Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Top ten New Han Factions that I would like to see in future DLC's and their possible mechanics

TheTrueLordAndyTheTrueLordAndy Registered Users Posts: 803
1. Liu Bei / Liu Shan rework. Liu Bei definitely needs an important re-work down the line to stay on par with the new power creep in Cao Cao's faction. I think his mechanic could involve exterminating traitors of the Han. He could have the opposite mechanic of Dong Zhuo where instead of intimidation he has a righteousness meter. Perhaps he could also have a mechanic were he gains some mechanics from other factions such as if he eliminates Liu Zhang he gets a weaker version of the Liu Yan/ Liu Zhang inheritance mechanic so he can try and develop Liu Shan.

2. Sun Quan. I feel that Sun Quan should have a governing mechanic where he obtains additional missions from trusted advisors. Although this might be a little too similar to the new court system. His mechanic could also have something to do with re-developing/ re-building the south.

3. Ma Chao. Ma Chao/ Ma Teng do need a new mechanic. For Ma Chao I think his mechanic should have something to do with raiding and using elite cavalry units. Perhaps he could also have a mechanic were you get bonuses for exterminating rival characters within rival factions. Perhaps he can obtain rivalries with people more easily too.

4. Guan Yu. If we get Guan Yu as a faction or not will depend on if there is a chapter pack between ChiBi and a Three kingdoms. His mechanic should highlight his arrogance were you get bonuses for diminishing your relations with Wei and Wu and trying to aggressively expand. His mechanic can be based on achieving certain things in battle.

5. Sima Yi/ Jin. I think Sima Yi if made a faction should get multiple mechanics. He could have special formations only available to him in battle. For a main mechanic though he should have some kind of meter that goes up by gaining victories for Wei but if you win too much or grow in power Cao Zhen / Cao Rui etc will initially cut your supplies and eventually declare you as an enemy if you get too strong. You should have actions were you can relinquish military command to a general that Cao Rui decides, reduce the amount of troops you have, or return to court to help rebalance the meter.

6. Zhao Ang or Wei Kang as faction leader. Zhao Ang is a faction that I would really be excited about because it would also give more flavor to a Ma Chao campaign, as he and his wife resisted Ma Chao. His Wife Wang Yi, is the female character that I would most want to see as a unique character in the game since she was one of the few women that actually fought. For mechanics perhaps his armies could build special fortifications and get a special stance instead of fortify where they would get a much more substantial fort. Overall his mechanics would make sense to be themed around military defense. Since the new emperor mechanics were added, perhaps his mechanic could synergize in some ways were he gets extra supplies and bonuses for defending against factions declared as enemies of the Han.

7. Zhang Lu. Zhang Lu is a faction that I really would like to see since he would add really nice flavor to the just added Liu Yan/ Liu Zhang's campaigns as well. Zhang Lu would have multiple start dates and would provide a nice narrative for when Liu Zhang invited Liu Bei into Shu to defend against Zhang Lu. Serious trivia in some his videos mentioned that his mechanics could involve assimilating yellow turbans which would be very interesting. This could also serve as an opportunity to fix a few things that the community has been asking for with yellow turbans. Such as Han factions being able to recruit yellow turbans (the way they can recruit nanman officers), Yellow turbans having some brothership hierarchy in place of a family tree, able to spawn more generic characters late game as they tend to run out of characters, an alternative mechanic to spying etc.

8. Zhang Xiu. He is very interesting in my opinion and could be added into a 190 date as well as a Dong Zhuo vassal. His mechanic could be involved around being a vassal and getting bonuses for furthering your vassal masters goals and then transition to a different mechanic late game where you try to usurp your vassal master.

9. Han Sui. Him I definitely expect, his mechanic could involve assembling Qiang and other ethnic tribes where he would get their units. He also could have a mechanic were his characters that show exemplary military prowess can become one of his "eight knights" as his top eight generals where known as han Sui's eight knights.

