts: 10,338
    Thursday is most likely
    It needs to be pointed out that what people call "cheese" is just playing the game the way it actually exists not in some fictional way they think it is supposed to work.
  • KuntingWarriorKuntingWarrior Registered Users Posts: 1,644

Always thanks @Schub

Did I accidentally copy his work?
  • PraiseSigmawPraiseSigmaw Registered Users Posts: 1,083
    ''When shall we three meet again?''

''Well i could do Tuesday.''
    Cathay should have been DLC.
    Ogre Kingdoms when CA?
    Dogs of War need Ogres and halflings.
  • GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 5,625
    GBone said:

JungleElf said:

GBone said:

JungleElf said:

GBone said:

*in April

The answer to this is, like S&B which had a similar timescale, it doesn't have a rework. WEs were in CA's words, and experiment, then a DLC with a release in line with one that had no rework? Seems fairly clear. My bet DEs vs VC, and we may get a minor reworking of VC Bloodline mechanics (S&B had Potion of Speed, so they have time to do a minor rework I think).
  • SchubSchub Registered Users Posts: 451
    JungleElf said:

Always thanks @Schub

Did I accidentally copy his work?
    I think he is referring to the following message in which I show the dlc release dates among other things. Don't think you "copied" it but even if I wouldn't care :).
    Schub said:

OK guys just for you a short Gamesworkshop branch analysis:
    T&T release 03-12-2020
    T&T announcement 19-11-2020
    => GW Branch Update: 06-11-2020
    ( No Press Branch!)

G&P release 21-05-2020
    G&P announcement 07-05-2020
    => Press Branch Update: 30-04-2020
    => GW Branch Update: 28-04-2020

S&B release 12-12-2019
    S&B announcement 27-11-2019
    => Press Branch Update: 22-11-2019
    => GW Branch Update 22-11-2019

H&B release 11-09-2019
    H&B announcement 29-08-2019
    => Press Branch Update: 30-08-2019 (very late, maybe I missed something?)
    => GW Branch Update 25-07-2019 (and 09-08-20219)

Blood God event 17-05-2019
    => GW Branch Update 14-05-2019 (and 07-05-2019)

P&W release 17-04-2019 (wednesday!)
    P&W announcement 04-04-2019
    => Press Branch Update 09-04-2019 (Press update after announcement!)
    => GW Branch Update 29-03-2019

Vampire Coast release 08-11-2018
    Vampire Coast announcement 04-10-2018
    => Press Branch Update 26-10-2018
    => GW Branch UPdate 21-09-2018 (a lot of updates between this date and the announcement)

Q&C release 31-05-2018
    Q&C announcement 17-05-2018
    => GW Branch Update 03-05-2018
    ( No Press Branch!)

Tomb Kings release 23-01-2018
    Tomb Kings announcement 19-12-2017
    => Press Branch Update 11-12-2017
    => GW Branch Update 01-12-2017

In short:
    First GW Branch Update before announcement in days:
    T&T: 13 days
    G&P: 9 days
    S&B: 5 days (very short, did I miss something?)
    H&B: 15 days
    Blood God event 2019: 3 days
    P&W: 6 days
    Vampire Coast: 13 days
    Q&C: 14 days
    Tomb Kings: 18 days

Sigmar protect us all...

Goatforce said:

GBone said:

JungleElf said:

GBone said:

JungleElf said:

GBone said:

*in April

The answer to this is, like S&B which had a similar timescale, it doesn't have a rework. WEs were in CA's words, and experiment, then a DLC with a release in line with one that had no rework? Seems fairly clear. My bet DEs vs VC, and we may get a minor reworking of VC Bloodline mechanics (S&B had Potion of Speed, so they have time to do a minor rework I think).
    CA said that they want to bring all WH1 races on par and WoC will obviously get their rework with the launch of WH3 and Monogods.

That means 1 race is left. Just like 1 DLC is left.

