Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

User Info RequiredWrong Save Loading After Battle

Drakengard7Drakengard7 Registered Users Posts: 4
edited February 25 in Campaign & Battle Bugs
Hi all,

Been running into a weird save glitch recently. When I finish a battle in a solo campaign, the game loads a save from a completely different campaign after the battle, basically erasing my successful battle. It has done this 4-5 times now, and it getting to be extremely frustrating. I keep thinking I’ve found the issue and correct it, but it keeps happening.

Please help, this is pretty much making single player unplayable for me and I love this game.
Post edited by CHARLOTTEB_CA on

Comments

• OdTengriOdTengri Registered Users Posts: 6,438
    I've had same problem, once it even reloaded to a Campaign Map several Turns into the past. Like it was turn 20 and went back the turn 6.

Your going to need to Upload a Copy of the Game Save File, your Modified Log, and probably your Dx.diag.

Instructions can be found here

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/201808/read-this-before-posting#latest

and for Dx.Diag

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/open-and-run-dxdiag-exe-dad7792c-2ad5-f6cd-5a37-bf92228dfd85
  • Drakengard7Drakengard7 Registered Users Posts: 4
    edited February 26
    Was that a permanent fix for you? It has literally made my single player games unplayable. I love this game, but this is very frustrating. It has happened with multiple save files, do you think reinstalling may solve the issue?
  • CHARLOTTEB_CACHARLOTTEB_CA Administrator Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff Posts: 3,378
    Hey Drakengard7,

Could we grab the save files affected by the issue and if by chance you know what happened leading upto the issue happening / what you did on the turn before it would be super helpful!

Thanks!
    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • Drakengard7Drakengard7 Registered Users Posts: 4
    I've attached the closest auto-save to the most recent event.

I have played multiple campaigns over the last few days in single player, tomb kings, green skins, empire. Within the first 20 turns of each campaign, when I fight a manual battle (sometimes it will work for one or two battles before the bug happens) it will load the completely wrong save after victory. It also does not save the quicksave I try to use before each battle when the bug occurs.

It is always right after a manual battle, and then the battles for the rest of the campaign have the same result, keeping me from playing manual battles at all.
  • CHARLOTTEB_CACHARLOTTEB_CA Administrator Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff Posts: 3,378
    Hey Drakengard7,

That save file doesn't load for me - it seems to have 2 .save extensions - could you check the file and upload again for me? =)
    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
    Hey Guys!

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/182954/how-to-attach-a-file-to-your-posts/p1?new=1 - this should help you post your dxdiag!
    • Could you check you have enough space / clear space on your harddrive that the appdata folder is located in - you are going to want a decent amount of space free.
    • Verify the game cache
    • Re-install the game by deleting the CA folder located in appdata - you can copy any saves before doing this if you have saves you wish to keep as deleting this folder will remove saves!
    • Can you check the C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Warhammer2\resume\resume
    • C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Warhammer2\resume\resume_temp and see if either of the files here are write or read protected
    let me know if any of this helps!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file