10.Ze Rong. I could see him being a 190 FLC as he died in 195. The main reason I chose him is because he was a buddhist leader and built buddihst temples. His start would also be interesting because he would start south of Tao Qian, in the south east corer of the map where we don't have any starting warlord currently.

His mechanics could involve converting characters to Buddhism and giving them a special buddhist trait. Also he could have a mechanic which encourages you to backstab allies and steal their territory. (Since he did backstab people historically like Liu Yao) He could also get unique buddhist convert units or warrior monks maybe.

Comments

• kaihookaihoo Registered Users Posts: 1,097
    edited March 2021
    Liu Yu

I feel the 182 start date feels really empty with loads of historically active but generic warlords and would love it if CA decides to flesh them out. The first has to be Liu Yu

He was appointed to Governor of You Province. He was highly valued in the Han court for this abilities and highly influential and renowned during that period for this just and capable rule.

"During his tenure, he gained a strong reputation for good, incorrupt and benevolent governance. Even the ethnic minority tribes (e.g. Wuhuan, Xianbei) in You Province and foreign kingdoms near the Han Empire's northern borders (e.g. Buyeo, Yemaek) so highly respected him that they did not dare to cause trouble in his jurisdiction. "
    - Source: Wikipedia

Faction mechanic could be super high diplomatic relations combined with a prosperous, stable economy. Yuan Shao and Han Fu wanted him to take the throne but he refused. Reflecting his capable rule, integrity and the high esteem he enjoyed amongst the major warlords with the exception of the traitorous Gongsun Zan of course.
    Post edited by kaihoo on
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,050
    Zhang Lu
    Zhang Xiu
    Sima Yi
  • DeckardusDeckardus Registered Users Posts: 2,077
    I would like to see these playable factions in the future:
    1. Ma Chao
    2. Guan Yu
    3. Han Sui
    4. Zhang Lu
    5. Gongsun Du/Gongsun Kang
    6. Liu Yao
    7. Wang Lang
    8. Li Jue
    9. Yuan Tan
    10. Zhang Xiu
    Ma Chao and Guan Yu are perfect selling point for 211 and 219 chapters packs. I doubt it will be big problem to find interesting mechanic for them.
    Han Sui, Zhang Lu and Gongsun Du/Gongsun Kang have huge potencial to be interesting playable factions with unique mechanics in future FLC/DLC. I think we will get them soon or later.

Ma Chao, Guan Yu, Han Sui, Zhang Lu and Gongsun Du/Gongsun Kang factions are really must have for me.

Also, I think Liu Yao and Wang Lang are good options to add more playable factions on the south part of map in 190 and 194 campaigns. After all, they were main enemies for Sun Ce in 194 together with Yan Baihu.

I wish to have playable Li Jue, Yuan Tan and Zhang Xiu factions in the game. I think it was a mistake to skip these factions in DLCs. It's weird that 200 chapter doesn't have any exclusive playable faction only for this chapter.
    I can imagine Li Jue as playable faction in 194 with special mechanic about Li Jue and Guo Si as two leaders in one faction.
  • MasterSlayeXMasterSlayeX Registered Users Posts: 1,004
    Labria said:

I would like to see these playable factions in the future:

1. Ma Chao
    2. Guan Yu
    3. Han Sui
    4. Zhang Lu
    5. Gongsun Du/Gongsun Kang
    6. Liu Yao
    7. Wang Lang
    8. Li Jue
    9. Yuan Tan
    10. Zhang Xiu
    Ma Chao and Guan Yu are perfect selling point for 211 and 219 chapters packs. I doubt it will be big problem to find interesting mechanic for them.
    Han Sui, Zhang Lu and Gongsun Du/Gongsun Kang have huge potencial to be interesting playable factions with unique mechanics in future FLC/DLC. I think we will get them soon or later.

Ma Chao, Guan Yu, Han Sui, Zhang Lu and Gongsun Du/Gongsun Kang factions are really must have for me.

Also, I think Liu Yao and Wang Lang are good options to add more playable factions on the south part of map in 190 and 194 campaigns. After all, they were main enemies for Sun Ce in 194 together with Yan Baihu.