It’s no rocket science. 😂
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,362
    it comes when it comes.
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • SchubSchub Registered Users Posts: 451
    ArneSo said:

Goatforce said:

GBone said:

JungleElf said:

GBone said:

JungleElf said:

GBone said:

*in April

CA said that they want to bring all WH1 races on par and WoC will obviously get their rework with the launch of WH3 and Monogods.

Why you always forget Norsca! :( They need at least a small rework just like Bretonnia. Yes Norsca got a technology upgrade like Bretonnia but they still got the Vow mechanic later. Norsca needs also an update so you can sail the new world and loot cities instead of defending Norsca from the Empire, Bretonnia, High Elves and Skaven.
    Sigmar protect us all...

• GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 5,625
    ArneSo said:

Goatforce said:

GBone said:

JungleElf said:

GBone said:

JungleElf said:

GBone said:

*in April

In order to make a BM pack work you have to magically pull developers from something else (like a major title currently in the last leg of it's development). We have never had a major rework this quick, whereas we have had a DLC out in this timeframe without one.

As you said they want to bring all WH1 races up to date, that isn't a promise that all will be, and as you noted they have already broken that as WoC will be updated in game 3. That statement proves nothing.

Correct, it isn't rocket science, the DLC lines up with a S&B style release with no rework, and CA saying they want all game 1 races to be updated before WH3 is not an ironclad promise that they will be - and given WoC we know they won't be anyway. I would love to be wrong on this but the evidence points to it not being BM atm.
  • LaindeshLaindesh Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,428
    Schub said:

ArneSo said:

Goatforce said:

GBone said:

JungleElf said:

GBone said:

JungleElf said:

GBone said:

*in April

Why you always forget Norsca! :( They need at least a small rework just like Bretonnia. Yes Norsca got a technology upgrade like Bretonnia but they still got the Vow mechanic later. Norsca needs also an update so you can sail the new world and loot cities instead of defending Norsca from the Empire, Bretonnia, High Elves and Skaven.
    Wait, actively having to defend ones territories is considered a bug to be fixed now?
    O.o
    Schub said:

ArneSo said:

Goatforce said:

GBone said:

JungleElf said:

GBone said:

JungleElf said:

GBone said:

*in April

I didn’t forget Norsca.

CA wants to bring all WH1 races on par with the WH2 races. That’s their goal.

Now look at LM and then look at Norsca. Who has more up to date mechanics? I would say that Norsca is pretty on par with LM and even HE when it comes to mechanics.

Norsca will get a rework and also a LP at some point but not in WH2. Right now they are still doing good. Monster hunts are super fun and favour of the gods is also a good mechanic.

At this point only BM are left behind. They still feel like an Attila faction from 2015.
    Laindesh said:

Schub said:

ArneSo said:

Goatforce said:

GBone said:

JungleElf said:

GBone said:

JungleElf said:

GBone said:

*in April

Wait, actively having to defend ones territories is considered a bug to be fixed now?
    O.o
    He’s not entirely wrong. Norsca needs some tweaks and also an update for the favour of the gods mechanic once Monogods are out. Some additional monster hunts with Ogre and chaos monsters would also be cool.

But all this is very minor and only really make sense in WH3.
    We should also not forget that Norsca already got a small update like Bretonnia when it was added to ME.

Right now only BM left in dire need of a rework.
    Goatforce said:

ArneSo said:

Goatforce said:

GBone said:

JungleElf said:

GBone said:

JungleElf said:

GBone said:

*in April

In order to make a BM pack work you have to magically pull developers from something else (like a major title currently in the last leg of it's development). We have never had a major rework this quick, whereas we have had a DLC out in this timeframe without one.

As you said they want to bring all WH1 races up to date, that isn't a promise that all will be, and as you noted they have already broken that as WoC will be updated in game 3. That statement proves nothing.

Correct, it isn't rocket science, the DLC lines up with a S&B style release with no rework, and CA saying they want all game 1 races to be updated before WH3 is not an ironclad promise that they will be - and given WoC we know they won't be anyway. I would love to be wrong on this but the evidence points to it not being BM atm.
    Oh and magically most WH3 devs are probably done with their work for WH3... hmmmm