Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Skaven and Dwarf DLC speculation for TW:WH3

Subr1185Subr1185 Registered Users Posts: 39
So I'm thinking of the units that will definitely be coming to TW:WH3, and I'd like to speculate for a bit. I'm not sure if these two (Skaven and Dwarfs) will be in the same DLC, but I think final product will be something similar. Explanations included

For Skaven:

Grey Seer Thanquol - Legendary Lord
Skreech Verminking - Legendary Lord or Legendary Hero
Stormfiends (Warpfire throwers)
Stormfiends (Ratling guns)
Verminlords - Generic Lord

For Dwarfs:

Thorek Ironbrow - Legendary Lord
Malakai Makaisson - Legendary Lord
Josef Bugman - Legendary Hero
Outcast Engineer - Generic Hero or Generic Lord
Rune Golems
Rune Guardians (Flame Throwers)
Rune Guardians (Machine Guns)

Dwarfs are getting really badly outgunned with the addition of all the WH2 content, and they are absolutely powerless against the skaven. Rune Golems and constructs would give them a fighting chance. If we have a LL focused on runes, and another focused on technology, it would only make sense to have Rune golems that are a combination of runes and technology. The reason I put up this against the Skaven, is because Stormfiends will definitely be coming alongside Thanquol in TW:WH3, and Stormfiends are a perfect balance to Rune golems - they are a combination of Skaven Mutations and Skaven Technology, so they will be an equivalent unit to Rune Golems. Maybe the Rune Golems can have more armor, but be slower, keeping with the Dwarf theme. Malakai can have a gyrocopter as a mount, and a faction mechanic similar to Ikit Claw's workshop, just without the nukes, but more focused on improving dwarf ranged units, maybe creating a few unique artillery pieces. Outcast Engineer could also have a gyrocopter as a mount and a machine gun as a main weapon. They could be focused more on buffiing gyrocopters. Verminlords could work as a single-unit, monstrous lord, like the demons will get. Again, maybe these two races won't get a DLC side by side, but not far apart from each other. What do you guys think?

Comments

• AmonkhetAmonkhet Registered Users Posts: 4,294
    I'd like:

Grey Seer Thanquol leading Clan Skurvy
    Screech Verminking LH
    Verminlords Lord Option
    Stormfiends (Warpfire Throwers)
    Stormfiends (Ratling Guns)
    Stormfiends (Windlaunchers)
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 12,461
    Came expecting another orange mohawk thread.

Was pleasantly surprised.

Completely agree, Dwarfs absolutely need fundamental changes to their roster to keep up with the endless bloat and powercreep of other races.
    81jt2dj75iky.png

Kia Kaha and C'est La Vie Kiwi123, neodeinos and FungusHound, the mighty Troll Slayers.
  • mecanojavi99mecanojavi99 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 1,971
    Did you just completely ignored Grimm Burlokson, an 8th character, as a LL and the Master Engineer as a Lord, but you put Malakai as a LL and an invented Engineer Outcast?

Oh, I call so much heresy upon this.
  • Aman3712Aman3712 Registered Users Posts: 592
    edited March 1
    Grimm Burloksson, who could lead the Engineers Guild, and could come with new units that could go along with the theme as well. I'm including Rune Guardians in this list since the Warhammer Fantasy wiki states that they're made up of a "complex system of cogs, levers, and pulleys that would baffle the greatest engineers of the Empire" - https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Rune_Guardians

In terms of the actual unit roster...
    - Dwarf Engineer Generic Lord
    - Thunderers (Grudge-rakers)
    - Thunderers (Crank Guns)
    - Rune Guardians
    - Rune Guardians (Drakeguns)
    - Rune Golem
    - Thunderbarge
    FLC: Thorek Ironbrow

I'd even include dwarfs with Gryo-Harnesses from Age of Reckoning as another potential unit, but the list I have currently is already of decent size XD
  • AraethonAraethon Registered Users Posts: 765
    Alright I'm gonna take a stab at the speculation myself. First I'd seperate the three themes you got going on there (Runecrafting, Slayers and Engineering), as at least two of those could hold a LP on their own.

Alright the ones I see with the most potential is a runic LP (I picked this one first to make @Commissar_G happy and cause it could come with a runecrafting update) and slayer/engineering hyrbid that would come afterwards.

Runic Lord Pack
    LL: Thorek Ironbrow
    GH: Either a Brewmaster or possibly a Dragonslayer depending on whether the latter may come as a FLC
    Units: Rune Guardians/Golems (Either take your pick or both) and maybe some obscure footnote units i.e Anvilguard

Slayer/Engineer Lord Pack
    LL: Malakai/Grimm (the other could be made an FLC)
    GL: Daemonslayer/Master Engineer Lord (?)
    Units: Doomseekers, Goblin Hewer, Thunderbarge, maybe Grudgerakers

I'm no expert, but CA has shown me they're a lot more creative than I am and have come with some really neat stuff so if they went along these lines that'd be fine in my book.
  • SteelRoninSteelRonin Junior Member ChileRegistered Users Posts: 1,059
    Thanquol, the only LL I care about from WH3, lol
  • LabriaLabria Registered Users Posts: 1,632
    I expect this for Skaven and Dwarfs in future lord packs:

Skaven lord pack:
    • Legendary lord: Thanquol
    • Legendary hero: Boneripper
    • Generic lord: Verminlord
    • Units: Stormfiends(2-3 variants), Cauldron of a Thousand Poxes, Rotten Rodents and Pusbags
    • + Screech Verminking as FLC legendary lord in game 3
    I think we will get Verminlord, Stormfiends and few new Clan Pestilens units(this clan have only 3 own units in the game). I doubt Skaven really need something else.