I wish to have playable Li Jue, Yuan Tan and Zhang Xiu factions in the game. I think it was a mistake to skip these factions in DLCs. It's weird that 200 chapter doesn't have any exclusive playable faction only for this chapter.
    I can imagine Li Jue as playable faction in 194 with special mechanic about Li Jue and Guo Si as two leaders in one faction.
    I think for li jue trust would be a good mechanic for both li jue and guo si . Guo si gets made a vassel . Guo si is special in that he will never hate or betray li jue as long as his trust bar is high giving you basically a vassel who you can relie on . However schemes and breaking promises to guo si will lower the trust . Should it go to zero he will rebel and it will result in your land becoming chaotic with officers swapping sides and such until guo Ji is dead

Wang Lang I feel could really make use of the fact he funded the shanyue barbarians to do his bidding . Having a mechanic to raise diplomacy favor with other factions to then befriend them he can then learn how to make that factions unique unit in limited quantity (starts with 2 at level 1 and 6 at level 5 . ) he does not get any unique units himself but he uses other peoples to gain the upper hand (either though an diplomacy option only available when allies , vassel , vassel master , military alliance or empire) . His other method of obtaining is if he recruits the faction leader (dlc officers can be recruited but their units won’t be active unless you own it so recruiting sun ce won’t give you his uniques unless you own world betrayed )

Yuan Tans would easily be fathers favor . Gaining favor points for doing tasks for yuan Shao . The higher his favor is the more loyal his officers become considering him the true heir . While he starts as a vassel of yuan Shao he will eventually have to fight yuan Shao when yuan Shang takes the throne (or tries to) . By doing missions you will gain access to yuan shaos better officers in your faction like yan liang . Wen chou , zhang he and such as well as effecting your standing with yuan xis (only in 200 ad) if you keep yuan xi happy he will become a loyal vassel to tan otherwise he becomes a loyal vassel to Shang .

Yuan tan will also be the first faction to have an quest battle in 200 ad . When you start the game you have an dilemma of an past event . You have the option to follow history or break history with this past battle giving you and your enemy a set army . Yuan tan was sent to save yuan shu . If ignored yuan Shu dies and history is as normal . However if tan wins somehow against Liu bei yuan Shu is added to tans faction and gains a huge amount of fathers favor (if he gives the imperial seal to yuan Shao) but it causes Liu bei to go to war with yuan Shao from turn 1 of 200ad

• Skarsnik_De_EmperorSkarsnik_De_Emperor Registered Users Posts: 1,832
    I actually want to play some minor warlord characters first, especially those with unique personalities. For example, Yan Baihua was an absolute nice surprise and very well done (bugs aside). However, faction (and character) can fill out the "voids" in map and time-span should come first.

I actually want to play some minor warlord characters first, especially those with unique personalities. For example, Yan Baihua was an absolute nice surprise and very well done (bugs aside). However, faction (and character) can fill out the "voids" in map and time-span should come first.

Yes, Especially in the MOH 182 start date.
  • TheTrueLordAndyTheTrueLordAndy Registered Users Posts: 803
    kaihoo said:

Liu Yu

I feel the 182 start date feels really empty with loads of historically active but generic warlords and would love it if CA decides to flesh them out. The first has to be Liu Yu

He was appointed to Governor of You Province. He was highly valued in the Han court for this abilities and highly influential and renowned during that period for this just and capable rule.

"During his tenure, he gained a strong reputation for good, incorrupt and benevolent governance. Even the ethnic minority tribes (e.g. Wuhuan, Xianbei) in You Province and foreign kingdoms near the Han Empire's northern borders (e.g. Buyeo, Yemaek) so highly respected him that they did not dare to cause trouble in his jurisdiction. "

Faction mechanic could be super high diplomatic relations combined with a prosperous, stable economy. Yuan Shao and Han Fu wanted him to take the throne but he refused. Reflecting his capable rule, integrity and the high esteem he enjoyed amongst the major warlords with the exception of the traitorous Gongsun Zan of course.

