Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Speculation thread, Korea as the last and only DLC and done

Misaka_ComplexMisaka_Complex Registered Users Posts: 2,950
edited February 23 in General Discussion
So with how things are going with CA and how speculations are flying around, I will make my own speculation that Korea will be the last final DLC and the only remaining DLC for this game and they will no longer make further DLCs for this game. They can even make it into different parts too, a new Korean starting date along with a Korean expansion pack to add more to the map focusing on Korea!

Comments

• shattishatti Registered Users Posts: 557
    that would suck so much
    they should cover after 194 date start
  • MetalWarLordXMetalWarLordX Registered Users Posts: 20
    I really hope they there will be more dlc's. 3 kingdoms is an awesome game
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 17,783
    Happy to see that you changed your mind about Korea.

I don’t expect another major historical title before 2023, since TW is an annual series. 2021 will be about WH3, 2022 will be for a new Saga game a-la Troy. So 2 more years of DLC suport is what I expect.

Considering that the upcoming DLC takes so long, I lowered my DLC expectations drastically.

2021:
    - Guandu Chapter Pack
    - Northern Barbarians Expansion Pack

2022:
    - another Chapter Pack (Chibi/3K)
    - Korean Kingdoms Expansion Pack

So 4 more DLCs spread over 2 years.
  • LESAMALESAMA Member Registered Users Posts: 1,903
    Come on misaka you can’t be serious. It has already been confirmed there will be a northern expansion pack and at least one more chapter pack. Korea is the least logical dlc from a 3k perspective although i would like ca to add korea at a certain point in time.

We need to be realistic and stop the nonsense discussions about some dlc being the last/the game is dead etc. The only real fact is that ca s***s at communication and supporting their games with patches. Which is a shame because i really like the games they make.
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 10,460
    edited February 23
    I'd rather have Korea as its own game.
    Hope CA considers historical authenticy.

*Do you want to play as Silla without its famous warrior Hwarang?

Or

*Do you want to see Hwarang interacting with Chinese 3 Kingdoms Characters? totally out of time period

My opinion...
    >Silla would feel dry without their notable Hwarang.
    >It would be unhistorical seeing Hwarang roaming China in game's timeline as they were founded several years later.

Game Starts - 190 A.D.
    Hwarang founded - 6th Century

---------------

Prefer Korean factions to interact with Tang Dynasty Characters rather than 3Kingdoms Characters as they were more active during that era.

Aside from that; Kim Yusin, GyeBaek and Gaesomun who were most notable characters/generals shall be present when CA makes a game about them.
    Post edited by jamreal18 on
  • Whiskeyjack_5691Whiskeyjack_5691 Registered Users Posts: 3,992
    edited February 23
    If the game is heading for the cliffs and CA is gearing up to abandon it, then they'd do it long before we ever caught a glimpse of a Korean Kingdoms DLC.
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 12,111
    I think there will be plenty of cheaper packs.. they’re easy money similar to Lord Packs.
  • 39821739175248623982173917524862 Registered Users Posts: 1,221

If the game is heading for the cliffs and CA is gearing up to abandon it, then they'd do it long before we ever caught a glimpse of a Korean Kingdoms DLC.

Yeah, if the next DLC and update is the last one, they'd do a proper 3 Kingdoms start date chapter pack first and foremost.
    We don't know if it is, since CA is adamant on being quiet and refusing to communicate.
  • Misaka_ComplexMisaka_Complex Registered Users Posts: 2,950
    ArneSo said:

Happy to see that you changed your mind about Korea.

I don’t expect another major historical title before 2023, since TW is an annual series. 2021 will be about WH3, 2022 will be for a new Saga game a-la Troy. So 2 more years of DLC suport is what I expect.

Considering that the upcoming DLC takes so long, I lowered my DLC expectations drastically.