Dwarfs lord pack:
    • Legendary lord: Malakai Makaisson
    • Legendary hero: Snorri Nosebiter
    • Generic lord: Daemon Slayer
    • Generic hero: Dragon Slayer(He can be also FLC hero)
    • Units: Slayer Pirates, Slayer Doomseeker, Goblin hewer, Thunderbarge(2-3 variants)
    • + Thorek Ironbrow and Grimm Burloksson as FLC legendary lords in game 3
    Slayers of Karak Kadrin list from Storm of Chaos is obvious choice for Dwarfs lord pack to expand slayers subfaction(we have only 2 slayers theme units in the game). Malakai Makaisson make perfect sense for this lord slayer theme pack. He has big potencial for interesting mechanic and interested starting position in Karag Dum in both campaigns.

Also, I think Josef Bugman will be add as another Dwarf legendary lord in White Dwarf promotion for game 3, maybe with Dwarf Brewmaster hero.
    Dwarfs need Slayer Lord pack: https://imgur.com/x74HxxU
  • AraethonAraethon Registered Users Posts: 765
    Labria said:

Skaven lord pack:

• Units: Stormfiends(2-3 variants), Cauldron of a Thousand Poxes, Rotten Rodents and Pusbags
    I think we will get Verminlord, Stormfiends and few new Clan Pestilens units(this clan have only 3 own units in the game). I doubt Skaven really need something else.

Dwarfs lord pack:
    • Units: Slayer Pirates, Slayer Doomseeker, Goblin hewer, Thunderbarge(2-3 variants)
    Slayers of Karak Kadrin list from Storm of Chaos is obvious choice for Dwarfs lord pack to expand slayers subfaction(we have only 2 slayers theme units in the game). Malakai Makaisson make perfect sense for this lord slayer theme pack. He has big potencial for interesting mechanic and interested starting position in Karag Dum in both campaigns.

Also, I think Josef Bugman will be add as another Dwarf legendary lord in White Dwarf promotion for game 3, maybe with Dwarf Brewmaster hero.
    Thorek could literally lead his own runic themed DLC though.
  • JungleElfJungleElf Registered Users Posts: 3,826
    edited March 1
    Araethon said:

Labria said:

Skaven lord pack:

Dwarfs lord pack:

Thorek could literally lead his own runic themed DLC though.
    And Grimm an engineer one.

At the end of the day, us Dawi-fans (yes, my name is misleading) should already be very happy if we get one good Lord Pack position (complete witb rework and all) as well as a FLC coupled to it.

But 8th edition Lords should come way before Storm of Chaos supplement captains who had a funny role in a novel and his own RoR. People forget Malakai didn't even lead that army, but the Slayer King's son did.
  • DwarfMasterRaceDwarfMasterRace Registered Users Posts: 2,353
    Aman3712 said:

Grimm Burloksson, who could lead the Engineers Guild, and could come with new units that could go along with the theme as well. I'm including Rune Guardians in this list since the Warhammer Fantasy wiki states that they're made up of a "complex system of cogs, levers, and pulleys that would baffle the greatest engineers of the Empire" - https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Rune_Guardians

- Rune Guardians
    - Rune Golem
    - Thunderbarge

I'd even include dwarfs with Gryo-Harnesses from Age of Reckoning as another potential unit, but the list I have currently is already of decent size XD

I doubt we would ever see gyro-harnesses in the game because they were purely invented to serve as a player mount in the AoR MMORPG, which is on an alternate timeline, so it's not canon. Granted GW could make it canon but I don't see why they would. We already have copters and bombers, and could get the Tunderbarge. So jetpack Dwarfs not needed. :D
    Justice for Kiwi123, neodeinos and FungusHound, the mighty Troll Slayers.
  • mecanojavi99mecanojavi99 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 1,971

Aman3712 said:

- Rune Guardians
    - Rune Golem
    - Thunderbarge

I doubt we would ever see gyro-harnesses in the game because they were purely invented to serve as a player mount in the AoR MMORPG, which is on an alternate timeline, so it's not canon. Granted GW could make it canon but I don't see why they would. We already have copters and bombers, and could get the Tunderbarge. So jetpack Dwarfs not needed. :D
    Jetpack Dwarfs maybe not.

But what about Slayer Kamikaze Jetpack Dwarfs??????
  • mightygloinmightygloin Karaz-a-KarakRegistered Users Posts: 4,005

Would rather wish Dwarfs play on their strengths rather than getting a spammable monstrous stuff and changing the entire faction. That means primarily getting

• Doomseekers and generic slayer characters
    • Weapon variants for existing generic characters (if character customization won't happen)
    • Ironbreakers with Drakefire Pistols
    • Thunderers with Grudgeraker shotguns
    • Possibly the tank from older editions
    • And most importantly the whole rune system encompassing various runic upgrades for every single unit
    • Shieldbearer mounts
    • Brewmasters with minor healing

• BargrimmBargrimm Registered Users Posts: 292
    Skaven got already 3 !!! DLC´s while other races has only one. So the Skaven DLC should be a VERY long time in the future!
    Dwarves on the other hand need desperately new content.