Liu Yu could be a good option. He has a nice rivalry with Gongsun Zan and will border the tribes from the northern expansion.
  • shattishatti Registered Users Posts: 753
    1- rung ro
    2- fung su
    3- Shang shi shu
    4- Du Du
    ____________________________Total War: Three Kingdoms mods______________________________
    -Records Mod: Classic Total War https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2229620309
    -Court Actions & Politics https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2525984504
    -Big Dong https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2585802057&searchtext=

edited March 2021

kaihoo said:

Liu Yu

Liu Yu could be a good option. He has a nice rivalry with Gongsun Zan and will border the tribes from the northern expansion.
    He could gain his mechanic for good deeds and good ruler ship (happy people , sparing people , special claiming of land which costs him money to make the place prosper ) and lose it for bad deeds (unhappy people , executing people , raiding places for resources ) his mechanic giving positive diplomacy with a bunch of factions including the northern tribes

He could gain his mechanic for good deeds and good ruler ship (happy people , sparing people , special claiming of land which costs him money to make the place prosper ) and lose it for bad deeds (unhappy people , executing people , raiding places for resources ) his mechanic giving positive diplomacy with a bunch of factions including the northern tribes

You might have a point here... I think he could use a similar mechanic as Yuan Shu's Legitimacy. Do enough good deeds/missions to accumulate good deed points and win the allegiances of the warlords. Accumulate the fealty of enough warlords to form one of the three kingdoms than duke it out for the Emperor's throne from there. Something like that.. Sounds like a good idea??? lol
    edited March 2021
    kaihoo said:

You might have a point here... I think he could use a similar mechanic as Yuan Shu's Legitimacy. Do enough good deeds/missions to accumulate good deed points and win the allegiances of the warlords. Accumulate the fealty of enough warlords to form one of the three kingdoms than duke it out for the Emperor's throne from there. Something like that.. Sounds like a good idea??? lol
    Tbh that sounds a lot better than what I. Was thinking . I was just gonna make him a reverse of Dong zhuo with benevolent acts instead of evil acts . But this sounds a lot better. A unique diplomacy system and him not able to declare himself emperor wihout enough support (vassels and allies who support him are included in his land inclusion and help with his prestige) means for a more pacifist play style with only the biggest warmongers factions , people who hate you and the other empires standing in your way . Prehaps other cultures too (mainly turbans would be nice if he can befriend Nanman and northern tribes considering his reputation)

His missions could be anything from donating and improving his land to fighting the corrupt warlords , yellow turban bandits or bandit factions . His other mechanic other than diplomacy could be capturing double or even triple the amount of enemy troops and making the replenish option for beating enemies more effective . After all when he faught gongsun zan he wanted to go straight for zan to prevent casualties so him capturing more troops than killing would live up to this nature

His missions could be anything from donating and improving his land to fighting the corrupt warlords , yellow turban bandits or bandit factions . His other mechanic other than diplomacy could be capturing double or even triple the amount of enemy troops and making the replenish option for beating enemies more effective . After all when he faught gongsun zan he wanted to go straight for zan to prevent casualties so him capturing more troops than killing would live up to this nature

Exactly! And like you mentioned minus points for raiding and executing the good people. Executing villains should be fine though.. lol

Maybe also allowing him to wage war against warlords with bad reputation or bad imperial favour so his gameplay not ultra passive..
  • Arknav555Arknav555 Registered Users Posts: 129

kaihoo said:

Liu Yu

I think Liu Yu and Han Sui will be either the DLC or FLC faction depending on which way they go. I think they'll both be added, but one will be locked behind a paywall. Gongsun Du will probably come in the Korea DLC (if it ever comes).
    Arknav555 said:

I think Liu Yu and Han Sui will be either the DLC or FLC faction depending on which way they go. I think they'll both be added, but one will be locked behind a paywall. Gongsun Du will probably come in the Korea DLC (if it ever comes).

I really hope so!