2021:
    - Guandu Chapter Pack
    - Northern Barbarians Expansion Pack

2022:
    - another Chapter Pack (Chibi/3K)
    - Korean Kingdoms Expansion Pack

So 4 more DLCs spread over 2 years.

Ah but my speculation doesn't include 4 more DLCs, it only includes one more theme, and it will be the ONLY remaining DLCs themed around Korea. I predict that in the two characters teased on Chinese New Years, one of them MUST be Chogo of Bakjae with the other one being either a Goguryeo leader of a Silla leader, to finish the narrative of the Korean three kingdoms to parallel the Han. Really who needs more chapter packs about the silly Han and the Chinese three kingdoms when we already have the base three kingdoms. We need more diversity and culture in this game and Korea is the only sensible way to do this! Who cares about the narrative of the three kingdoms of China anyways when the clear and logical path would be to add Korea? The Chinese players have already bought the game anyways and they are losing interest in the game anyways so it would mean very little. On the other hand, if they make Korea, this will also boost the sales of the base game $60 to more Koreans and westerners who want to see Korea added to the game, so this naturally makes Korea the only path regarding the future of 3k. Of course, with the promise of Korea we must also get the promise Godzilla, so I speculate King Baejae of Chogo riding Godzilla coming to burn LuoYang in the next DLC.

LESAMA said:

Come on misaka you can’t be serious. It has already been confirmed there will be a northern expansion pack and at least one more chapter pack. Korea is the least logical dlc from a 3k perspective although i would like ca to add korea at a certain point in time.

We need to be realistic and stop the nonsense discussions about some dlc being the last/the game is dead etc. The only real fact is that ca s***s at communication and supporting their games with patches. Which is a shame because i really like the games they make.

This is just a speculation, so there don't need to be any proof at all. It also makes sense for CA to just add Korea and be done with it because it will increase the sales of the base game instead of trying to sell DLCs to those who already own the game.

I think there will be plenty of cheaper packs.. they’re easy money similar to Lord Packs.

They can make cheaper packs themed around Korea too. The Chinese characters are getting old, it is always the same old same old with only a few years apart with the same characters, Korean characters will bring a new dawn to China!
  • Whiskeyjack_5691Whiskeyjack_5691 Registered Users Posts: 3,992

Yeah, if the next DLC and update is the last one, they'd do a proper 3 Kingdoms start date chapter pack first and foremost.
    We don't know if it is, since CA is adamant on being quiet and refusing to communicate.
    Aye, if any DLC was going to be the last before they ditched the game and ran, it'd be a Chapter Pack set around the formation of the actual Three Kingdoms. I mean, they can't have a game called "Total War: Three Kingdoms" and not include the actual Three Kingdoms in some form.

The next Chapter Pack could be Guandu (and I still think it will be), but they could then shift gears and develop the 220 CE Chapter Pack as the last one, release it just before Warhammer 3 releases, then wash their hands of 3K.
  • ComradCommodoreComradCommodore Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 693
    Im still rolling with the next DLC will either be Guandu or a TK start date

And that will be all we will need to know as to the future of the game

IF Korea gets added (I really dont care) thats going to be one of the last things. Adding Korean troops really isnt going to change the game play, everyone screamed for the Nanman for "uNit DIveRsity" and look how quickly everyone stopped caring about that
  • kweassa1kweassa1 Registered Users Posts: 738
    If they add it, sure, why not. More content is always welcome.

But if they have only limited resources and manpower, in this age of COVID disrupting normal work schedules and productivity, I wouldn't hold my breath on Korea, nor expect it, because it's got virtually nothing to do with the Three Kingdoms era, and is even less relevant the 8 Princes DLC that was generally poorly received.

I've stated this many times, but the 3K has four major 'outsiders' that come into play and affect the war and politics of the era: the nanman to the southwest, the northwestern jiang, the wuhuan to the north, and the yue virtually everywhere south of the Yangtze.

All of these four major barbarian factions had clear impact in the 3K era: the Jiang tribes were the key allies of Shu and important part of Shu efforts in their northern campaigns, and took part as direct combatants in multiple campaigns.

Subduing and pacifying the Nanman was a significant part of crisis-management for the Shu after the death of Liu Bei, and was the very first test of how Zhuge Liang's new policies would work out.

Subduing the Yue people almost completely dominated the military actions of Wu within their own borders, and most generals of Wu -- a kingdom that did not see as frequent direct combat against other kingdoms -- built their careers on squashing numerous Yue rebellions.

Wuhuan of the north~north eastern borders had significant presence in the early 3K era when Yuan Shao and Gongsun Zhan was around, as Gongsun Zhan became the most fiersome, powerful of warlords through fighting against the Wuhuan, Yuan Shao sought and succeeded securing an important alliance with the Wuhuan, which made it possible for him to divert his attention southward to Cao Cao.

....Compared to this, Korea has nothing, except for the fact they were just around China, and back in the 2nd~3rd century Korea wasn't even considered "close proximity," unlike how it's only a few hours flight from Korea to China these days. Forces of Goguryeo tried to invade and pillage the border regions of Wei, and a Wei general dispatched crushed them. That couple of battles is literally all. The peninsula was about as relevant as Japan, since the last time China had any interest in the region was back in 1st century BC, when Wuti sent a strong expeditionary force and destroyed the proto-Korean Gojoseon kingdom.

Expecting Korean to appear in DLCs makes about as much sense as expecting the Himiko of Japan to appear.
  • MasterSlayeXMasterSlayeX Registered Users Posts: 491
    Korea ... no .... goguryeo as a 1 lord dlc pack with other Korean factions as generics and we get a campaign after which is set during gongsun yuans rebellion? Yah that could work considering that’s the only time Korea actually interacted with China was during the gongsun yuan rise and a few years later when wei faught goguryeo and his vassels

There’s so many factions in and around China that are more important to Korea like the shanyue , the qiang , the northern tribes and such
    Three Kingdoms need Qiang and Shanyue first before this Korea which has nothing to do with the game's timeline.

Goguryeo is more than enough if people are craving for Korea but no need to give special skins and mechanics for Baekje and Silla. Better allocate those resources to more deserving Characters and Factions.
  • MasterSlayeXMasterSlayeX Registered Users Posts: 491
    edited February 25
    jamreal18 said:

Three Kingdoms need Qiang and Shanyue first before this Korea which has nothing to do with the game's timeline.

Goguryeo is more than enough if people are craving for Korea but no need to give special skins and mechanics for Baekje and Silla. Better allocate those resources to more deserving Characters and Factions.

Indeed like baekje and silla never faught China at any point so I don’t see the reason to fully flesh those out (mods can always do that later if they are added as generics )

They can probably just get away with just goguryeo , okjeo and ye and using the later as part of goguryeo mechanic. His mechanic of being vassels pay him more tributes since that was what lead to his downside after the goguryeo- wei war his tributes connections were lost . I think instead of them making a unique for baekje and silla they should focus on the kings of goguryeo (think they had 3 between 184-240) and his rivals the gongsuns

The only reason I would want the others added as generics is for gongsun du/Lang/yuans sake if we get that far in the later scenarios He won’t be able to expand much in China during a 3 kingdom period so being able to conquer Korea and take land of Korea like they did would be their next strategy to try evening the fields
  • zakufa782zakufa782 Registered Users Posts: 57
    I don't want Korea in 3k, Korean should have their own game because their national myth is all about Korean are so unique and so great in the first place that they never ever took anything from the Chinese.
    edited February 25
    Korea were active in Tang Dynasty not in Chinese Three Kingdoms.
  • E_L_2E_L_2 Registered Users Posts: 43
    edited February 25
    Well isn't this interesting:

We'll see if you're right "Korea is the last and only DLC"! My bet is on no though, and that this is the Guandu chapter pack trailer we've been waiting for ;)